Aaron Rodger over Dak in Pro Bowl is Ridiculous

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Stop crying and pay attention. They have nearly the same passer rating (Rodgers is a point higher) except Rodgers has actually done something against a team with a pulse. Passing yards :laugh:. May as well put Jameis in the Pro Bowl too. Dak has a case but there are five guys ahead of him with at worst equal numbers and they are all on better teams which the Pro Bowl has always awarded.
So you completely avoided answering my question three times in the other thread. It’s almost like you’re hiding something.

1. Is passer rating your stat now? That is, how you define a good QB?

2. In the past have you ever downplayed the passer rating stat’s importance regarding Dak?

3. Why are you avoiding these questions?

erod

Reaction score
I usually don't start post but this really has me pissed. Aaron Rodgers is behind Dak in relatively EVERY Category/STAT they keep for NFL QBs and he beats out Dak for the Pro Bowl. Now I know its sometimes a popularity contest and I know that if its close then you go with the all pro. Maybe its about the winning record, but don't tell me DAK hasn't outplayed Aaron Rodgers this season. I aint crying but this is some BS. Dak has nearly a thousand more yards passing.

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
2 Dak Prescott DAL QB 340 519 65.5 37.1 4,334 8.4 309.6 26 11 204 39.3 62 61 13 18 99.3
11 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 300 474 63.3 33.9 3,463 7.3 247.4 24 2 157 33.1 74T 47 12 32 100.4
Statistical arguments are ridiculous. We see how Dak has played. Not that good. The voters saw it, too.

What was ridiculous was Zeke Elliott over Aaron Jones. That makes no sense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So you completely avoided answering my question three times in the other thread. It’s almost like you’re hiding something.

2. In the past have you ever downplayed the passer rating stat’s importance regarding Dak?

He's ALWAYS having to deflect lol.

Then he puts an emote :laugh: every time he gets caught. It's pretty sad.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Geno Atkins team has one win and made the pro bowl, I guess you're thinking MVP not pro bowl. Idk just giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Shhhhhh

Does a QB have a major effect on how a team does in this league? Salaries say yes.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He's ALWAYS having to deflect lol.

Then he puts an emote :laugh: every time he gets caught. It's pretty sad.
I know he does. It’s pretty funny. And sad someone has to hide from their own words on the internet.

I can only imagine what kind of person he is to deal with in real life.

He may be ignoring me because I make him feel dumb-er.

Anyone else please ask him about passer rafting and try to pin him down to one opinion.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Does a QB have a major effect on how a team does in this league? Salaries say yes.

Ahhh so record only matters when it's a QB now? Even though all other positions also determine outcome. Might as well not pay any other position then.

Shhh

quickccc

Reaction score
Which is exactly the reason not to get worked up about who's in/out. I might be in the minority, but I care absolutely zero about the PB,
and even less about who's playing in it. It's more meaningless than even the last preseason game each year.

but if you're a player, it means a great deal to them. as per testimonies from ex-NFL players. And players want that recognition.
It's an important recognition among fellow player peers around the NFL.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ahh yes because Rodgers puts up his best games against good opposition. That's why *checks notes* 9 of his 24 TDs have come against the Raiders and Giants. 15 over the other 11 games.

Great point.
I was just thinking that very same thang' before I saw your post.
But I expect Dak will eventually be a sub in alternate for one of the voted QBs.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
but if you're a player, it means a great deal to them. as per testimonies from ex-NFL players. And players want that recognition.
It's an important recognition among fellow player peers around the NFL.
Oh, I don't doubt that it's important to them, but as far as fans getting worked up over who got snubbed and so forth, I don't get it. The game itself isn't even slightly entertaining (IMO). It's more of an opportunity for a lot of them to fly their families in for a little vacation and for all to have a good time. Good for them in that regard, but I just don't care for it. I know there are a lot of people that find it entertaining and will watch, but it's just not my personal cup of tea.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Packers running backs have 24 TDs this season.

Is it possible that Rodgers TDs are down simply because they have a great redzone rushing attack?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I usually don't start post but this really has me pissed. Aaron Rodgers is behind Dak in relatively EVERY Category/STAT they keep for NFL QBs and he beats out Dak for the Pro Bowl. Now I know its sometimes a popularity contest and I know that if its close then you go with the all pro. Maybe its about the winning record, but don't tell me DAK hasn't outplayed Aaron Rodgers this season. I aint crying but this is some BS. Dak has nearly a thousand more yards passing.

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
2 Dak Prescott DAL QB 340 519 65.5 37.1 4,334 8.4 309.6 26 11 204 39.3 62 61 13 18 99.3
11 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 300 474 63.3 33.9 3,463 7.3 247.4 24 2 157 33.1 74T 47 12 32 100.4

Rogers outplays Dak when he wakes up in the morning. There I told you.

Cobb, "Why is the ball high, outside, and behind me all the time? Oh. Thats right I'm on a diff team now. And Dak is my QB."

JReed1000

Reaction score
Statistical arguments are ridiculous. We see how Dak has played. Not that good. The voters saw it, too.

What was ridiculous was Zeke Elliott over Aaron Jones. That makes no sense.

UMMM they play 2 totally different positions...REALLY???

LittleD

Reaction score

No it's not... WINS matter...stats not so much. HOF and Pro Bowls for QB's are all about WINS! Remember what Parcells said about QB's.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I haven’t “avoided” anything. I was generally unavailable to post over the last 7 days as I was traveling. It might have fell in that window.
No I do not think passer rating is the be all and end all. It has tons of problems and I’ve said that many times. But it is a real stat based on box score numbers that anyone with basic math ability can calculate, unlike PFF or QBR. There’s nothing weird about Aaron Rodgers going to the Pro Bowl over Dak. Dak has been more prolific but Aaron has been more efficient. In passer rating’s eyes, those are equal.

CowboysRule

Reaction score

Rodgers also got the NFL MVP award of Romo in 2014 (I think that was the year) even though Romo beat him in basically every statistical category while missing a game or two that season.