Adam Jones...This Time

Reaction score
Okay...let me start off by saying I DO NOT ABSOLVE ADAM OF HIS WRONG DOINGS...but,

Let's be honest...this kid (and yes he still is a kid) has NEVER been held accountable for his actions. He wasn't in high school (cause he played FB), he wasn't in college (I know Rodriguez from Tulane days), had a horrible home life, no father in his life, and he really hasn't been responsible as far as the law was concerned (never convicted) either. So, why did anyone expect him to be better?

His first does of reality came when he was suspended a year. First time ever being held accountable. The, he messed up again. How can you not have expected that? He is socially "********" because of his athletic ability and what he has experienced in the past!

Hopefully he gets it now (if this is his last chance). Blame the coaches and adults in his life for not showing him the way earlier and making him be a man! I did things as a coach for W's I am not proud of, and probably at the expense of some college kids...Sure he is ultimately responsible for HIS ACTIONS. But, there are others along the way...

Crucify me if you want, but I am right (and as mentioned guilty as well).

I wish him the best! :star:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
His actions directly or indirectly (either way) really screwed up another life.
Yeah forgive the first time. After that naww. Plenty of kids have rough lives,
they don't get to be pro athletes and the chance to really give life a go.

They just slave every day and do the best they can with out hurting any one along the way. I don't buy the poor kid had no chance, he wasn't brought up right, he knows right from wrong.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2456169 said:
Okay...let me start off by saying I DO NOT ABSOLVE ADAM OF HIS WRONG DOINGS...but,

Let's be honest...this kid (and yes he still is a kid) has NEVER been held accountable for his actions. He wasn't in high school (cause he played FB), he wasn't in college (I know Rodriguez from Tulane days), had a horrible home life, no father in his life, and he really hasn't been responsible as far as the law was concerned (never convicted) either. So, why did anyone expect him to be better?

His first does of reality came when he was suspended a year. First time ever being held accountable. The, he messed up again. How can you not have expected that? He is socially "********" because of his athletic ability and what he has experienced in the past!

Hopefully he gets it now (if this is his last chance). Blame the coaches and adults in his life for not showing him the way earlier and making him be a man! I did things as a coach for W's I am not proud of, and probably at the expense of some college kids...Sure he is ultimately responsible for HIS ACTIONS. But, there are others along the way...

Crucify me if you want, but I am right (and as mentioned guilty as well).

I wish him the best! :star:

Sounds like the twinkie defense to me. I am sorry unless he is a sociopath he knows what is right and what is wrong. The only thing not his fault that he was not held accountable but either way he should accord his conduct as if he were going to be held accountable. He may have been "enabled" through out his life he still made the choices free and clear.