According to ESPN playoff generator

CWR

Reaction score
Not going to happen. In fact, l will be shocked if the club beats the Giants.

Come on Haley, the Giants are completely dysfunctional. Theres no reason to be shocked if we beat them. We should win. Im not saying its a lock by any means though.

Threading the needle is a perfect way to put our playoff hopes. I get the negativity but considering how few meaningful games a year we actually get, many find hope as the only way to enjoy the season.

Its easy to count us out and realistically after Seattle and Atlanta winning I feel the same but damn it all if Im going to pack it in already. If theres a chance I will hold my breath.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Need ATL to lose vs NO and CAR
CAR beat GB next week
DET lose one

We win out with SEA losing once outside our game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I've accepted we're not making the playoffs, everything just has to suddenly break in our favor when NOTHING has broke in our favor this entire season. It would be a Christmas miracle. If it happens I'll be thrilled, but I just don't see it happening sorry.
We could be the best team not to make the playoffs.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Too little too late. But of course they'll win a bunch of games and the clapper will return!!! Yay!!!
Yeah don’t encourage your players after they have a mess up that’s a good idea get down on them and see how they respond.

Everson24

Reaction score
Need ATL to lose vs NO and CAR
CAR beat GB next week
DET lose one

We win out with SEA losing once outside our game.
We might be better off if Green Bay beats Carolina next week and then loses to the Vikings the following week. We need Carolina to need the win week 17 against Atlanta. We don't need them resting starters.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
We might be better off if Green Bay beats Carolina next week and then loses to the Vikings the following week. We need Carolina to need the win week 17 against Atlanta. We don't need them resting starters.

Man it's setting up perfectly for us to get to 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Well we have the tie breaker over Carolina and if we win out Seattle too. Have to hope GB actually beats Carolina next week but either way GB will be eliminated or we will be 1 game behind Carolina

Gameover

Reaction score
Things that need to happen
1. Cowboys have to win out
2. They need Atl to lose 2 of the last 3 games
3. Not only do they need to beat the Hawks, they need the Rams to beat them to be safe
4. Detroit isn't good enough to win 3 more games

I believe that is the only plausible route

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Well we have the tie breaker over Carolina and if we win out Seattle too. Have to hope GB actually beats Carolina next week but either way GB will be eliminated or we will be 1 game behind Carolina

Carolina is 9-4 so you'd have to hope they lose twice and we win out just to have the same record.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Things that need to happen
1. Cowboys have to win out
2. They need Atl to lose 2 of the last 3 games
3. Not only do they need to beat the Hawks, they need the Rams to beat them to be safe
4. Detroit isn't good enough to win 3 more games

I believe that is the only plausible route

Doesn't matter what the Rams do to Seattle if we win out we beat them and the best they can do is 10-6 and we'll be 10-6 and we'll have head to head. You're forgetting Green Bay they get Rodgers back Week 16 so we need them to lose this next game too they have head to head over us.

Gameover

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what the Rams do to Seattle if we win out we beat them and the best they can do is 10-6 and we'll be 10-6 and we'll have head to head. You're forgetting Green Bay they get Rodgers back Week 16 so we need them to lose this next game too they have head to head over us.
Forgot about them

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Seattle can lose one other game and lose to us, finish tied with us at 10-6, and still get the 6th seed over us even though we beat them. How is this possible?
If you got that from the playoff machine, then you should look at the tiebreaker explanation. It's all explained if you take the time to read the fine print.