AdamJT13 v. The Horde, Part 2

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
AdamJT13: *closes eyes, takes a deep breath, exhales*

The Horde: ive been watchin football for 50 years and i KNOW you cant win unless you run the ball good

AdamJT13: It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

The Horde: Wut?

AdamJT13: Mark Twain.

The Horde: Who?

AdamJT13: Never mind. The point is that the data refute your opinion. You simply do not understand what causes winning in the NFL.

The Horde: Shut your face i saw the 90s Cwoboys win SBs!!1! you dont understand the symbiotic relationship the passing game had with emmitt smith. you need balance!

AdamJT13: As I said before, there is no correlation between rushing effectiveness and passing effectiveness. *cites additional evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: hey guys this guy thinnks you shouldnt run hahaha hes stoopid

AdamJT13: I never said that. It does not matter whether you run the ball a lot or a little, so long as you pass the ball better than your opponent.

The Horde: but aikman didnt have gaudy stats?!

AdamJT13: The 90's Cowboys won because they passed the ball better than their opponents. *cites evidence in support of claim* It is about efficiency, not gaudy stats. Teams tend to pass the ball more at the end of games when they are behind, a predicament in which the 90's Cowboys did not find themselves as often as most other teams. They got ahead early in most games by passing the ball efficiently and defending the pass well.

The Horde: Defense? haha i got you now! you said passing was all that mattered!

AdamJT13: No, I did not. I said passing the ball better than one's opponent correlates strongly with winning. Part of that is how well one defends the pass. This is why the Denver Broncos were able to win the Super Bowl last year despite suspect play from the quarterback position. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: well all i know was that 2014 was awsome and having romo pass less because of murray's awsome running was good for the team

AdamJT13: Romo actually passed the ball more often in the first half of games in 2014 than he did in the years previously. *cites evidence in support of claim* However, he was so efficient at passing the ball in the first half of those game that the Cowboys were usually playing with a lead and chose to run more in the second half.

The Horde: Exactly! and murray's running kept the defense off the field. Zeke is going to keep our defense off the field next year by dominating the run!

AdamJT13: Actually, the pace of play, completion percentage, and converting third-and-short all correlate more strongly with time of possession than rushing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: well, thats just your opinion man.

AdamJT13: Again, that is a fact, not an opinion.

The Horde: WHY DO U HATE THE COWBOYS? YOU MUST BE AN EAGLES INTERLOPER. JEALOUS???

dallasdave

Reaction score

The Horde: ive been watchin football for 50 years and i KNOW you cant win unless you run the ball good

AdamJT13: It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

AdamJT13: Never mind. The point is that the data refute your opinion. You simply do not understand what causes winning in the NFL.

The Horde: Shut your face i saw the 90s Cwoboys win SBs!!1! you dont understand the symbiotic relationship the passing game had with emmitt smith. you need balance!

AdamJT13: As I said before, there is no correlation between rushing effectiveness and passing effectiveness. *cites additional evidence in support of claim*

AdamJT13: I never said that. It does not matter whether you run the ball a lot or a little, so long as you pass the ball better than your opponent.

AdamJT13: The 90's Cowboys won because they passed the ball better than their opponents. *cites evidence in support of claim* It is about efficiency, not gaudy stats. Teams tend to pass the ball more at the end of games when they are behind, a predicament in which the 90's Cowboys did not find themselves as often as most other teams. They got ahead early in most games by passing the ball efficiently and defending the pass well.

AdamJT13: No, I did not. I said passing the ball better than one's opponent correlates strongly with winning. Part of that is how well one defends the pass. This is why the Denver Broncos were able to win the Super Bowl last year despite suspect play from the quarterback position. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: well all i know was that 2014 was awsome and having romo pass less because of murray's awsome running was good for the team

AdamJT13: Romo actually passed the ball more often in the first half of games in 2014 than he did in the years previously. *cites evidence in support of claim* However, he was so efficient at passing the ball in the first half of those game that the Cowboys were usually playing with a lead and chose to run more in the second half.

The Horde: Exactly! and murray's running kept the defense off the field. Zeke is going to keep our defense off the field next year by dominating the run!

AdamJT13: Actually, the pace of play, completion percentage, and converting third-and-short all correlate more strongly with time of possession than rushing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: WHY DO U HATE THE COWBOYS? YOU MUST BE AN EAGLES INTERLOPER. JEALOUS???

:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Lol I'm loving these. We should do 1 a day.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Knowing what yields success and knowing how to go about making it happen are 2 different things.

Scoring more than your opponent has a stronger correlation to winning than passing better than your opponent does. Now you just gotta figure out how to do it.

The answer that answers everything and yet answers nothing at the same time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need a Part 2 to this??? The first part was moved to the Rant Zone this is just an attempt to get it back going in the Fan Zone.

erod

Reaction score
So what we have here is a fantasy football dork who's likely never kissed a girl (Adam) who's arguing with the thinking of the vast majority of NFL personnel people, as well as Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, Michael Irvin, Daryl Johnston, and the entire Cowboys offensive line.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Id rather see multiple threads repeating the same thing over and over about coaches and front office personnel instead of reading another one of these. Mods bench user for spamming. No one will be mad.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"I think that you're in love with him."
"You LOVE him!*

*Anyone get the references? ;)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So what we have here is a fantasy football dork who's likely never kissed a girl (Adam) who's arguing with the thinking of the vast majority of NFL personnel people, as well as Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, Michael Irvin, Daryl Johnston, and the entire Cowboys offensive line.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

How many World Series has Billy Beane won????

His main numbers guys Depodesta just quit MLB and joined the Browns- who drafted 5 WRs this draft

Big Bang Theory Football except JJones is no Sheldon

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good OP but zero need for it being repeated in the Fan Zone.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

zoolander-brainwashed-o.gif

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Murray ran almost every 1st and 2nd down, had nothing to do with 1st or 2nd half

Sandyf

Reaction score
I believe it all goes together. Defenses did fear what Emmitt could do, what Murray could do, etc. If Elliott can become the same type of back something McFadden was not then Romo will be a more effective passer in games. Part of that has to go with keeping Romo upright and we know Elliott is a good blocker so that helps. People forget it is a team game, not an offense side of the ball or defense side of the ball but a whole team. If the offense can return to as good as or better than 2014 then it will help the defense but what many forget is the defense is better than 2014 already. A healthy Lee, Jones at S, a vet in Lawrence, a much better Crawford that is more established at 3-tech, maybe a better more football minded McClain, definitely better backups at the LB spots, a Claiborne that at least started to play better in 2015, Thornton at the 1-tech and hopefully Collins and Tapper helping some. Even Irving and Mayowar are more athletic than what we have had over the last few years.

So I would argue not that the running game will be similar to 2014, actually I think it will be much better than 2014, I think the defense will be much better and especially when we have Gregory and Lawrence able to rotate with the likes of Irving and Mayowa. Now please don't ask me about the backup QB situation because it still scares the beegees out of me. As to WR, a healthy Bryant is a start but I will not be surprised to see a couple of the UDFAs like Jones or Brown or Eagen make the team and actually I believe any of three will be better than Street and frankly maybe Williams. Now Brice Butler has to stay healthy for me to consider him.

But hey, I know better than to argue with AdamJT!!!!

jnday

Reaction score
I am proud to be one of the horde. If Adam posted all the running/passing stats and how they effect the game, I would have more respect for his opinion, but to say passing is the only key to victory is wrong. You couldn't pass if the run game didn't keep the defense concerned about rushing the ball.?there are just too many factors involved in winning football games than any one stat can explain.