After the third day, I feel like Meh

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. They got some players that will really help. They also got a lot of players that will push the bottom level underperforming and under developing players off the roster.

For example, if the WR picked shows something, does that mean Gallup could be traded?

Another example is the DL depth from last year. They better be ready to step up because if not their replacement is coming.

Parsons is SOLID. Day 2... https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-2-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

Day 1: A+
Day 2: A-

NO.
Why do people still insist on Gallup being traded. I thought that would be over once the draft was over.
All this means about the WR drafted, is that he will be the 6th WR, replacing Turner, since he has some ST's skills. And that he could very well replace Noah Brown or Cedric Wilson after this year. Or during this year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Anybody else feel that this draft was a letdown?

Parsons I like. But that was a 4th priority.

By jove! I bet the Jones clan kept the sports analysts scrambling to find out who these unknowns are in rounds 2-6.

Cowboys, up to round 6, get an overall draft grade of C.
11 picks. Not meh at all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
NO.
Why do people still insist on Gallup being traded. I thought that would be over once the draft was over.
All this means about the WR drafted, is that he will be the 6th WR, replacing Turner, since he has some ST's skills. And that he could very well replace Noah Brown or Cedric Wilson after this year. Or during this year.
It’s an example of some yahoo somewhere speculating Gallup could be traded and other yahoos roll with it.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

By jove! I bet the Jones clan kept the sports analysts scrambling to find out who these unknowns are in rounds 2-6.

Did you see the linebacker play last year? You know LVE is one hit away from retirement right? You saw the defense sucked last year and major part of the was the linebacker play. Adding Parson who will be a major force and Cox who will be dominant in coverage were big needs. Unless you want to watch Jaylon get toasted on coverage all year again or completely misread the play.

Those two picks alone will help this defense out. We will have to see if a couple of the players they reached on according to the “draft experts” pan out.

Also Joseph isn’t an unknown he’s going to contribute right away and has lots of potential.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only difference pre draft as opposed to today is that I now know who they picked.

If they'd picked Surtain or Horn and all of the other pet cats we had leading up to this, we would not know one more thing than we do except some people are happy and some people didn't get their wish and are unhappy.

For instance, we do not know if Horn or Surtain will be better or Farley or even Joseph because at one time, Joseph was right there with all three of those players.

The only thing that's known are the players, beyond that we don't know anything yet.

Posters can be down on it or meh or positive or wait and see like I am. I watch more college ball than the NFL and there are some players they picked I know nothing about.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Did you see the linebacker play last year? You know LVE is one hit away from retirement right? You saw the defense sucked last year and major part of the was the linebacker play. Adding Parson who will be a major force and Cox who will be dominant in coverage were big needs. Unless you want to watch Jaylon get toasted on coverage all year again or completely misread the play.

Those two picks alone will help this defense out. We will have to see if a couple of the players they reached on according to the “draft experts” pan out.

Also Joseph isn’t an unknown he’s going to contribute right away and has lots of potential.

Well, there you have it, old fellow. A great linebacking corps with 2 all pros in Parsons and Cox.
Now, if only the opposing team eschewed the pass ...

rambo2

Reaction score

No, this draft has a chance to be outstanding. They got the best defensive player in the draft in Parsons and may have gotten the best corner in Joesph. They got a good coverage backer in Cox and 3 defensive lineman that look like they can contribute. They also got a receiver and an offensive tackle that look like they can contribute.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No, this draft has a chance to be outstanding. They got the best defensive player in the draft in Parsons and may have gotten the best corner in Joesph. They got a good coverage backer in Cox and 3 defensive lineman that look like they can contribute. They also got a receiver and an offensive tackle that look like they can contribute.

So ... there IS a chance!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After this draft it will become obvious either we have good coaching or we don't

Flamma

Reaction score
You are being kind...only reason this is even "Decent" is because they drafted Parsons. You'd be going ape-pooh all over the board had they not. LOL!! You gotta admit

Yeah I give this draft a D+, maybe a C-. Sort of like my grades as a senior in high school. I showed some flashes, but mainly disappointing. And just like my future outlook after high school, this draft is subject to change with hindsight!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We added a lot of depth to the LBs.

Jaylon and LVE have some help now.