After we calmed down now, how you feeling?

plymkr

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same as I did when watching the game. Frustrated but not surprised. We had a very toxic offseason consisting of but not limited to: Dak saying throw things at the refs, cheerleaders scandal, Jerry's love child drama, player involved in a murder. Football related issues was an average draft, not preperation for chronically injured players, very little to no FA activity, very amateurish behavior towards publicly blasting our WR1 then trading him for a measly 5th rounder.

The most toxic offseason in years from a toxic, dysfunctional, inbred organization bled into the field of play. We have a organization of nepotism and no accountability. No one has to earn their job on the field or the front office. If Jerry likes you you're in (Moore), if Jerry doesn't like you (Cooper) you're out. Talent and skill is not a factor in coach and player acquisition.

I felt this Sunday and still feel it now that maybe going 0-17 would be good for us. We can't give Lamb, Dak, Schultz, BDZ, DLaw, anyone in the front 7 besides Parsons, long term deals or contract re-ups. We need to blow this up and maybe 0-17 would do that. The only 3 players I want back are Diggs, Parsons and Martin.

GINeric

Reaction score
Heard from people that watched the tape that our receivers were getting open but Dak did not have the mobility or pocket awareness and it was too late for him to hit them and also a combination of dak has very little field awareness and reflexes

Do you have a link of what they said or some video.?? Im not saying it's not true, but....

GINeric

Reaction score
That is total BS. Guys were not open. Couple drops. They were awful.

Exactly.... that "heard from some people who watched tape" is hilarious. I heard from some people who saw receivers not getting open and also dropping passes.....

GINeric

Reaction score
go watch the dak INT when he throws to triple coverage to Noah brown. Schultz was wide open to the left but dak panicked and didn’t notice.
Wrs we’re getting open - obviously not as much as we’d like but they were

it’s a mix of poor OLine and slow dak reflexes. Dak needs all the time in the world to hit players

Show me ONE quarterback at any level of football who doesn't miss open receivers during the game. You have 3 to 4 receivers going out for passes. Every quarterback don't always see the open receiver... especially when the opponent is in the pocket with you

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am still pissed about the game. But then again why even bother? Nothing is going to change EVER so long as Jerry and/or Stephen Jones are in control of the team. I think of the disciplined, competitive, tough Cowboys teams of the past with coaches like Johnson and Parcells; true disciplinarians who demanded perfection and hard work from their players, who in turn gave them respect because the buck stopped with them. We will never have another head coach in their mold lead the Cowboys because Jerry will not get any credit…and he covets the recognition of being a football guy.

So what does that mean for us? Well it means more Campos, Gaileys, Phillips, Garrets and McCarthys leading the Cowboys…all for the maintenance of Jerry’s glorious ego.

So while I am tired of seeing other teams deftly manage the salary cap, draft smart, develop players, actually scheme and strategize to exploit our opponents and maximize our strengths; I know this will never happen for the Cowboys.

These Cowboys are all about bluster and entitlement; we “like our guys”, we’ve found the “secret sauce”. They talk trash in the pre-season and buy into the hype; go out on the field thinking teams will bow before them due to a false sense of entitlement, then they get smacked in the mouth and fold like a rusted chaise lounge. It’s the same year-after-year over the past 10-15 years. So prepare for more mediocrity this season…and that is the best case scenario.
Pretty much nailed it!!!
Please post more often!
:clap:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
everything is fine , its all good news.

giphy.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn't have to calm down because I didn't think this team was a legitimate SB contender in the first place. Stop thinking these 2 clowns are going to deliver and just enjoy the show.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Very odd statement; not sure what you’re implying.

Same era. Chad played with Quincy.

Testaverde/Henson etc.

Whatever you want to call that time.

I call it the days spent in the wilderness. Its somewhat different than now

Coaching was better, QB play was much worse Defense was OK to good (I'm taking about Bill BTW)

Just so you know Quincy got us to the Playoffs. And then smoked himself out of the league (Friggin Idiot)