After all these years I am now rooting for the Colts

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;1735202 said:
Actually, they stopped allowing that type of tackling. Roy use to tackle before it was made illegal, just like Erik Williams abusing Reggie White with the hands-to-the-face block.

On the other hand, attacking the knees by an OL has been illegal and they still do it... I'm sure Roy does not intentionally try and horsecollar players, and seeks to work within the rules. It is a lot easier to get fined in an open-field tackle...

I'm tired of this "other people do it" excuse...

Blocking low is not aginst the rule. As for execuses you are giving one to Roy. Do I think Roy is dirty no I think he is a hardcore football player who will horsecoller and take the 15 before he will allow the runner to break it the distance. You are upset with the Pats blocking low that is within the rules.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1735207 said:
What the hell are you talking about? People hate the PATRIOTS because of how they cheated and they're classless. Nowhere did I say people hated us for that reason.

And your argument for the Commanders is horrendous. When do you see LOSING teams pull starters? Very rarely. But the starters? Yes When you're up 38-0 on your 20-something yard line midway through the 4th quarter, you dont go for it on 4th and two, and then continually pass untill 2 minutes left in the game and you're up by 56 points.

New Orleans last year had the exact same opportunity to do what NE did to us this year, and they took a knee with over a minute left in the game. NE knew we were gassed, and ran it in for an additional 6 points that wasnt needed. They kick dirt in the face of every team they face, and I hope karma comes back to bite them in their fat f**king classless *****.

Yeah that is the reason. How about the other team I mentioned what was their reason why they were hated? As far as running up the score this is a lame excuse what does it matter the only team running any risk is the Pats and as far as the other team BS you don't like getting but butted kicked then get your guys off the field but this childish BS of well you must stop but we get to keep trying is for the birds. You want the game over run the damn ball and stop calling timeouts and the game will end sooner you keep playing then don't expect the other team to do the same.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
EGG;1735206 said:
It's the fact that they got popped for cheating while being the team of the decade that rubs people raw. We live and die emotionally with our teams as they try to become #1 and the fact that the Pat's championships are not completely legit hits a nerve. Yes, nobody hates a doormat, but not nobody respects tainted championships either.

Can you imagine the uproar if "spygate" happened to the Cowboys in 1994? what a debacle that would have been!

People hated the Patriots long before Spygate or running up the score on the Commanders. Just like they hated Irvin LONG before he got popped with hookers and blow. Just look at all the bad mouthing the Patriots got when they aquired Moss. "Oh, they're just desperate now. This will fail." Who in their objective right mind would say that Moss for a 4th round draft pick and a reduced contract was anything other than the steal of the century?

People loved the Red Sox when they won their first World Series. Now everyone hates them, because they're winning too much. Nothing else has changed ... it's still Schilling, Manny, Wakefield and Big Pappi.

sago1

Reaction score
Have you people forgot something. We took the lead in the 3rd quarter against the Pats. Eventually the Pats were ahead of us by 2 TDs. In their idea of things, that is not enough. They had to show their fans how bad we were so another TD had to be scored. And yet, only beating us 3 TDs was still lot better then what they did to the Skins. Gotta admit I'm surprised they piled it on so much against the Skins. Wonder what the Skins did to really tick them off.

Maybe because we stood up and did something against them (unlike the Skins), they had a tiny bit more respect for us. After all we did sack Brady 3 times, force a fumble/recover it and run it in for a TD. We also put up 2 TD drives late in 2nd quarter and the start of 3rd quarter to take the lead. No other team has come close to that.

kevwun

Reaction score
I think the rest of the county is suffering from New England overload in general.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1735242 said:
Have you people forgot something. We took the lead in the 3rd quarter against the Pats. Eventually the Pats were ahead of us by 2 TDs. In their idea of things, that is not enough. They had to show their fans how bad we were so another TD had to be scored. And yet, only beating us 3 TDs was still lot better then what they did to the Skins. Gotta admit I'm surprised they piled it on so much against the Skins. Wonder what the Skins did to really tick them off.

Maybe because we stood up and did something against them (unlike the Skins), they had a tiny bit more respect for us. After all we did sack Brady 3 times, force a fumble/recover it and run it in for a TD. We also put up 2 TD drives late in 2nd quarter and the start of 3rd quarter to take the lead. No other team has come close to that.

Pats pulled many starter with over 8 min what else should they have done? Hand the ball to the skins and maybe help them put some points up?

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1735215 said:
People hated the Patriots long before Spygate or running up the score on the Commanders. Just like they hated Irvin LONG before he got popped with hookers and blow. Just look at all the bad mouthing the Patriots got when they aquired Moss. "Oh, they're just desperate now. This will fail." Who in their objective right mind would say that Moss for a 4th round draft pick and a reduced contract was anything other than the steal of the century?

People loved the Red Sox when they won their first World Series. Now everyone hates them, because they're winning too much. Nothing else has changed ... it's still Schilling, Manny, Wakefield and Big Pappi.

If you say so,,, I never saw any evidence of people hating on the Patsie's before now. Maybe it's like that where you live, but not out here or on television. Desperate to take Moss? Everything I heard was about the absolute STEAL they got from the Raiders and how they would be unbeatable with him!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EGG;1735253 said:
If you say so,,, I never saw any evidence of people hating on the Patsie's before now. Maybe it's like that where you live, but not out here or on television. Desperate to take Moss? Everything I heard was about the absolute STEAL they got from the Raiders and how they would be unbeatable with him!

Before spygate even many around here were pulling aginst the Pats for the simple reason they don't want them getting that 4th SB in the 2000's. I can understand the feeling I think the spygate only added fule to the fire for fans hating the Pats.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1735257 said:
Before spygate even many around here were pulling against the Pats for the simple reason they don't want them getting that 4th SB in the 2000's. I can understand the feeling I think the spygate only added fule to the fire for fans hating the Pats.

oh yeah,,, specific fans were rooting against them for sure, Cowboys for the above-mentioned reason, other rivals, but nothing wide-spread.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EGG;1735266 said:
oh yeah,,, specific fans were rooting against them for sure, Cowboys for the above-mentioned reason, other rivals, but nothing wide-spread.

I think pretty much people don't want to see the same team winning all the time. Which is why many fans have a love or hate relationship with successful franchise no matter the sport.