AFC Divisional playoff: Bengals vs Bills thread ** No Dak posts! **

MarcusRock

Reaction score
he never made a football move and went out of bounds, so I'm ok with the 'maintain control' standard being applied there
He got a 3rd foot down so no football move was necessary. That was the rule change. What happened was the ball spun while in his gut so he had to re-establish possession and by then went out of bounds and then the ball came all the way out.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I guess they're saying that the little spin the ball did was movement beyond what's allowed in the rules. But it was in his possession as it happened. Didn't help that he lost the ball later.
It didn’t happen until his elbow hit the ground. Watch it again. One of his feet slides and touches out of bounds way before his elbow hit and the ball moved. He had clear control all the way through until his elbow hit. That should be a catch all day.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
In rushing td you break the plane and the ball can be fumbled afterwards but it’s a TD. In pass play for a moment in time he had full possession and both feet in bounds but it’s no catch ?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
In rushing td you break the plane and the ball can be fumbled afterwards but it’s a TD. In pass play for a moment in time he had full possession and both feet in bounds but it’s no catch ?
I thought it was a questionable call also.