Abstract idea: If we win the Super Bowl - we should trade Dak

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True - which is why a room like this has a high beta and is either the move that makes a dynasty or the move that turns us into a footnote.
We are close to a SB with a very young team. They may have built one. Why blow it up before we let it play out.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
We are close to a SB with a very young team. They may have built one. Why blow it up before we let it play out.
Maybe we have - I think we might have - but I do know without a doubt that I trust this team, I trust our scouts, and I can't justify turning a trade anything like the Herscha Walker one, which is what Daz Prescott can command.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe we have - I think we might have - but I do know without a doubt that I trust this team, I trust our scouts, and I can't justify turning a trade anything like the Herscha Walker one, which is what Daz Prescott can command.
1:No one is going to give up that capital for any player. Not even close. You cant even do that in Madden

2: What Prescott would get in a trade isnt going to be worth more then having a franchise QB for 12-15 years. At most you may get 2 firsts and a future day 2 pick. Dont measure value based on what desperate teams like Oakland was when they made the Palmer trade ( which was in actually a 1st and a 2nd, not 2 firsts).

3: Most if not all of the assets we would get in a trade we would turn around and trade up for a QB anyways

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
1:No one is going to give up that capital for any player. Not even close. You cant even do that in Madden

2: What Prescott would get in a trade isnt going to be worth more then having a franchise QB for 12-15 years. At most you may get 2 firsts and a future day 2 pick. Dont measure value based on what desperate teams like Oakland was when they made the Palmer trade ( which was in actually a 1st and a 2nd, not 2 firsts).

3: Most if not all of the assets we would get in a trade we would turn around and trade up for a QB anyways
Or we make one of the boldest moves in NFL history and double down on Romo, trade Prescott... and he would command at least more than RG3 did. At least.

We aren't sitting on one franchise QB; we are sitting on two. This is Joe Montana and Steve Young on a different scale.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or we make one of the boldest moves in NFL history and double down on Romo, trade Prescott... and he would command at least more than RG3 did. At least.

We aren't sitting on one franchise QB; we are sitting on two. This is Joe Montana and Steve Young on a different scale.
One has a year maybe two of he is lucky before retire. He also cant stay healthy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our scouts have built up enough goodwill to deserve way more confidence than the Rams scouting department in my book.
And the FO would destroy all that good will as well as our franchise by trading our franchise QB.

Go look at 2015. Thats what this team looks like without a QB

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
It is volatile.

It either pays off huge, or we look like idiots.

It is a risk I'm willing to take. I have faith in this team.

woman-headache-1024x679.jpg

man-headache.jpg

headcahe-pic.jpg

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Quite frankly, a franchise QB making less than $900k is worth more than all those picks you hope some GM offers. And one thing you are over looking is the future salary cap ramifications of the deal you mentioned. In your mind, your thinking, man if we hit on all of those picks or even most of them, we'll be set up for years to come, but the truth is, we'd be letting most of these guys walk after their rookie deals. Just to hard to resign everyone, especially if the plan is to keep Romo and his +$20 million dollar cap figure. And it would all be wasted as soon as Romo goes down. We'd be stupid to count on Romo staying healthy, when we have Dak Prescott, and as easy as it may seem, franchise QBs don't grow on trees. Most teams don't go from UDFA Tony Romo to 4th round pick Dak Prescott. Most teams go from Dan Marino (retired in 1999) to Ryan Tannehill?, John Elway (retired in 1998) to Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly to........, Joe Nammath to........, Bernie Kosar to........., Terry Bradshaw (retired in 1983 or so) to Ben Rothlisberger. I could go on all day.

Having Prescott at what ever his 4th round salary is, really enables us to do so many things with the salary cap. Romo's contract really makes it hard to add premium players, and while I'd say he deserves what he makes, it will be nice to not worry about that for a few years, at least until 2019 when we extend Prescott. Then add to the fact that since Prescott will be making less than $1 million going into 2019, we'll have an incredible amount of leverage, similar to Seattle with Wilson.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Still might explore who is looking in this window, but after today I am a card carrying Dak fanboy.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Throw in Zeke and we could probably get some owner to trade his whole franchise,,, then we'd have two teams and twice the likelihood of winning the SuperBowl every year! Of course we'd have to find another ginger genius head coach, and those are kinda rare.

Hahahahaha