Adrian Clayborn's 6-Sack Performance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At the time I couldn't fathom what happened. Maybe it was arrogance that Chaz Green can play. But looking back...just another prime example of incompetent coaching. And some fans will tell you blaming Garrett is a cop out but that game was arguably the biggest stain on his career. He sat there time and time again watching Dak get killed by this guy. Completely buried Chaz Green and almost did the same to Dak. Chaz Green was a young player at the time and Dak was in his second year. Should've protected him more that game.

Last edited:

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is the day I lost all confidence in Jason Garrett. Complete incompetence and a complete inability to make in-game adjustments.

Garrett should have been fired before the plane landed in Dallas.

Instead....what do we do? We give him 2.5 more years!!!
:facepalm:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I remember on hangin with the boys podcast the next day. Nate Newton said something to the effect of.
“You can’t allow a young QB to take a beating like that. Because it’s going to affect him and mess him up and take him a while to get back to normal afterward”.

Nate was spot on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the day I lost all confidence in Jason Garrett. Complete incompetence and a complete inability to make in-game adjustments.

Garrett should have been fired before the plane landed in Dallas.

Instead....what do we do? We give him 2.5 more years!!!
:facepalm:

Same for me pretty much.
I hated Garrett so much after the last half of that season.
That was when I posted that the Browns were closer to a SB than we were after the season ended.
And I stuck by it since then. Until now, since Garrett is gone. I put us back in front of the Browns. :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I remember on hangin with the boys podcast the next day. Nate Newton said something to the effect of.
“You can’t allow a young QB to take a beating like that. Because it’s going to affect him and mess him up and take him a while to get back to normal afterward”.

Nate was spot on.
He was. They are lucky that didn't destroy Dak. That could've easily ruined his career.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We can say that. But with as bad as he was....how on earth did they not see that coming? You watch this guy everyday at practice and you didn't see this coming?

He had played reasonably well in several previous starts.

Don't ignore facts that don't fit you narrative.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had played reasonably well in several previous starts.

Don't ignore facts that don't fit you narrative.
Ignore what facts? What narrative do you think I'm trying to fit? I honestly don't remember Chaz Green ever being good. But we were fine with that because he was young and he missed his rookie season. By then it became evident he wasn't going to be good so what narrative are you talking about?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ignore what facts? What narrative do you think I'm trying to fit? I honestly don't remember Chaz Green ever being good. But we were fine with that because he was young and he missed his rookie season. By then it became evident he wasn't going to be good so what narrative are you talking about?

He had 3 previous starts that year where he filled in capably.

You not remembering that doesn't mean it isn't true. It just means you don't pay attention.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah he was not that Kid the eagles had that gave up six sacks on MNF when he was a rookie.

Performance was not an issue with Green going into that game. His issue had always been injury.