Adrian Peterson: 63 yds rushing, 75 total from scrimmage

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I've never worried about our run defense. It's been good for about 3 years running.

vaturkey

Reaction score
The numbers look pedestrian, but he certainly had a good game. The only glaring negative was that fumble.

Color me impressed by AD.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1722420 said:
Will that work for this craptastic D?

Zoners, imo if Minn would of had a little better qb then that running threat would of been greater :starspin

sago1

Reaction score
Agree that a better Vike QB would have made a difference in this game. Don't know if he's the answer or not for the Vikes but it's not fair to the rest of their team for the HC to continue playing him until he's ready. Vikes have a good defense and are a real running threat--although our defense contained them well after first drive--what was lack was the QB. Of course I'm very happy about that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's noone's fault but the Vikes that their QB sucks

I'm tired of Tavaris' suckiness being brought up everytime, like it's supposed to mean something

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
He is a good player. Just like Romo, you have to limit how much he is on the field.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Fortuneatly for us, the Vikings do not have a QB at all. They had how many passes the entire game?

9? 8? WOW !!

If the QB would have been just a smidge better some of those would have been catches.

Our secondary is really leaky, I gotta say. I sure hope Henry comes back soon. Man I would love to have him in NY next week. We need him BAD!

Glad to see Hatcher bringing it. I love that kid. Greg got a sack. That was nice to get even tho the game was over.

I think Terry Johnson will certainly help our pass rush. I can't wait to get him on the field.

gbrittain

Reaction score
A win is a win and I am happy about it.

However, if Vikings had a remotely competent QB this game probably ends up a little different.

I love this team, but this defense scares me. I hop Tank is the cavalry.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
gbrittain;1722600 said:
A win is a win and I am happy about it.

However, if Vikings had a remotely competent QB this game probably ends up a little different.

I love this team, but this defense scares me. I hop Tank is the cavalry.

It's not the entire defense thats scares me. Our front line is just fine. A little more pressure would be nice but that's just icing. We are good up front.

It's when we get Ellis or Roy and sometimes Reeves on a quick back or WR is when it gets really scarey.

I just don't get it. If I were RW. I would beg/borrow and steal for T.O to work w/ me on coverage.

It looks like RW is just SLOW in getting into position in Zone where he is struggleing. His guy is always there a split second before Roy is and it's turning more often than not into a catch. =(

I hate that.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1722420 said:
Will that work for this craptastic D?
That's about 5.25 YPC. How in the hell does he only get 12 carries?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Dallas;1722521 said:
Fortuneatly for us, the Vikings do not have a QB at all. They had how many passes the entire game?

9? 8? WOW !!

If the QB would have been just a smidge better some of those would have been catches.

Our secondary is really leaky, I gotta say. I sure hope Henry comes back soon. Man I would love to have him in NY next week. We need him BAD!

Glad to see Hatcher bringing it. I love that kid. Greg got a sack. That was nice to get even tho the game was over.

I think Terry Johnson will certainly help our pass rush. I can't wait to get him on the field.
Last week when Vikings beat Bears, T. Jackson only completed nine passes and yet Peterson ran 224 yards and team total of 320+ rushing yards, with that same horrible QB while putting up 34 points.

So why couldn't the Vikings do that against us?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1722705 said:
Last week when Vikings beat Bears, T. Jackson only completed nine passes and yet Peterson ran 224 yards and team total of 320+ rushing yards, with that same horrible QB while putting up 34 points.

How many touches did AD get last week compared to this week. I don't know.

I am betting he had more?

I can't believe Childress does not play him more than he does. Peterson is proving he can be a game changer. He just needs opportunities.

Start him and back him up w/ Chester. That's what I would do.

Peterson is a power and a finess back all in one. Wish he were here. :p:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1722705 said:

I am not saying we aren't a good run D. We obviously are. I just feel that AD needs more opportunities. He is an excellent runner. I would even go so far as to say a game changing runner.

Why 12 touches?

Childress is a freaking idiot. If T. Jackson is so bad. Why not just force feed AD?

What have you got to lose?

Freyguy

Reaction score
I have to admit that i was scared when he was split out and RW moved over to cover him.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong in the fact that he did not rush for 125 against us. I'm very glad I was wrong..

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Freyguy;1722775 said:
I have to admit that i was scared when he was split out and RW moved over to cover him.

SHUT UP !! ROY WILLIAMS IS UBER !

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Dallas;1722714 said:
How many touches did AD get last week compared to this week. I don't know.

I am betting he had more?
He only had eight more carries in Bears game, but he averaged amazing 11+ yards per carry. Taylor carried 22 times against the Bears, as a team, they averaged 7+ yards per carry against the Bears. The Vikings was nowhere close to those great stats against the Cowboys.