CFZ Aaron Donald is the missing Piece!

conner01

Reaction score
Charles Haley and Deon Sanders were not realistic either.

What happened after they signed? How many Super-bowls did Charles help us win?
Actually both eere
49ers we’re ready to get rid of charles
There was also no cap then

Kwyn

Reaction score
We had a very good defensive draft: We picked up a big run stuffing DT, a LBer/Safety with speed and attitude and a DT/DE who should help at both positions.

We finally used Free Agency to pickup a true difference maker on defense: Gilmore is a smart and athletic, top 10 CB, who will solidify the corner spot opposite DIggs! HUGE upgrade over Brown!!

Aaron Donald, smack dab in the middle of our defense, with the other additions we have made on D, will enable OUR defense to leap frog the Forty Whiners defense and become THE DOMINANT D in the NFL. By DOMINANT, I mean less than 14 points a game.

A DOMINANT D will take so much pressure of Dak. He won’t be expected to throw the ball 40 times a game. Let the D and the running game do most of the heavy lifting. Dak can pick his spots.

Jerry, make this bold Charles Haley type move, and watch us steam roll the Whiners in the playoffs and KC in the Superbowl!!
Huh. I though Pat Mahomes was the missing piece.

I think you should work up a similar plan for going to get him.

Maybe we can do both! Wouldn’t that be awesome ?!?!

Forneymike

Reaction score
Of course Donald is probably not coming to Dallas, but you never know. Who thought we would get Charles Haley or Deon Sanders? I would settle for a top 10 DT not named Donald.

Some of you people are little Debbie Downers.

Teams make big moves every year in trades, free agency, etc. etc. to try to win the Super Bowl. Because there are 32 other teams trying to win the Super Bowl, most of the time, these big moves don’t put their team over the top, BUT almost every year the team that wins the Super Bowl makes a big move that helps THEM win the Super Bowl.

We are close, I think if we made a big move to trade for a stud DT like Donald we would have a MUCH better chance of winning the Super Bowl.
Haley was on unsteady ground in SF. They hated him and he hated them. Deion was a free agent playing baseball and the whole world knew Jerry wanted him so was not shocking but expected

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It’s more important to keep young talent than add old talent. The whole AD thing is like saying let’s add Mahomes. It’s not realistic. The Rams would have over 40 mil in dead money, AD contract would cost all the cap space we have coming in June plus some. But the timing too would just be silly for the rams. If they wanted to trade AD then they could have before the draft and got picks to replace him, while knowing when that pick would be. Trading now you leave a big hole and you can’t fill it till next draft while trading for a pick you have no idea when it will be.
There are dozens of players around the league that would help this team but the vast majority of them you couldn’t get even if you wanted to
Young talent eventually becomes old expensive talent. The idea should be to sieze the moment before that happens.

Usually, that means adding to the team while the QB is cheap. That’s not an option anymore for us. But our top WR, EDGE, and CB are cheap right now.

Again I’m not standing on the table for AD, but I don’t think it’s unrealistic either for the Rams and it’s certainly not in the same realm of saying “let’s trade for Mahomes”.

The Rams haven’t had a first round pick in 7 years. They traded Jalen Ramsey for a 3rd round pick and a tight end. They are hurting for draft capital. I don’t think they’re valuing this year, and if they could get a 1st for Donald they’d probably take it (though I believe he has a no trade clause).

conner01

Reaction score
Young talent eventually becomes old expensive talent. The idea should be to sieze the moment before that happens.

Usually, that means adding to the team while the QB is cheap. That’s not an option anymore for us. But our top WR, EDGE, and CB are cheap right now.

Again I’m not standing on the table for AD, but I don’t think it’s unrealistic either for the Rams and it’s certainly not in the same realm of saying “let’s trade for Mahomes”.

The Rams haven’t had a first round pick in 7 years. They traded Jalen Ramsey for a 3rd round pick and a tight end. They are hurting for draft capital. I don’t think they’re valuing this year, and if they could get a 1st for Donald they’d probably take it (though I believe he has a no trade clause).
It creates 40 plus million in dead money. His salary is higher than the cap space we have plus next year Diggs has to be paid and lamb, micah would come due before his contract ran out. If they wanted to trade him why wouldn’t they have traded him before the draft when they could have got picks that they could have used to replace him? And knew where the picks would be. I’m sure if someone offered them a couple of first plus something else they might roll the dice but that’s a crazy offer for a guy in his 30’s

J12B

Reaction score
I could see the Rams willing to trade him for a couple of premium picks during the trade deadline if they're out of the playoff picture. Which they probably will be.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Great player but expensive and wants to retire a ram new deal means he cant move without a lot of dead cap and he was close to hanging it up before they backed the dump trick up to keep him...not happening, anther dreamer here with missing piece of the puzzle, common sense!! salary cap says NOPE. blue ink =dead cap

Contract details by year
31$1,500,000$16,000,000$5,000,000-$4,500,000$27,000,000$73,000,000$31,500,000($31,500,000)$31,500,000
Contract details by year
32$13,500,000$8,000,000--$4,500,000$26,000,000$59,500,000$28,500,000($60,000,000)$30,000,000

POTENTIAL OUT: 2024, 2 YR, $60,000,000; $33,500,000 DEAD CAP​

Contract details by year
33$10,000,000$8,000,000$5,000,000$6,666,666$4,500,000$34,166,666$33,500,000$35,000,000($95,000,000)$31,666,667
Contract details by year
34-$8,000,000-$6,666,666-$16,000,000$16,000,000-
Contract details by year
35-$8,000,000-$6,666,666-$8,000,000--

last thought, AD has been with the rams since 2014, 8 season and they have one ring that didnt happen until stafford..hardly THE only missing piece.. most teams can use a AD but there's only one.. lets move onto reality..
AD was my 1st choice. To make this D elite, I think we need 1 more very good DT added to the D line.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I could see the Rams willing to trade him for a couple of premium picks during the trade deadline if they're out of the playoff picture. Which they probably will be.
You are thinking.

No one thought we would get Deon but we did!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Contracts can be renegotiated.
no they cant the guaranteed money paying dead cap is real thing and that's not being changed and he cant be traded what team would trade payer and eat 59mil for that year and another 33 the next lOL they would be paying him to pay with the new team. no one trades payer in the first year of brand-new deal because of all the bonus money being dead cap. he nearly retired then took this deal why would he then approve a trade and take less?? LMAO wow this pace can be clueless at times..smh

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We had a very good defensive draft: We picked up a big run stuffing DT, a LBer/Safety with speed and attitude and a DT/DE who should help at both positions.

We finally used Free Agency to pickup a true difference maker on defense: Gilmore is a smart and athletic, top 10 CB, who will solidify the corner spot opposite DIggs! HUGE upgrade over Brown!!

Aaron Donald, smack dab in the middle of our defense, with the other additions we have made on D, will enable OUR defense to leap frog the Forty Whiners defense and become THE DOMINANT D in the NFL. By DOMINANT, I mean less than 14 points a game.

A DOMINANT D will take so much pressure of Dak. He won’t be expected to throw the ball 40 times a game. Let the D and the running game do most of the heavy lifting. Dak can pick his spots.

Jerry, make this bold Charles Haley type move, and watch us steam roll the Whiners in the playoffs and KC in the Superbowl!!
and here is another gen z fan, who plays yahoo fantasy football making real world moves. or is this one a Madden 2022 type trade?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Jerry Jones did not make that trade. He just went to get Haley from the Airport. So why is every Jonesboys fan looking for Jerry Dumbo GM Jones to do Jimmy Johnson trade moves?

If you want to know what is a Jerry Jones trade see Amari Cooper come and save a season for a 1st round pick, and Amari Cooper leave and lose a season for a swap of a 5th round pick.

Can't get right..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong but dead cap means that what the old team carries on their cap..no way hes tradeable for 2 years after 2024 maybe. Either way he does NOT fit on our current teams cap.
The Rams dead cap hit is much smaller if they trade him than if the cut him. That's because the new team pays the his base salary and any unpaid roster bonuses.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
and here is another gen z fan, who plays yahoo fantasy football making real world moves. or is this one a Madden 2022 type trade?
What is gen Z? Why don’t you just say 29-40 yer olds etc. Adults don’t have time for all those stupid labels.

What is yahoo fantasy football?

Who plays Madden?

Are you looking in the mirror, Debbie Downer? If you don’t like the thread stay off of it, instead of letting every one know what a know it all, you THINK you are.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Of course Donald is probably not coming to Dallas, but you never know. Who thought we would get Charles Haley or Deon Sanders? I would settle for a top 10 DT not named Donald.

Some of you people are little Debbie Downers.

Teams make big moves every year in trades, free agency, etc. etc. to try to win the Super Bowl. Because there are 32 other teams trying to win the Super Bowl, most of the time, these big moves don’t put their team over the top, BUT almost every year the team that wins the Super Bowl makes a big move that helps THEM win the Super Bowl.

We are close, I think if we made a big move to trade for a stud DT like Donald we would have a MUCH better chance of winning the Super Bowl.
I’m definitely not a ‘Debbie Downer’. Barring injury, I think we’re have one of the best Ds in the league right now. I don’t think we’re even close to set at RB, and we could use another WR, not to mention getting some additional talent and depth at O-line. A stud DT would be nice, but we’ve seen what happens when we can’t put points on the board against the league’s best defenses, even when our defense holds the opposition to <20 points.