After all these years I am now rooting for the Colts

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theogt;1735119 said:
The Colts are the reigning champions. You think what the Patriots did in 2001 outweighs that?

Again, it's not just about the winning.
People generally cheer when a long time contender "gets over the hump". A lot of people liked the Red Sox in 2004, but they're pretty much universally hated now that they've won 2. The 49ers one one title in the 90's, but we were hated ones because we won three.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1735119 said:
The Colts are the reigning champions. You think what the Patriots did in 2001 outweighs that?

Again, it's not just about the winning.

Colts were the team who kept coming close and losing it, hell I was pulling for the Colts and especially Manning who was called a choker who could not win the big game dating back to college and I think a lot of football fans wanted to see Manning rid that lable. The Pats have been the team winning in the 2000's with 3 rings to show for it and look to be on their way to another. I just hope it is the hated Cowboys who take it away.

khiladi

Reaction score
What are you people talking about?

Dallas is still the dominant draw in the NFL, even with the Patriots winning like they are... The fact that Dallas is the hated, doesn't take away from the fact that they are the most loved... look at every single big draw TV ratins in the NFL, and which team lines up at the top...

And how many times does this need repeating, the Patriots this year are NOT the Patriots when they were using Spygate... they got Moss, have Wes Walker, added Donte Stallworth, and picked up Adalius Thomas... plus, they are playing in a division where everybody has hit rock-bottom... so everybody can chant the Patriots hype, but that does not change the fact that they are cheaters, and no matter what they accompish this year, is irrelevant to their cheating of the past...

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735091 said:
Todd Light, Logan Mankins and the rest of that blue collar offensive line that never draws attention to themselves ...

They are dirty, and go for the knees of players... It is better that they don't draw attention to themselves, considering what they get away with...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;1735134 said:
Whatare you people talking about?

Dallas is still the dominant draw in the NFL, even with the Patriots winning like they are... The fact that Dallas is the hated, doesn't take away from the fact that they are the most loved...

And how many times does this need repeating, the Patriots this year are NOT the Patriots when they were using Spygate... they got Moss, have Wes Walker, added Dionte Stallworth, and picked up Adalius Thomas... plus, they are playing in a division where everybody has hit rock-bottom...

Who said that Dallas was not the dominate draw? Yes we are after years of promotion by Tex and now Jerry as well as being one of the most successful franchise in NFL history with 8 SB appearances and 5 wins. This is why we are loved by many and hated by many. As for the Pats they have been the most successful team in the 2000's and have their fair share of supporters and haters. Not to the same level as the Cowboys but then there is only 1 America's team

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;1735136 said:
They are dirty, and go for the knees of players...

Roy is called dirty because of how he brings down runners you think Roy is dirty?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735125 said:
People generally cheer when a long time contender "gets over the hump". A lot of people liked the Red Sox in 2004, but they're pretty much universally hated now that they've won 2. The 49ers one one title in the 90's, but we were hated ones because we won three.
Well, according to your Red Sox theory, people should be hating on Indy by now. They're undefeated and winning by double digit scores. Yet, people don't hate them like the Patriots. Why? Because it's not just about winning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1735163 said:
Well, according to your Red Sox theory, people should be hating on Indy by now. They're undefeated and winning by double digit scores. Yet, people don't hate them like the Patriots. Why? Because it's not just about winning.

What have the Colts won? 1 SB after a few years of coming up short. What have the Pats done? 3 out of 4 SB wins. Not even the same thing.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735083 said:
You notice how the hate comes along with winning? :laugh2:

No. Hate comes along with cheating and showing no class when beating your opponents. They kick dirt in the face of all their opponents and its the worst case of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

The Colts could do the same thing, but they call of the dogs and back off when they know they're out manning a team.

Winning doesnt make me hate a team. Cheating, and winning in a completely classless act makes me hate a team.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735171 said:
What have the Colts won? 1 SB after a few years of coming up short. What have the Pats done? 3 out of 4 SB wins. Not even the same thing.
Yes, people hate the Patriots because they also won a Super Bowl in 2002. That makes perfect sense.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;1735079 said:
I wonder if the Pats are on their way to being the most hated team in the NFL?

Naw, they'll never catch us there either. :D

I assure you, right now, the Patriots are more hated than the Dallas Cowboys.

kevwun

Reaction score
Belichik is running up scores because he is mad about spy gate. He's mad that people made a big deal that he got caught cheating. His anger is in no way justified. It's just more proof that he's a prick. I think it's a big reason why a lot of people dislike the patriots.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1735181 said:
No. Hate comes along with cheating and showing no class when beating your opponents. They kick dirt in the face of all their opponents and its the worst case of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

The Colts could do the same thing, but they call of the dogs and back off when they know they're out manning a team.

Winning doesnt make me hate a team. Cheating, and winning in a completely classless act makes me hate a team.

So people hate the Cowboys because of how we cheated and becasue we were classless? I guess the Packers, Steelers, 9ers were also cheater and classless because the one common is all of these teams were great teams who consistently won. As far as running up the score then the other team needs to pull their starters and start running the ball. You want 1 team to stop playing while the other team still is trying to put up points? I did not see Gibbs stopping his team and pulling out this starters I saw then trying to move the ball and put up points. I also saw Brady,Moss and the starting RB's sitting on the bench with over 8 min in the game and yet they still scored on the skins.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Exactly right on your Colts points, Theo. They could go undefeated and it would be fine with me. (Unless they play us, of couse.)

I don't hate the Colts, and frankly I didn't hate the Patriots until this year. So it's not just about hating the winner. It's about the way a coach and an organization conduct themselves.

Go Tony Dungy.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735153 said:
Roy is called dirty because of how he brings down runners you think Roy is dirty?

Actually, they stopped allowing that type of tackling. Roy use to tackle before it was made illegal, just like Erik Williams abusing Reggie White with the hands-to-the-face block.

On the other hand, attacking the knees by an OL has been illegal and they still do it... I'm sure Roy does not intentionally try and horsecollar players, and seeks to work within the rules. It is a lot easier to get fined in an open-field tackle...

I'm tired of this "other people do it" excuse...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1735182 said:
Yes, people hate the Patriots because they also won a Super Bowl in 2002. That makes perfect sense.

The Pats have won 3 out of the last 4 that is a big reason why it is also why so many here whined about the Steelers, 49ers and now the Pats it is winning. You want to deny it fine but I have watched this game long enough to know that when teams are winning other fans are whinning and talking about their hate of that team and they come up with every execuse under the sun so justfiy it. Hell I did it when I was much younger. I hated the Steelers but then when I look at the reasons why I hated them it was simple they won and beat my team they were successful. This is also why we are hated by many.

Daudr

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735091 said:
Yeah, Brady is everything that is wrong with football. The guy who won't even agree to do TV commercials unless his offensive linemen are involved (Peyton would sell tampons if you wrote him a check). Teddi Bruschi, the guy who comes back to play from a mild stroke, is everything that's wrong with football. Todd Light, Logan Mankins and the rest of that blue collar offensive line that never draws attention to themselves ... they're everything that's wrong with football. Wes Welker, the guy who goes undrafted as a too small/too slow WR who worked his way onto an NFL squad as a rookie by playing WR, returning punts, returning kickoffs and even substitute placekicking, is everything that's wrong with football

You are either being intentionally obtuse, or you just don't get it. No one hates those players. They hate Belicheat, his attitude, his cheating, and the way he does business. Notice how it's not the same with the Colts, even though they win just as much or more than the Patriots?

InmanRoshi;1735091 said:
God, you guys are frothing at the mouth and obsessed over this crap ... and for what? Because the Patriots beat the Commanders by 45 points instead of 38. Please, you're looking for a reason to hate the Patriots because they're so much better than everybody. You just cling to whatever you can grasp a hold of and act like its the Atrocity of the Century. Just like the Cowboy haters did in the early 90's when they called us the "Dallas Cokeboys". They didn't really give a flip that Michael Irvin was holed up in a hotel room with coke and hookers, they just hated the fact that he caught first downs on their favorite teams at will and then rubbed their faces in it with a celebration dance.

BS. Everyone in here LOVED that the Skins got smashed. I, for one, would have been estatic if they had won 60 to 0. I only hope for a rematch in the Super Bowl when we have Newman fully healthy and we have Henry back (and maybe Glenn) - it will be a different result. We almost pulled it off already, we will beat them next time.

Reaction score
It's the fact that they got popped for cheating while being the team of the decade that rubs people raw. We live and die emotionally with our teams as they try to become #1 and the fact that the Pat's championships are not completely legit hits a nerve. Yes, nobody hates a doormat, but not nobody respects tainted championships either.

Can you imagine the uproar if "spygate" happened to the Cowboys in 1994? what a debacle that would have been!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735195 said:
So people hate the Cowboys because of how we cheated and becasue we were classless? I guess the Packers, Steelers, 9ers were also cheater and classless because the one common is all of these teams were great teams who consistently won. As far as running up the score then the other team needs to pull their starters and start running the ball. You want 1 team to stop playing while the other team still is trying to put up points? I did not see Gibbs stopping his team and pulling out this starters I saw then trying to move the ball and put up points. I also saw Brady,Moss and the starting RB's sitting on the bench with over 8 min in the game and yet they still scored on the skins.

What the hell are you talking about? People hate the PATRIOTS because of how they cheated and they're classless. Nowhere did I say people hated us for that reason.

And your argument for the Commanders is horrendous. When do you see LOSING teams pull starters? Very rarely. But the starters? Yes When you're up 38-0 on your 20-something yard line midway through the 4th quarter, you dont go for it on 4th and two, and then continually pass untill 2 minutes left in the game and you're up by 56 points.

New Orleans last year had the exact same opportunity to do what NE did to us this year, and they took a knee with over a minute left in the game. NE knew we were gassed, and ran it in for an additional 6 points that wasnt needed. They kick dirt in the face of every team they face, and I hope karma comes back to bite them in their fat f**king classless *****.