About The NFC East

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
$5.65M is his cap hit for 2018. He signed a 3 year, $30MM contract, so technically his AAV is $10MM a year. But his guaranteed money was less than that.

But the Eagles are only responsible for $5.65 million. Fuzzy seemed to be implying that the Eagles are paying $10 million to be a back up.

mcmvp

Reaction score
$5.65M is his cap hit for 2018. He signed a 3 year, $30MM contract, so technically his AAV is $10MM a year. But his guaranteed money was less than that.

True, but his numbers going forward are all that really matter. 5.6 this year, 7 next, and 8 in 2020. No dead money after this season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but his numbers going forward are all that really matter. 5.6 this year, 7 next, and 8 in 2020. No dead money after this season

No, the Seahawks took the dead money hit and the Eagles are now in the driver's seat on that contract. They can choose to do whatever they want at this point.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles "stealing Goedert from Dallas" is a good story line for the media, especially after the announcement of Witten's probable retirement. Add in the division rivalry and the story practically writes itself. I think the Eagles were more concerned with jumping ahead of the Patriots. Of course it didn't hurt that the Patriots were drafting 1 spot behind Dallas. After the Eagles selected Goedert, the Patriots traded their pick to the Bears.

If I remember correctly, the Eagles ran more 2 TE sets in 2017 than the rest of the NFL. So we didn't draft Goedert to keep him away from Dallas. We drafted him because we think he'll be a good addition to the team.
It was the Daily Double, you had a need and kept your competition within the division from getting their player because I believe they would have taken him. Not the first time the Eagles have done this but it didn't work out so well the last time with Shawn Andrews. Parcells coveted him as he fit the old NYG OL template perfectly.

I liked what your team did because I dig that kind of stuff on draft day, take no prisoners and the fact it was done by the SB Champs made it even better. Any of your fans go up light poles with that pick?

That was the highlight of the playoff season. Those interviews with those guys greasing those light poles gave me many laughs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

He was guaranteed $14.5m of it. Half. So they guaranteed him $14.5m over a shorter deal to sit on the bench?

Sydla

Reaction score
He was guaranteed $14.5m of it. Half. So they guaranteed him $14.5m over a shorter deal to sit on the bench?

He won't sit the bench. Schwartz rotates DEs a lot. So even if he doesn't start, he'll play a ton.

And the Eagles aren't responsible for the $14.5MM entirely. Some of that fell on the Seahawks. They ended up taking a $5MM dead money hit when they traded him. In terms of cap numbers, Bennett's cap hit is $5.6MM this year, $7MM next year and $8MM the following year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He won't sit the bench. Schwartz rotates DEs a lot. So even if he doesn't start, he'll play a ton.

And the Eagles aren't responsible for the $14.5MM entirely. Some of that fell on the Seahawks. They ended up taking a $5MM dead money hit when they traded him. In terms of cap numbers, Bennett's cap hit is $5.6MM this year, $7MM next year and $8MM the following year.

Interesting.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
It was the Daily Double, you had a need and kept your competition within the division from getting their player because I believe they would have taken him. Not the first time the Eagles have done this but it didn't work out so well the last time with Shawn Andrews. Parcells coveted him as he fit the old NYG OL template perfectly.

I liked what your team did because I dig that kind of stuff on draft day, take no prisoners and the fact it was done by the SB Champs made it even better. Any of your fans go up light poles with that pick?

That was the highlight of, the playoff season. Those interviews with those guys greasing those light poles gave me many laughs.

Shawn Andrews was drafted to play RT as Runyan was getting up in age. Reid thought Andrews was just too good to keep on the bench, so he played him at RG while Runyan continued playing RT. Andrews was really good until the back issues and mental issues presented themselves. AR even brought his brother to the Eagles hoping that would encourage Shawn. It didn't work. But Shawn was really good for the time that he did play.

Greasing those light poles was like throwing out a challenge to some people. The Crisco didn't work after the NFCCG, so they used hydraulic fluid for the SB. Hey, at least they didn't use a highly flammable grease. We might've had a recreation of the Chicago fire.

Fwed

Reaction score
This seems to be the battle cry every year.......... if he's healthy he's going to be awesome.

He's rarely healthy. And if he is healthy, he's still not in the mold of Bryant, Jones, Green. I am not sure why it bothers Eagles fans to admit reality. Jeffrey is a very, very, very good WR but not on the upper echelon of WRs in this league.

it depends on what the threshold is for 'upper echelon' he isnt a top 5 guy, but he should be better this season.