FEATURED AFC Bills-vs-Bengals Game Reschedule Speculation (no conspiracies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know that the league has a rule for forfeits that the team who does forfeit officially loses the game 2-0. If this game is declared a no contest would that result in a 2-2 tie? I have no idea as I have never looked into the rules concerning declared tie games.

I assume they just wouldn't count the game as anything. No game at all and the Bills and Bengals play 16 instead of 17 games.

Red Fox Ace

Reaction score
I know that the league has a rule for forfeits that the team who does forfeit officially loses the game 2-0. If this game is declared a no contest would that result in a 2-2 tie? I have no idea as I have never looked into the rules concerning declared tie games.

As I understand it, forfeit means one of the teams refuses to show up or didn't show up. Since that's not the case here (both teams showed up to play, but there was an unforeseen event) I don't see the game being awarded as a forfeit victory for Cincinnati; it wouldn't be fair to Buffalo.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
This is a tough decision for the NFL.

Deciding the game based on a coin flip may be the best solution.

I know that is obviously less than ideal, but all the other options also have problems.

No easy answer for this one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Surely they aren’t just going to give the Chiefs the #1 seed? Why would the Bills give that up? And the Bengals still had a say in it as well.

Unbelievable they haven’t determined when to finish this game .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a tough decision for the NFL.

Deciding the game based on a coin flip may be the best solution.

I know that is obviously less than ideal, but all the other options also have problems.

No easy answer for this one.
The easiest solution was playing the game as soon as possible .

Since this week is out then it totally skews the seeding in AFC unless they plan on cancelling the game and basically giving the Chiefs #1 seed and homefield which Buffalo still had . Unbelievable if they do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans of the Bills are in bedlam over at their forum trying to figure out how to move/change/rule on things so the Bills retain the #1 seed in the AFC...

A couple even suggesting BOTH teams get a "W". That ain't gonna happen.
It will be interesting how the league rules if they don’t finish the game .

So much is at stake with home field in the playoffs and #1 seed.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The easiest solution was playing the game as soon as possible .

Since this week is out then it totally skews the seeding in AFC unless they plan on cancelling the game and basically giving the Chiefs #1 seed and homefield which Buffalo still had . Unbelievable if they do.
Exactly. This wasn't hard.

But emotions and social media are the rule of the day, unfortunately.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If the Chiefs lose and finish 13-4, that is a 0.765 winning percentage. And if the Bills win this Sunday and finish 13-3, that is a .813 winning percentage(Consider the Bengals game a no contest). Would that give the Bills the #1 seed?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

They might as well just postpone playoffs a week. And don’t have a week off in between Super Bowl. And have the Flag Pro Bowl after the SB.

That would be the fairest thing of all since they’ve already made a poor decision not finishing the game this week.

While there is a tentative playoff schedule in place . No teams know when or where they’ll actually be playing at this point .

This proposed scenario allows for an extra week for some AFC teams and then the week off allowing for NFC teams is too awkward IMO.

Just postpone the entire playoffs a week and be done with it . Skip the week between the Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep

I can’t imagine the league gift wrapping the #1 seed to the Chiefs.
Surely they aren’t just going to give the Chiefs the #1 seed? Why would the Bills give that up? And the Bengals still had a say in it as well.

Unbelievable they haven’t determined when to finish this game .

Hold on a second. The Chiefs have nothing to do with this. If they can't reschedule the game, the only teams that should take the hit are the bills and Bengals. Because this is a Bills and Bengals issue. But this will have a ripple effect on other teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hold on a second. The Chiefs have nothing to do with this. If they can't reschedule the game, the only teams that should take the hit are the bills and Bengals. Because this is a Bills and Bengals issue. But this will have a ripple effect on other teams.
That’s what I’m referring to. The ripple effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.