Adam Humphries to Titans

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This draft has several good slot prospects
And there will be good ones in 3rd or 4th rnds

You are right. I'm just not sold on using a pick on a receiver this year when they lack a 1st and a 6th; traded for Amari Cooper last fall, and spent picks in 2018 on Michael Gallup and Cedrick Wilson (who I am anxious to see now that he's healthy).

conner01

Reaction score
You are right. I'm just not sold on using a pick on a receiver this year when they lack a 1st and a 6th; traded for Amari Cooper last fall, and spent picks in 2018 on Michael Gallup and Cedrick Wilson (who I am anxious to see now that he's healthy).
I’m excited to see Wilson but I see him as an outside guy but he is a good route runner
I think 3rd or 4th a guy like Isabella or penny is good value

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Agreed. I like Beasley but I think his time here has come to an end. A split is in both his and the Cowboys' best interests moving forward.

Yes and it seems the players we let walk haven't lit the world on fire over the last decade either. Most have been solid players at best, but never came close to matching the contracts they signed. Below are some notable names that come to mind that were heavily debated.

Jeremy Parnell- Decent starter, but not good enough to finish out his contract
Brandon Carr- Has been pretty good, but think we upgraded the position after he left.
Ron Leary- Lot of people upset letting him go, but he's missed 15 games the last two seasons
Barry Church- Had a good 1st year, but struggled in year 2 and got cut
Jason Hatcher- Played two more seasons
Laurent Robinson- Did nothing after leaving
Terrell Mcclain- Cut, not productive
Bruce Carter- Role player
Demarco Murray- Poor scheme fit, 1 more productive season
JJ Wilcox- Reserve Player
Morris Claiborne- Played well when healthy, looks to be turning around his career.
Martellus Bennett- Productive player, made 1 pro bowl.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I was the one leading the charge.

I am disappointed. 4 years, 9mn each was the precise number I pegged as a great deal for him. 25, top 3 PR / KR and top 2 slot WR. Looking at the contracts others are getting, this would’ve been a bargain.

I disagree on that being any sort of "bargain". This team can't afford to pay Cooper's and then that much for their #3 slot receiver.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have him more as our number 2 WR.

The reason for this is because Cooper is our undisputed Number 1 WR. Wilson has the skills from what I've seen on his YouTube highlights and stuff to be a good 2. If we can keep Austin, he'd be a great slot for us.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yes and it seems the players we let walk haven't lit the world on fire over the last decade either. Most have been solid players at best, but never came close to matching the contracts they signed. Below are some notable names that come to mind that were heavily debated.

Brandon Carr- Has been pretty good, but think we upgraded the position after he left.
Ron Leary- Lot of people upset letting him go, but he's missed 15 games the last two seasons
Morris Claiborne- Played well when healthy, looks to be turning around his career.

Great post.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The reason for this is because Cooper is our undisputed Number 1 WR. Wilson has the skills from what I've seen on his YouTube highlights and stuff to be a good 2. If we can keep Austin, he'd be a great slot for us.
Gallup is the clear #2

DFWJC

Reaction score

I wish more people would actually look at the data vs running around like its armaggedon if we don't sign everyone they like.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
People just don't seem to get it...year after year the prices go up a crazy amount and we all act surprised. This really shouldn't have come as a surprise to anyone. I do think he is clearly a more sought after target with more upside when compared with Beasley, but this is a sign that someone is probably going to pay Beasley 8-9m a year.
I believe you are right, and I think Beasley in somewhat underrated by some.

I don't believe that guys like him who can continually get open grow on trees.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I believe you are right, and I think Beasley in somewhat underrated by some.

I don't believe that guys like him who can continually get open grow on trees.
Under rate him no. He is good at what he does in a severely limited role. He is nothing more than a short, quick TE only good out to maybe 15 yards. He is not going to score TDs for you like other slot WR, he is nothing more than a possession receiver.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The Cap goes up every year. ALL players start to get paid more because of it. Humphries is just a guy. Curious to see how he looks without Jackson and Evans drawing all of the attention.