Adam Vinatieri

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1312163 said:
They might want to start force feeding him rice first though to put on a few pounds. :p:

Yeah maybe some more weight behind those kicks will help his KOs.:D Not that their bad though.

step

Reaction score
We need someone who can kick off well AND be counted on for FGs. Gram was fine, better than expected, but he's not that guy.

I heard BP admitted he didn't pursue AV because of his relationship with BB. Bellicheck apparently gets really mad when "friends" of his go after his players, ala Mangini going after Branch... BP decided against going after AV because he felt his (rebuilding) relationship with BB was more important.

step

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1312077 said:
Yeah, I know I'm full of a lot of anger, but I've been watching this crap for 11 years now, just frustrated, that's all. I'm still a fan otherwise I wouldnt display this passion, all be it negative passion, but passion.;)
I actually understand. I hactually have to deal with JETS fans giving me grief for not winning a playoff game in so long. Of course I have all the answers ready for them, but still, Dallas win a freaking gamne already and help me out!!!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1312062 said:
No one on this board has been able to answer that question all year long. You would think that the wealth of stat mongers we have on this board would have come up with a definitive answer to that by now.

I've never seen the question asked before.

Here's the answer --

2004 -- Chad Johnson (14). Donald Driver and Darrell Jackson tied for second with 11.

2005 -- LaMont Jordan (12). Among wide receivers, Plaxico Burress, Muhsin Muhammad and Donte Stallworth tied with 11.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
step;1314523 said:
We need someone who can kick off well AND be counted on for FGs. Gram was fine, better than expected, but he's not that guy.

I heard BP admitted he didn't pursue AV because of his relationship with BB. Bellicheck apparently gets really mad when "friends" of his go after his players, ala Mangini going after Branch... BP decided against going after AV because he felt his (rebuilding) relationship with BB was more important.

Reportedly, Parcells told Belichick he wouldn't go after Vinatieri unless another team did first. The Colts did, and gave him a take-it-or-leave-it offer that made him the highest-paid kicker in NFL history.

step

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1314533 said:
Reportedly, Parcells told Belichick he wouldn't go after Vinatieri unless another team did first. The Colts did, and gave him a take-it-or-leave-it offer that made him the highest-paid kicker in NFL history.
Right, which indicates BP made a calculated mistake.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Face it, if Vinatieri had signed with us, he would have been shanking 18 yard FGs and and we still would have been fumbling snaps in Seattle.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
This just in... we didn't lose any games due to missed FGs this year.

That is all.

joseephuss

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1314578 said:
how many times does this need to be discussed?

WE...HAD...NO...SHOT at Viniteira

Not true. Every team had a shot at Adam before he visited the Colts. He wasn't signed the minute he became a free agent. It took some time before he visited Indy and signed his deal.

Having a shot at getting Viniteri and having a good shot at signing him are different. Even if Dallas or some other team got him to visit them, they still may not have been able to sign him. He obviously had Indy as one of his top options because of the team and stadium. It is possible that some other team could have made him an offer he could not refuse if they would have been aggressive enough to get him to visit first. A long shot at best for most teams, but a shot none the less.

Dallas did have a shot at him, but would have had to be ultra-aggressive in pursuing him to get that shot. They chose not to be that aggressive. There are reasons for that with one of those reasons being Parcells not want to step on Belichek's toes. Parcells and his goons supposedly have that type of agreement. It is why little Bill was mad at Mangini. The Jets targeted some of the Pats free agents without getting approval. Parcells said the same thing about Sean Payton on one player. He didn't name the player, but he said Sean did one thing wrong.

Dallas didn't get him. Too bad because he is a great kicker, but you move on. Plus if you build a good enough team, you don't have to put that much trust in your kicker. That is the bigger concern.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1314531 said:
I've never seen the question asked before.

Here's the answer --

2004 -- Chad Johnson (14). Donald Driver and Darrell Jackson tied for second with 11.

2005 -- LaMont Jordan (12). Among wide receivers, Plaxico Burress, Muhsin Muhammad and Donte Stallworth tied with 11.

Link please.