Adam Schefter: "There's not a player in football with more leverage right now than Dak Prescott."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let's be serious here, Dak has all the leverage because of Jerry. Jerry was the one that agreed to that ludicrous no trade clause, Jerry always waits till the last minute to sign, and Jerry always gives in to player's contract demands anyways. If Dak was in any other organization he'd have been booted or traded already.
Teams don’t trade their QB who just finished 2nd in NFL MVP race :lmao:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Most likely 15 if they were not already stuck in a contract paying another QB. Realistically 5.

Dak getting paid is not the risk. Dak getting paid and moving to a contender is the only potential challenge or risk for Dak.

However, I am sure his Agent has a pretty good idea of what teams will be interested.

Pittsburgh stands out as a perfect landing spot for Dak who just extended Mike Tomlin.
He will have at least five suitors, and all he needs is two.

Here’s the reality….Dak Prescott is very likely to be the highest paid NFL player of all time about nine months from now.

It may be here, it may be elsewhere, but any discount in Dallas will be barely noticeable (not that they would spend it on players anyway).

I have no confidence whatsoever that there’s any sort of real plan. Yeah, yeah, three 12 win seasons (thanks NFC East!), but I don’t at all see the arrow pointed upward from here. They are likely about to have a very top heave roster, and their drafts aren’t good enough to compensate, despite what some want to claim.

Certain things are eventually going to catch up to the frauds, and us fans will be along for that ride as well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So he’s basically in the bottom tier or even dead last of playoff QBs. One wonders if he would be the worst if it wasn’t for beating and 8-9 TB team and sending Brady into retirement which garnered him an extra 500 gazilion points in his ranking.
Dak did not beat Brady. They don't play each other.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he’s basically in the bottom tier or even dead last of playoff QBs. One wonders if he would be the worst if it wasn’t for beating and 8-9 TB team and sending Brady into retirement which garnered him an extra 500 gazilion points in his ranking.
All this talk of Jerry keeping Dak is absurd.
Jerry at best is setting him up for a major fall at the position as he's paid for the right to do so!
Dak=Playoffs............... :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: :muttley: ...Even CD Mama's said they want a ring yada yada yada.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Not really. It all depends on what the rest of the job market looks like. If there is a line of other companies wanting to hire the employee then that employee holds the leverage.

The only leverage Jerry has is if Dak is completely married to the idea of playing for the Cowboys and isnt looking at 31 other teams as places he would actually go.
Wrong, Dak has NO leverage .

If the cowboys stiink
if he gets hurt
If Lance steps up
etc etc

Dak at this point needs to pray and pray and pray . That the Cowboys win , he stays healthy and he doesnt stink ..

LEverage that !

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

If the cowboys stiink
if he gets hurt
If Lance steps up
etc etc

Dak at this point needs to pray and pray and pray . That the Cowboys win , he stays healthy and he doesnt stink ..

LEverage that !
”If Lance steps up” he”ll have leverage. He’s a free agent in March, too.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

If the cowboys stiink
if he gets hurt
If Lance steps up
etc etc

LEverage that !
The Vikings stunk last season....Kirk Cousins got paid

Dak Prescott literally snapped his leg in half before his last contract....and signed for $40M per year

If Lance steps up....They're both free agents after this season so what's it matter? Unless Lance is going to follow him to his next team it has zero impact on Dak.

Almost any scenario aside from Dak's play completely falling off a cliff or some catastrophic career ending injury means he is going to get paid next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score

If the cowboys stiink
if he gets hurt
If Lance steps up
etc etc

LEverage that !
Hahaha

Dak wills still get paid if they miss the playoffs. If he gets hurt, and Trance is still a joke.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Teams make their plans for the upcoming season in February and March.

The Cowboys aren’t trading him, and no team is trading FOR him.

The way I see it there’s two options….they either make him the highest paid player of all time or he goes elsewhere to be the same. We will know in nine months. I do not at all see these two not doing whatever is needed to retain him. He keeps their head above water. Well, that and the division being a perpetual mess.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams don’t trade their QB who just finished 2nd in NFL MVP race :lmao:
rodgers?

I dunno but I see you protecting dak like he's a little school girl. You think he needs your umbrella .....I assure you...you are not THAT important.

We let Emmit walk. Ware?

We let good players walk..mkay? They don't you baby sitting them. Sorry to burst your sensitive bubble.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
rodgers?

I dunno but I see you protecting dak like he's a little school girl. You think he needs your umbrella .....I assure you...you are not THAT important.

We let Emmit walk. Ware?

We let good players walk..mkay? They don't you baby sitting them. Sorry to burst your sensitive bubble.
What the hell is your problem?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It's a hail Mary but if Lance figures it out that can certainly change Dak's position.
That would make Lance worth a lot more to the Cowboys and Dak worth less to the Cowboys. It would not make Dak worth less to teams interested in signing him. And then the Cowboys would have to sign Lance or let him walk too. I doubt his agent would ask for less than $50 million AAV if he beat out Dak for QB1. He’d probably wait for Dak to sign elsewhere and want more as his client is much younger and was once a first round draft pick. No worries. Jerry is in total control.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Prescott is in the driver seat either way. He'll either sign here, or be one of the premier QB's on the market. He is in a very very good position.