CFZ Aaron Donald is the missing Piece!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry, make this bold Charles Haley type move, and watch us steam roll the Whiners in the playoffs and KC in the Superbowl!!
If the Cowboys could trade a future 2nd round and 3rd round pick for Donald like they did for Haley, I would be all on board if they could make the salary cap fit.

And as for salary cap, there wasn't one when Haley was acquired, so that didn't have to be factored in.

I think it would likely take several 1st rounders though, and probably more on top of that, plus the salary cap complication. Those are pretty tough obstacles.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If the Cowboys could trade a future 2nd round and 3rd round pick for Donald like they did for Haley, I would be all on board if they could make the salary cap fit.

And as for salary cap, there wasn't one when Haley was acquired, so that didn't have to be factored in.

I think it would likely take several 1st rounders though, and probably more on top of that, plus the salary cap complication. Those are pretty tough obstacles.
I agree.

I said Donald is the missing piece. I should have said another big athletic DT is the missing piece to getting our D to an elite/dominant level( 14 pts a game or less if healthy).

In my opinion a defense is almost never elite/dominant unless they have a dominant DL. We have a good D line right now, but not dominant.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

well they wont know if they never ask lol.

rams might not want to trade him or they might, dont know unless a call is made.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
We have Micah Parsons, the missing piece for at least a half dozen teams.

But let's trade out next five 1st round picks for Donald.......so that Nick Bosa will become the Cowboys next missing piece.
Your point is lost when you exaggerate.

We need another top end DT to get this D to an elite level. I would like AD, but I understand that is unlikely.

We are close to being Super Bowl caliber.
We need to find a way to get another DT!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
still ill say its an untradeable contract for 2 years.. can we let it go bad thread started by a delusional fans. its a fantasy request, its NOT HAPPENING. BOOK IT

can we get back to real issues to debate?
Why such a child?

We need a DT to take this D to an elite level. It does not have to be AD.

We have until the trade deadline to pick one up.
Debate this.

plasticman

Reaction score

We need another top end DT to get this D to an elite level. I would like AD, but I understand that is unlikely.

As per this thread, the missing piece is a future Hall of Famer.

And, yet, I'm exaggerating?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don’t settle.

I think this D needs to be stronger at DT. We need one more stud DT and this D has a chance to be elite!!!
its about the league, this isn't FF nor madden and the Cap and the amount of players to assemble a full 63 man team keeps you from being able to sign anyone your little mind can conjure up..lmao its not settling its part of the process and structure of the NFL..

sorry but not one mention of Doanld on the trade block nor interested in being traded not is his contract tradable, that's your answer. LET IT GO

this year no more big moveds will be made Odd though my FF dream of mahomes i found and article with him mentioning coming back to Texas one day maybe Dallas so mine was actually a valid fanastsy , yours is for 30yr old player who will make mnore then dak this year..try again this is NOT happening..

BTW want one of those here, how about a real trade possibly like young player looking to get paid and team that typically willing to trade vs pay their player Jets Quinnen Williams maybe not this year(but its more possible then Donad and makes more sense) nut next offseason could be target.

Wiiliams is entering the final year of his rookie deal, which is scheduled to pay him $9.5 million. Williams told reporters in January he would not attend the Jets' optional offseason program without a contract extension. Hes on a 5th year option.

plasticman

Reaction score

You did not say "another top end DT" You specifically mentioned the best DT in the NFL today.

"Aaron Donald, smack dab in the middle of our defense, with the other additions we have made on D, will enable OUR defense to leap frog the Forty Whiners defense and become THE DOMINANT D in the NFL. By DOMINANT, I mean less than 14 points a game."

This is not an exaggeration. It is your direct quote.