After all these years I am now rooting for the Colts

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ive always hated the Colts and everytime in the past since the Patriots got good i've been cheering on the Patriots.

Not anymore.

Do I still believe Brady is better than Manning? Yes.

But what I didnt realise is the Patriots are everything that is wrong with football.

Everyone in the league knows it. Players have been preaching it for years saying how classless those guys are. I just didnt want to believe it until now.

I dont like Payton Manning. But I hope he has the best game of his life this Sunday.

Dungy and his crew deserve everything good that comes their way.

I hate New England and I will be cheering my butt off for Indy this week.

I cant believe it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I only cheer for the Cowboys or for those who can help the Cowboys out in the race. As for Pats vs colts I hope it is is a good game but I think the Pats will win.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I like Manning, Harrison, Freeney, and Dungy and I hope Colts beat patsies, if possible by a good margin, I'll certainly will be rooting for Colts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I wonder if the Pats are on their way to being the most hated team in the NFL?

Naw, they'll never catch us there either. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;1735079 said:
I wonder if the Pats are on their way to being the most hated team in the NFL?

Naw, they'll never catch us there either. :D

You notice how the hate comes along with winning? :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735083 said:
Naturally. As I have said previously, no one hates a doormat. Too comfortable on the feet. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735083 said:
I don't think it's just that.

I wouldn't give a rat's arse if the Colts go undefeated. Good for them. But I REALLY do not want the Patriots to do it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah, Brady is everything that is wrong with football. The guy who won't even agree to do TV commercials unless his offensive linemen are involved (Peyton would sell tampons if you wrote him a check). Teddi Bruschi, the guy who comes back to play from a mild stroke, is everything that's wrong with football. Todd Light, Logan Mankins and the rest of that blue collar offensive line that never draws attention to themselves ... they're everything that's wrong with football. Wes Welker, the guy who goes undrafted as a too small/too slow WR who worked his way onto an NFL squad as a rookie by playing WR, returning punts, returning kickoffs and even substitute placekicking, is everything that's wrong with football

God, you guys are frothing at the mouth and obsessed over this crap ... and for what? Because the Patriots beat the Commanders by 45 points instead of 38. Please, you're looking for a reason to hate the Patriots because they're so much better than everybody. You just cling to whatever you can grasp a hold of and act like its the Atrocity of the Century. Just like the Cowboy haters did in the early 90's when they called us the "Dallas Cokeboys". They didn't really give a flip that Michael Irvin was holed up in a hotel room with coke and hookers, they just hated the fact that he caught first downs on their favorite teams at will and then rubbed their faces in it with a celebration dance.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid because of Johnny Unitas but they were never my favorite team, that has always been the Cowboys. They have had a string of QBs I liked from Unitas to Bert Jones to Peyton Manning.

I was glad they won it last year and hope they win next week but if we play them in the SB I hope we beat them down and blow them out.
:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile;1735085 said:
Naturally. As I have said previously, no one hates a doormat. Too comfortable on the feet. :D

I remember a while back when Jimmy Johnson was coaching the Hurricans and was asked about being the most hated and he said he loved it because no one hates losers (expect for the losers fans). Right now the media loves the Pats but like everyone else the media will be there when they fall to take their shots at the Pats. They put you on the pedistal one day and knock you off the next. :laugh2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Living in Indy from 01-06 I came to like the Colts, they are a classy organization and they are fun to watch. Especially when the other games in that region were the Packers, Bears and Vikings. Talk about a snooze fest.

I hope the Colts can get it done but I dont think thier secondary is good enough to stop the Pats.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1735090 said:
I don't think it's just that.

I wouldn't give a rat's arse if the Colts go undefeated. Good for them. But I REALLY do not want the Patriots to do it.

I saw it with the Packers in the 60's the steeler in the 70's the 9ers in the 80's and Cowboys in the 90's when you are winning you get the attention everyone else wants and other fans hate you for it and they hate that their team is not as good. Hell to this day people hate Dallas because of Americas Team lable yet every time we turn around some one is calling themselfs the new America's Team. Why? If the Colts were playing like the Pats have for most of the 2000's I doubt many would be pulling for them this weekend.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735091 said:
Yeah, Brady is everything that is wrong with football. The guy who won't even agree to do TV commercials unless his offensive linemen are involved. Teddi Bruschi, the guy who comes back to play from a mild stroke, is everything that's wrong with football. Todd Light, Logan Mankins and the rest of that blue collar offensive line that never draws attention to themselves ... they're everything that's wrong with football. Wes Welker, the guy who goes undrafted as a too small/too slow WR who gets as much out of his God given ability as anyone in the NFL, is everything that's wrong with football (If Wes Welker is everything that's wrong with football, what is TO?)

God, you guys are frothing at the mouth and obsessed over this crap ... and for what? Because the Patriots beat the Commanders by 45 points instead of 38. Please, you're looking for a reason to hate the Patriots because they're so much better than everybody. You just cling to whatever you can grasp a hold of and act like its the Atrocity of the Century. Just like the Cowboy haters did in the early 90's when they called us the "Dallas Cokeboys". They didn't really give a flip that Michael Irvin was holed up in a hotel room with coke and hookers, they just hated the fact that he caught first downs on their favorite teams at will and then rubbed their faces in it with a celebration dance.
Ditto ! The Patriots are the class of the league , and I fully expect them to go undefeated , win the Super Bowl , and go into history as maybe the best team that ever played . I don't like the whole Spy Gate thing at all , but I think it has very little to do with them winning . I expect them to beat the Colts by 2 TDs this week . The Patriots and the Colts are everything you want your team to be , I don't understand the hatred .

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Hostile;1735085 said:

No one hates the Cardinals or Lions or Saints or Falcons because they suck and have sucked for longer than most people have been alive. The sorry Lions last won a title in 1957 (the year before Papa THUMPER was born). The Cards last won in 1947. Only the Falcons have made the SB out of that group and got squashed by the Broncos in Elway's farewell.

Nobody hates those teams because no one cares about them. Unless they are a division rival no one gives a damn about them.

Teams that have a long winning tradition like the Cowboys, Packers, Raiders, Steelers, etc. have a lot of people hating them.

Now a lot of people are hating the Patriots (I'm one of them) because they are stomping mudholes in their favorite teams and being arrogant about doing it.

kevwun

Reaction score
I think the pats might be on their way to being more hated than the cowboys. Unlike the cowboys, they are doing things besides winning that are attracting it. Really, they're encouraging it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kevwun;1735108 said:
I think the pats might be on their way to being more hated than the cowboys. Unlike the cowboys, they are doing things besides winning that are attracting it. Really, they're encouraging it.

Well who wants their team to be the lovable losers?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I think they are out to prove a point that the Spy Gate thing was blown way out of proportion and they are good enough to win "legit".

That Pats are drawing hatred because they win.

Most of their players generally have been pretty decent guys I guess. I guess people say they play dirty, etc. I dunno. Their real ****in good this year. I don't like em. But they are damn good.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735091 said:
Yeah, Brady is everything that is wrong with football. The guy who won't even agree to do TV commercials unless his offensive linemen are involved (Peyton would sell tampons if you wrote him a check). Teddi Bruschi, the guy who comes back to play from a mild stroke, is everything that's wrong with football. Todd Light, Logan Mankins and the rest of that blue collar offensive line that never draws attention to themselves ... they're everything that's wrong with football. Wes Welker, the guy who goes undrafted as a too small/too slow WR who worked his way onto an NFL squad as a rookie by playing WR, returning punts, returning kickoffs and even substitute placekicking, is everything that's wrong with football

I actually agree with you.

I think the Pats are the greatest team in NFL history.
(until the Cowboys shock them in the SB)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735103 said:
I saw it with the Packers in the 60's the steeler in the 70's the 9ers in the 80's and Cowboys in the 90's when you are winning you get the attention everyone else wants and other fans hate you for it and they hate that their team is not as good. Hell to this day people hate Dallas because of Americas Team lable yet every time we turn around some one is calling themselfs the new America's Team. Why? If the Colts were playing like the Pats have for most of the 2000's I doubt many would be pulling for them this weekend.
The Colts are the reigning champions. You think what the Patriots did in 2001 outweighs that?

Again, it's not just about the winning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1735115 said:
I think they are out to prove a point that the Spy Gate thing was blown way out of proportion and they are good enough to win "legit".

That Pats are drawing hatred because they win.

Most of their players generally have been pretty decent guys I guess. I guess people say they play dirty, etc. I dunno. Their real ****in good this year. I don't like em. But they are damn good.

I have been saying that for a while and wish the spy gate talk would just go away. It seems to help feed the fire for the Pats. As you said they are damn good and no one can take that from them and the rest just sounds like sour grapes