FEATURED AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game Reschedule Speculation (no conspiracies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
NFL should have just not play the game and leave it as is. No team actually gets in or misses the playoffs. Just seeding advantages change. Tell everyone to live with it, crap happens. That's the easiest way to handle it.

Now while trying to fix this, they are interfering with other areas, like the NFC.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this, folks, is the kind of fallout and problems that can happen when you make a decision based on emotions and social pressures instead of logic and good rationale.

They should have restarted the game or played it the next day or 2 (at the worst).

Instead, we allowed emotions to compound and worsen the situation.
Well, this is the worst take I hope I read today.

They should not have done either, and somehow everyone but you realizes that.

That said, overhauling the entire playoff structure does seem really out of proportion to having just one canceled game. The neutral-site AFCCG (if it's Bills-Chiefs) seems very appropriate, a proportional response to bring a little more fairness to an unfortunate situation. Anything beyond that isn't worth it.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Well, this is the worst take I hope I read today.

They should not have done either, and somehow everyone but you realizes that.

That said, overhauling the entire playoff structure does seem really out of proportion to having just one canceled game. The neutral-site AFCCG (if it's Bills-Chiefs) seems very appropriate, a proportional response to bring a little more fairness to an unfortunate situation. Anything beyond that isn't worth it.
Actually he's right, life goes on, the NFL should have let players take off if needed but let the teams know that the next day, the game will be play.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The wacky thing about adding an 8th playoff team is that it would put Washington back in contention which would be kinda cool for our game.
I don't like it as a Cowboys fan.
I would prefer to play a deadskins team that has nothing to play for.
Makes it easier for us to win without pushing ourselves too hard.

Flamma

Reaction score

That's the crap I was talking about in my last post. This so called fix is affecting the NFC. Same for the Eagles. Why should they not get a bye if they're the #1 seed? I'm glad that they won't, but you get my point.

Flamma

Reaction score
What a terrible idea.

Doing nothing was the best idea. Don't make up the game, leave everything as is. The negative affected parties are the one's that were playing, and no one else. Other than the Ravens. But this new fix doesn't solve that anyway.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That's the crap I was talking about in my last post. This so called fix is affecting the NFC. Same for the Eagles. Why should they not get a bye if they're the #1 seed? I'm glad that they won't, but you get my point.
Agreed, they are messing up the whole NFL over this!
It's nuts !
Just play the game at a later date.
There has got to be a simpler fix than this.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doing nothing was the best idea. Don't make up the game, leave everything as is. The negative affected parties are the one's that were playing, and no one else. Other than the Ravens. But this new fix doesn't solve that anyway.
They haven't made a new fix. We're hearing about ideas that are being kicked around. I'd be very surprised if they actually end up expanding the playoffs. Of course, I've been surprised by the NFL doing knuckleheaded things before.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

If we can't beat that crap team then it lowers expectations for the playoffs and then everyone is spewing less 'spiracy theories when we lose in the playoffs. Better for ME that way. Lol.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If we can't beat that crap team then it lowers expectations for the playoffs and then everyone is spewing less 'spiracy theories when we lose in the playoffs. Better for ME that way. Lol.
I respect how you feel.
I just want us to have the best chance to rest guys before the playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
They haven't made a new fix. We're hearing about ideas that are being kicked around. I'd be very surprised if they actually end up expanding the playoffs. Of course, I've been surprised by the NFL doing knuckleheaded things before.

I realize that. But I wouldn't be totally surprised if they tried some of this stuff. Short of continuing the game, nothing should be done. Nothing needs to be done. Just omit the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.