Adrian Peterson: 63 yds rushing, 75 total from scrimmage

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dallas;1722739 said:
I am not saying we aren't a good run D. We obviously are. I just feel that AD needs more opportunities. He is an excellent runner. I would even go so far as to say a game changing runner.

Why 12 touches?

Childress is a freaking idiot. If T. Jackson is so bad. Why not just force feed AD?

What have you got to lose?

It's all flow of the game. The majority of the damage they did in the running game came on the first drive. Then we shut them down for a while where they basically got nothing. A bit later they rattled off a couple of 10+ yard runs and then that's it. They really had nothing going. Their rushing attack was inconsistent and couldn't sustain drives.

If you add all that up, you don't get nearly the touches you want because you can't sustain anything.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1722705 said:
Last week when Vikings beat Bears, T. Jackson only completed nine passes and yet Peterson ran 224 yards and team total of 320+ rushing yards, with that same horrible QB while putting up 34 points.

So why couldn't the Vikings do that against us?

Because the Bears defense is banged up beyond recognition.

Freyguy

Reaction score
This was actually the first game i have seen him live and i was a little worried every time he touched the ball. I saw his speed and strength for the first time and i was very impressed. It's just a good thing that we were able to keep him contained.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
We just shut down one of the best RB's in the NFL and you guys are complaining..........amazing

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Our D did a good job on Peterson for the most part. There's only two things I dislike about our D. One is our 3rd and long defense. The result is the same as going into a prevent defense. We give up too many.

The other is that the D seems to relax after our O scores. I've seen this repeatedly where we score and then the D lays down while the other team marches right down the field. It happened twice today. Once for a TD and the other for a good drive before they finally rose up and stopped them.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I hate the defense. I don't. But I would like to see improvement in those two areas.

gbrittain

Reaction score
LowTech;1722833 said:
We just shut down one of the best RB's in the NFL and you guys are complaining..........amazing

I understand the sentiment behind celebrating a win, but this was not a thing of beauty.

I still see a team that until proven otherwise is going to give up a lot of points and passing yards when they play a team with a competent QB.

Dallas has played two teams with competent QBs and Dallas D has fared horribly.

I see those same flaws manifesting themselves every game, but fortunately for Dallas, Dallas has played many teams with a less than stellar QB situation and has been able to get away with sub par defensive efforts.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LowTech;1722833 said:

he had a number of good runs on us...he did avg 5.3 yds per carry, and Taylor averaged almost 5.0

we did keep him from breaking long ones though, and that was good

David

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1722465 said:
Zoners, imo if Minn would of had a little better qb then that running threat would of been greater :starspin

But they don't, and it wasn't.

Skin

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1722805 said:
Because the Bears defense is banged up beyond recognition.

I wonder how they were able to stop the Eagles?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
When u only run 3 plays in the second quarter, it's hard to get carries....Dallas control the clock after the 1st quarter

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm still really, really disappointed with our pass rush. Except for a few times Ware got the better of McKinney, Jackson had time to check his stock quotes, file his taxes, call his mother and plan his summer vacation in the pocket. It's a good thing he's so horrible and the Vikes have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
LowTech;1722833 said:

Let's not get carried away. As great as Peterson is, the Vikings offense is still in the bottom 10 of the NFL.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
gbrittain;1722854 said:
I understand the sentiment behind celebrating a win, but this was not a thing of beauty.

I still see a team that until proven otherwise is going to give up a lot of points and passing yards when they play a team with a competent QB.

Dallas has played two teams with competent QBs and Dallas D has fared horribly.

I see those same flaws manifesting themselves every game, but fortunately for Dallas, Dallas has played many teams with a less than stellar QB situation and has been able to get away with sub par defensive efforts.

Unfortunately you are correct. Manning and Brady ate us up. They are the only two QBs I'd consider currently in the better to even better or best category. The Rams QB is beat up too bad to be in that category this year.

Not to take anything away from the D or Wade but we are not a championship defense. We will get better as time goes by and Ellis continues to improve, Spencer gets more experience, Henry gets back and Reeves/Jones improve as well.

The next Giants game will likely be for the East title IMO. Not to count the Skins or even Eagles out of it. The Giants currently have a better D and they aren't far behind offensively. We will have another landmark game.

gbrittain

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1723044 said:
I'm still really, really disappointed with our pass rush. Except for a few times Ware got the better of McKinney, Jackson had time to check his stock quotes, file his taxes, call his mother and plan his summer vacation in the pocket. It's a good thing he's so horrible and the Vikes have the worst WR corps in the NFL.

I agree.

That is exactly the reason why the better QBs in the league will eat us up until we correct this problem.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Skin;1722916 said:
I wonder how they were able to stop the Eagles?

McNabb isn't even close to the McNabb of early last year. And Philly has no receivers.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
After 6 games the Vikings were 2nd in the NFL in Rushing yds per game at 163.7. You don't get that from one good game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ROFLMAO. Did Roy Williams even allow a completion today?

What we need is a bunch more posts bagging on his coverage....

And linebackers allow pass completions.
When we get Henry back then this defense will be very good.

It isn't dominant but it is good. Same as the offense.

Outside the NE game the defense has allowed what 2 touchdowns in 13 quarters of football????