Admit It Deep Inside. You're Glad That The Romo-Witten-Dez Era is Over

RoboQB

Reaction score
I have only read the first 2 pages of this thread. I normally read the entire thread before posting.
However, I didn't in this case because the pit off my stomach is turning.

I can't stop thinking about what might have been.

Hopefully, they don't waste the enormous talent currently assembled on this team
like they did with those 3 players, and others in that era.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Hear me out...I said the era not the players. I totally blame the lack of playoff success on the FO and bad coaching Not the players. But we didn't win a thing. Now with new players a new energy and focus., Garrett and the coaching staff should be on notice, win or get out. Plus I enjoy watching a young team mature and grow into winners. To many times Dallas has taken a punch and laid down. I'm excited to see what this team can do when adversity hits.
Out with the old,in with the new.

irving

Reaction score
If the FO couldnt get it done with Romo/Witten/ and Dez there gonna get it right with Dak/Swaim/Hurns......Good luck with that!!!!!:huh:
And "Pink Elephants" can fly baby......:muttley:....
Shouldn't Zeke be mentioned in the trio ? I know some people want to act as if the current players are far less talented than the previous players. NFL players are very close in talent level for the most part, lets not forget Dez has declined physically, so has Witten, the young players that replace them just might be better, and I for one hope so. It remains to be seen just how much of a difference there is between the current roster and the previous players they replace. One thing we know for sure is the players that came before never won a thing, and I'm not saying it's their fault , but the fact is they never won anything of note.

Reactions: CWR

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Are you serious? I’m nervous as hell.
With Romo/Witten/Dez it was not for lack of talent that Dallas didn’t win, it was terrible luck and terrible decisions by the FO that held us back.

The talent is gone now, but the FO and coaching remain. I’m hopeful about Dak et al, but the hope with the previous generation was that they would succeed despite the FO. They didn’t, and even though the FO seems to have gotten its **** together, I’m not convinced the kids are good enough to win just yet...

LOL. Guess you haven't looked at our roster lately.

TheDoctor

Reaction score
3af2fa1fbf3b68fe1b3fcd00fc0642ce.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hear me out...I said the era not the players. I totally blame the lack of playoff success on the FO and bad coaching Not the players. But we didn't win a thing. Now with new players a new energy and focus., Garrett and the coaching staff should be on notice, win or get out. Plus I enjoy watching a young team mature and grow into winners. To many times Dallas has taken a punch and laid down. I'm excited to see what this team can do when adversity hits.
Romo was the most fun I have had watching the Cowboys since the early 90's. I will always miss watching him play. He was amazing and could win any game he was in. We always had a chance with Romo.!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Eagles were predicted by most to be a third or fourth place team in the NFC East last year. Some had the Giants in the Super Bowl. So much for the experts and oddsmakers.

So the point here is all NFL rosters are talented, and if the stars align properly, a title run is possible (except maybe in Cleveland). The Cowboys have football's best o-line, a superstar back, a solid QB no matter what the haters think, a defense that has an elite edge rusher in D-Law, more depth at LB, and a secondary that's young and exceeded expectations last year.

Why not the Cowboys?
If the defense develops into a top 5 defense like the Eagles and Dak has a MVP candidate season like Wentz then yea I could see the Cowboys emerging. Is anyone predicting as much?

CWR

Reaction score

I love the players but you're telling the truth. More than once I've said blow the whole damn thing up.

kevm3

Reaction score
I hope this era doesn't see a layer of the players be in the 'in club' where they are so cool with the coach that it's hard to tell them anything.

erod

Reaction score
So being drastically worse at all three positions is as good thing?

Flamma

Reaction score
So being drastically worse at all three positions is as good thing?

All three? How about everywhere on offense. If our defense isn't top 10 this year it could get ugly.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its really the Garrett era to me. As long as Garrett is till here that era hasn't gone away.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t care Romo should have been given his last chance in 2016 when he was healthy. I’ll never know what could’ve been. But there’s no way we would’ve lost to GB with Romo. It’s no use in arguing can’t turn back time.

I’m not blaming Dak but I do blame Garrett for all of this. The thing that sickens me is you could’ve kept Romo and Dak no problem with no cap implications. Garrett is a sick man.

We lost to GB two years earlier in nearly EXACTLY the same way when Romo was younger. So that theory of yours about Romo winning is completely blown out the window. And neither loss was about Romo or Dak. It was about the head coach blowing it.