Admit It Deep Inside. You're Glad That The Romo-Witten-Dez Era is Over

SSoup

Reaction score
I’m not happy the era is over. They were really fine players years ago when the era was alive and well.

But the era has been over for years. Romo couldn’t stay healthy through a ginger preseason schedule anymore, much less the regular season. And Witten and Dez hit a wall and got worse thanks to age or injuries.

I’m not happy the era is over. I’m happy the team noticed and was willing to rip the band-aid off and move on, instead of clinging to it for too many years.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yes, and no. This is why:

Glad, no, because those players are Cowboys legends and I had a lot of fun watching them play.

Glad, yes, because now the next era can begin in earnest. If this is truly going to be Dak and Zeke's team, well, we're about to find out for sure.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’m not glad......it is what it is. At one point—those three were near the top.....they never had a line, a clear cut stud RB, or any semblance of a reliable defense when they were in their prime.

How many times did it seem like we’d won the game in the last 90 seconds only to lose it on the last play? Tony, Dez and Witt were all part of that.

I am happy that it seems we’re going to a ball control style while we build the defense. I think it’s easier for quarterbacks to succeed. I’m not taking anything away from Troy, but during his prime, how many quarterbacks could say they were on a better team? That list is very short.

But they did have a line and RB at various times. For a long stretch they had a defense too. They squandered those opportunities.

Everyone likes to pretend that the talent was what it was like from 2011 to 2013 when we had to blow up the OL and DL. Parcells changed the culture and it's been pretty good talent wise since 2003. The brass have shown the capacity to rebuild the talent base since.

We've rebuilt the lines now we are rebuilding the coverage and skill positions. Losing the declining Romo, Witten, and Dez is overblown.

Zman5

Reaction score
JG is running out of players to blame for his shortcomings. I think only player left that he didn't draft/pickedup now is Lee and Ladouceur. I watch my back if I was them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To suggest this current team has no talent is ri-damn-diculous. There is enough talent on this team to win the Super Bowl. The question becomes can the coaches get it done.
This is pure speculation based on unprovided data or factual evidence. If we have Championship caliber talent that’s merely lacking coaching this is the most under achieving roster in Cowboy if not NFL history.

The experts and analyst don’t see it nor the oddsmakers . Probably just some overly homeristic Cowboy fans ? That’s fine as long as it’s presented as such.

Curious if there’s any other Championship rosters out there you think is simply waiting on better coaching?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
JG is running out of players to blame for his shortcomings. I think only player left that he didn't draft/pickedup now is Lee and Ladouceur. I watch my back if I was them.
:rolleyes: get a new line Zman#5,,,as I'll wager I'd got a 'COPY' on this very same post YESTERDAY on a different threado_O

*:lmao: naw,bro! You can post what& where you want:thumbup:

**:confused: just saying, though.:facepalm:

:starspin::star::starspin:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is pure speculation based on unprovided data or factual evidence. If we have Championship caliber talent that’s merely lacking coaching this is the most under achieving roster in Cowboy if not NFL history.

The experts and analyst don’t see it nor the oddsmakers . Probably just some overly homeristic Cowboy fans ? That’s fine as long as it’s presented as such.

Curious if there’s any other Championship rosters out there you think is simply waiting on better coaching?

The Eagles were predicted by most to be a third or fourth place team in the NFC East last year. Some had the Giants in the Super Bowl. So much for the experts and oddsmakers.

So the point here is all NFL rosters are talented, and if the stars align properly, a title run is possible (except maybe in Cleveland). The Cowboys have football's best o-line, a superstar back, a solid QB no matter what the haters think, a defense that has an elite edge rusher in D-Law, more depth at LB, and a secondary that's young and exceeded expectations last year.

Why not the Cowboys?

Zman5

Reaction score
:rolleyes: get a new line Zman#5,,,as I'll wager I'd got a 'COPY' on this very same post YESTERDAY on a different threado_O

*:lmao: naw,bro! You can post what& where you want:thumbup:

**:confused: just saying, though.:facepalm:

:starspin::star::starspin:

Trust me. I wish JG was no longer on the team so that I don't have to talk about what kind of weasel he is. :banghead:

Verdict

Reaction score
Hear me out...I said the era not the players. I totally blame the lack of playoff success on the FO and bad coaching Not the players. But we didn't win a thing. Now with new players a new energy and focus., Garrett and the coaching staff should be on notice, win or get out. Plus I enjoy watching a young team mature and grow into winners. To many times Dallas has taken a punch and laid down. I'm excited to see what this team can do when adversity hits.

Romo. Yes. I'm sad it's over, but understand.
Dez. No. I'm super pumped it's over. Giddy.
Witten. Loved the player. Glad we moved on.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Eagles were predicted by most to be a third or fourth place team in the NFC East last year. Some had the Giants in the Super Bowl. So much for the experts and oddsmakers.

So the point here is all NFL rosters are talented, and if the stars align properly, a title run is possible (except maybe in Cleveland). The Cowboys have football's best o-line, a superstar back, a solid QB no matter what the haters think, a defense that has an elite edge rusher in D-Law, more depth at LB, and a secondary that's young and exceeded expectations last year.

Why not the Cowboys?

Watch out for Cleveland. They may be the Rams in one more year if Mayfield pans out.

Wood

Reaction score
Hear me out...I said the era not the players. I totally blame the lack of playoff success on the FO and bad coaching Not the players. But we didn't win a thing. Now with new players a new energy and focus., Garrett and the coaching staff should be on notice, win or get out. Plus I enjoy watching a young team mature and grow into winners. To many times Dallas has taken a punch and laid down. I'm excited to see what this team can do when adversity hits.

reminds of when McNabb left philly. He was accomplished player but ultimately won nothing and that city was ready to move on. I get same sense in dallas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
To suggest this current team has no talent is ri-damn-diculous. There is enough talent on this team to win the Super Bowl. The question becomes can the coaches get it done.

Romo, Dez, Witten...................Garrett won a single playoff game

Dak, Hurns, Swain....................what do you think is going to happen?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
I'm not glad it's over, because 2 of those 3 players deserved to end their careers with a Super Bowl victory. ( Dez is not one of those 2 ).
Now that it IS "Over", we all get to see how good or bad we had it with the new group of guys.

mrdale29

Reaction score
If they had've won something, I would rather them still be here but since they didnt...

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
When we STOP TALKING ABOUT Romo/Dez/Witten, THEN I'll be glad.

This fan base so desperately needs a dose of championship football, because what's gotten lost, sadly, is that discussing Lombardi trophies is so much better than discussing individual stats.

Trust me.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I admit it. Coaching staff on notice or not. Can't chase father time away. I've moved on from greater greats than Romo and Dez, Aikman and Irvin were much harder to move on from. Witten is the exception, he was the best TE ever on this team and one of the top 3 of all time, but it was time