About Chaz Green

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure if you're being obtuse or just ill-informed, but Green did not miss his entire rookie season with an injury.

He was back and practicing with the team in mid-November was on the 53-man roster the final five weeks of the season.

He didn't play a single game last season that goes down as a missed season in my book. He started the season on PUP and wasn't activated until the first week in Dec. He was declared inactive the last 5 games.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I didn't read any of the details only that he walked off limping with an athletic trainer. Just seems to be a theme with him. When a rookie player misses an entire season with an injury and training camp hasn't even started and reports are they're limping off with an athletic trainer, it makes you wonder if this is how it's going to be with this guy. He was suppose to be ready for camp last season but limited and ended up not participating at all and being put on IR. Makes you wonder if he has the heart and desire to be an NFL player when you keep hearing things like this.
What makes you think possible injuries have something to do heart and desire? Sean Lee gets injured all the time, did he not have heart. What a leap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What makes you think possible injuries have something to do heart and desire? Sean Lee gets injured all the time, did he not have heart. What a leap.

When a player keeps coming up with things you start wondering about their desire and heart. Sean Lee played his rookie season and has shown during his career although injury plagued that he wants to be on the field. We haven't seen Green play a snap in preseason because he missed his rookie year. The only conversation that's been coming up with him is about his health. Now we're talking about him limping off the field with a cramp. Like I said there appears to be a theme going on with him, I guess we'll find out in camp.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not sure if you're being obtuse or just ill-informed, but Green did not miss his entire rookie season with an injury.

He was back and practicing with the team in mid-November was on the 53-man roster the final five weeks of the season.

@kjj should have read this and quite while not too far behind.

He didn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
@kjj should have read this and quite while not too far behind.

He didn't.

I'm never behind I'm just dealing with posters like you who love stirring it up with me. Chaz Green's rookie season was a wash due to an injury. Reports were he fell to the 3rd round due to durability issues. He was injured in OTA's last season and didn't participate in training camp or preseason. He spent most of the regular season on PUP. He didn't play a single down last season and a thread was just started with a tweet that he limped off the field in OTA's. It's probably nothing but the only news he keeps making concerns his health.

RoboQB

Reaction score
What time is Chaz Green's press conference where he announces his retirement?

Jersey retirement ceremony scheduled for the third home game.

Head trainer to induct Chaz into the HOF.

Name plate to be secured on Chaz's favorite table in the training room on final cut day.

LOL.... just having fun after seeing the typical jump to conclusion.

This makes me really want to root for the kid now.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'm never behind I'm just dealing with posters like you who love stirring it up with me. Chaz Green's rookie season was a wash due to an injury. Reports were he fell to the 3rd round due to durability issues. He was injured in OTA's last season and didn't participate in training camp or preseason. He spent most of the regular season on PUP. He didn't play a single down last season and a thread was just started with a tweet that he limped off the field in OTA's. It's probably nothing but the only news he keeps making concerns his health.

Not completely true.... They knew of his hip problems, once in camp, the injury flared and measures were taken ie surgery. He did return for last 5 weeks as stated above.

Primetime42

Reaction score
I didn't read any of the details only that he walked off limping with an athletic trainer. Just seems to be a theme with him. When a rookie player misses an entire season with an injury and training camp hasn't even started and reports are they're limping off with an athletic trainer, it makes you wonder if this is how it's going to be with this guy. He was suppose to be ready for camp last season but limited and ended up not participating at all and being put on IR. Makes you wonder if he has the heart and desire to be an NFL player when you keep hearing things like this.

le sigh.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not completely true.... They knew of his hip problems, once in camp, the injury flared and measures were taken ie surgery. He did return for last 5 weeks as stated above.

They knew about his hip problem well over a month before camp on June 3rd when he started having problems with it and had hip surgery on June 17th. He was activated on Dec 3rd and declared inactive for the final 5 games.

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dallas-Cowboys-rookie-OT-Chaz-Green-undergoes-hip-surgery-37806662

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaz_Green

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The initial post was pretty clear about only missing post-practice stretching

This was the initial post "Chaz Green didn't participate in post-practice stretching. Walked off limping with athletic trainer." You call that clear? LOL Everyone was speculating why he was limping until a cramp was mentioned on page 2.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Only people speculating were those looking for something.

This is why you read.

You claimed the initial post was pretty clear, what was clear about it? It appeared he had some sort of injury or did you already have it diagnosed as a cramp? I didn't need to wait around to find out what it was every discussion about him has to do with his health. It's never he looked good in OTA's it's always something health related.

Wood

Reaction score
hyperbole much. Its as if Cowboy fans are looking for problems at this point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
hyperbole much. Its as if Cowboy fans are looking for problems at this point.

Green reportedly fell in the draft due to durability concerns so that sent up a red flag with fans immediately. His rookie year was lost due to a hip injury last June in OTA's. Now here we are in June again and he reportedly limped off from another OTA practice with a cramp. You're going to look for things when a pattern starts forming with a player early in their career especially one who had durability concerns.

This is how things started going wrong with Jacob Rogers and James Martin. Many tried blowing off their early problems claiming it was nothing but they continued. If Green doesn't pan out it won't be near the blow it was with Rogers or Martin because we needed young players at that time to build a solid OL. Our OL is set so if Green doesn't pan out no big deal. I'm certainly not giving up on the guy but we need to start seeing threads and hearing reports about his "play" not his health issues.

School

Reaction score
Green reportedly fell in the draft due to durability concerns so that sent up a red flag with fans immediately. His rookie year was lost due to a hip injury last June in OTA's. Now here we are in June again and he reportedly limped off from another OTA practice with a cramp. You're going to look for things when a pattern starts forming with a player early in their career especially one who had durability concerns.

This is how things started going wrong with Jacob Rogers and James Martin. Many tried blowing off their early problems claiming it was nothing but they continued. If Green doesn't pan out it won't be near the blow it was with Rogers or Martin because we needed young players at that time to build a solid OL. Our OL is set so if Green doesn't pan out no big deal. I'm certainly not giving up on the guy but we need to start seeing threads and hearing reports about his "play" not his health issues.

If this were actually a real injury, then yes, people are going to be concerned.

But, it's a cramp.