Adrian Clayborn's 6-Sack Performance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He had 3 previous starts that year where he filled in capably.

You not remembering that doesn't mean it isn't true. It just means you don't pay attention.
So was Chaz Green not the one who went from right tackle to guard to left tackle when Tyron Smith got hurt? You are judging his bar based on him not giving up 5 sacks. Chaz Green has never been good. They didn't even know what position he played. They jerked him around and felt so confident in him that they had him playing all these positions on the line. Did you pay attention?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. Green was never a good player, don't accuse anyone else of having a false narrative when you're trying to sell that garbage.
Exactly. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the Falcons game ruined him. I was being nice by saying that. He was never good. Like I said the only reason even some gave him any chance by 2017 was because he missed his rookie season and he had been hurt even up to that point so maybe there was some hope he'd get over the injuries. I need to see these games he played admirably well because I remember being nervous as hell for that Falcons game knowing Green was starting.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
So was Chaz Green not the one who went from right tackle to guard to left tackle when Tyron Smith got hurt? You are judging his bar based on him not giving up 5 sacks. Chaz Green has never been good. They didn't even know what position he played. They jerked him around and felt so confident in him that they had him playing all these positions on the line. Did you pay attention?

They didn't even know what position he played?

When he was drafted many scouting reports projected him as being able to play all 5 line positions.

You do know that backups need to be able to play several spots, right?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Pot meet kettle. Green was never a good player, don't accuse anyone else of having a false narrative when you're trying to sell that garbage.

And those games where he filled in capably ... through your interpretation it would suggest it must have been great coaching because you won't credit the player

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the Falcons game ruined him. I was being nice by saying that. He was never good. Like I said the only reason even some gave him any chance by 2017 was because he missed his rookie season and he had been hurt even up to that point so maybe there was some hope he'd get over the injuries. I need to see these games he played admirably well because I remember being nervous as hell for that Falcons game knowing Green was starting.

He was never "good". He had two acceptable starts against two terrible teams in Chicago and (at the time) San Francisco. But certified Cowboys excuse-makers took that and ran with it, convincing themselves that Green could play.

The NFL has spoken, haven't they? Yeah, they have, and the verdict has been reached. Chaz Green has and always will suck.

Heck, he cost Fran Pollack his job with the Cowboys. That was HIS guy. The one he scouted and worked out, the one he vouched for, and the one he continued to try to play out there again and again. Pollack went out on his shield over Chaz Green. But, like everything else, Garrett escaped unscathed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And those games where he filled in capably ... through your interpretation it would suggest it must have been great coaching because you won't credit the player

I'll credit the terrible competition.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He had played reasonably well in several previous starts.

Don't ignore facts that don't fit you narrative.
Giving up six sacks in three games still isn't good, no matter how you slice it.

The good ones can start every game, play every snap and give up less sacks on a season than this guy gave up in three games. Excuse me one game.
Yes he filled in admirably in two prior games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They didn't even know what position he played?

When he was drafted many scouting reports projected him as being able to play all 5 line positions.

You do know that backups need to be able to play several spots, right?
You do know that Chaz Green wasn't drafted to be a backup right? Nobody once said "uhhh...let's take Chaz Green in the 3rd round to be a backup at all positions"....you play several spots when you aren't very good. You are a swing tackle because you aren't good enough to be a starting tackle. We had a aging Doug Free at right tackle. Chaz Green was suppose to be our starting right tackle that was not always suppose to be La'El Collins. You want to talk about changing narratives you are clearly creating them in your own head and I have no idea why.

pancakeman

Reaction score
If this has been posted, I apologize, but my goodness

What in the Wide World of Sports was a'goin on in this game

That was really crazy. I remembered the six sack stat line, but that doesn’t even include the pressures that led to errant throws or meaningless scrambles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was never "good". He had two acceptable starts against two terrible teams in Chicago and (at the time) San Francisco. But certified Cowboys excuse-makers took that and ran with it, convincing themselves that Green could play.

The NFL has spoken, haven't they? Yeah, they have, and the verdict has been reached. Chaz Green has and always will suck.

Heck, he cost Fran Pollack his job with the Cowboys. That was HIS guy. The one he scouted and worked out, the one he vouched for, and the one he continued to try to play out there again and again. Pollack went out on his shield over Chaz Green. But, like everything else, Garrett escaped unscathed.
That's how I'd describe it. "Acceptable". Hardly good like Abe is trying to make it sound.......

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
There were plenty of Garrett flops on Sunday afternoons, but this is one of his worst coached games that I can remember.

The Falcons were not a great team and we should've had our way with them but Linehan and JG left Chaz on an island out there. Aikman was losing in his mind in the booth saying to give him some help because he was getting murdered out there and I wanna say they left him out there until the fourth quarter.