After we calmed down now, how you feeling?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I was pretty mad Sunday. I mean that was as bad a home opener as I can remember. Dak’s injury is a big deal despite what the haters say. The fall off between he and Rush is huge. Tampa has a good defense and the WRs are injured but I think the biggest culprit is Moore. I rewatched the game and it’s hard to believe how bad he is. I could not figure out what he was trying to do. It was obvious early that the WRs were going to be no help. Lamb btw is a clown. He should have gone heavy and ran Zeke and Pollard hard. I would also gotten both of those guys in space with screens and quick hitches. I am thinking 40 total touches between the 2 of them. Yet they had a fraction of that. It had to be done given zero help from the wideouts. Yet he made no attempt. The guy is terrible.

I thought this was a 11-6 team. I knew the first 6 we’re going to be rough but I thought 3-3 was possible. Now I just can’t see it. Opening the season with 2 home losses will sink a season fast. The defense is going to be good. I am positive about that. Gallup and Washington are around the corner. Dak back by the end of October. The team which can’t steal a game ever needs to do just that. I think a week 2 home game is a must win. Another loss and I am afraid this is a 10 loss season.

This franchise is teetering. In my opinion like never before.

You guys finding any rays of sunshine?
unprepared. rush showed for some of the players who decided this is country club and skip the preseason, even for a few series. the offensive game plan sucked. penalties, penalties, penalties..... its killing us. and Mike promised he will fix it, we even brought referees to practice and they still suck at it....OL is horrible. Pollard should not be in on third downs unless he goes into a route. my 12 year old blocks better than he does. we need to get rid of moore. he kills his own momentum....its shades of Garrett and Linehan.

run defense looked bad. I don't care they gave up 19 points....the tampa game plan was simple. run the ball, shorten the game. get out with a win....we didn't see anything sophisticated from their offense. Brady threw the ball only 27 times. they ran more than that....

only parsons looked good and was hustling. Diggs was decent. the rest were ho hum.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was pretty mad Sunday. I mean that was as bad a home opener as I can remember. Dak’s injury is a big deal despite what the haters say. The fall off between he and Rush is huge. Tampa has a good defense and the WRs are injured but I think the biggest culprit is Moore. I rewatched the game and it’s hard to believe how bad he is. I could not figure out what he was trying to do. It was obvious early that the WRs were going to be no help. Lamb btw is a clown. He should have gone heavy and ran Zeke and Pollard hard. I would also gotten both of those guys in space with screens and quick hitches. I am thinking 40 total touches between the 2 of them. Yet they had a fraction of that. It had to be done given zero help from the wideouts. Yet he made no attempt. The guy is terrible.

I thought this was a 11-6 team. I knew the first 6 we’re going to be rough but I thought 3-3 was possible. Now I just can’t see it. Opening the season with 2 home losses will sink a season fast. The defense is going to be good. I am positive about that. Gallup and Washington are around the corner. Dak back by the end of October. The team which can’t steal a game ever needs to do just that. I think a week 2 home game is a must win. Another loss and I am afraid this is a 10 loss season.

Less upset, but just as hopeless.
We are run by an amateur that does not how to build a roster and an hier apparent who will get the job, just because he is the son of the owner.
So we are screwed now, and screwed in the future.

MS17

Reaction score
The Bucs loss in my mind just continued the woes from the 49ers playoff loss. The team's degraded since last season's ugly finale.
Beaker42 said earlier that the Cowboys losing out could give them a shot at a "top QB" or DT. Yes, it could. But we all know that prospect would never be even remotely possible in the fertile minds of the "football people" in the front office--
Jerral and Stephun Jones. They dont think on that plane.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak can be successful. He isn’t Mahomes but he can win a lot of games. I will die on that hill. Rewatch the game and tell me why you wouldn’t start pounding the ball after the first 3 series. Moore is terrible. Really really terrible.

1. Yes. Moore is terrible. No denying that. I agree 100 percent. He has no idea that a team can do anything but pass the ball.

2. Dak has VERY poor visibility and ability to progress through reads. If his first read isn’t open, then he is “done” for that play.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
1 down 16 to go.

Lot's more football to be played.

If we're 4-7 or worse at the end of November, the picture begins to get clearer.

Hope that's not the case, the Boys aren't that bad, right?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope we lose out for a shot at top QB or DT.
IDC NO Loser talk ok..worse fanbases ever look to the draft as their SB..umm no TY. you do realize im betting no matter what Jerry not taking a qb with the first pick..be seriously think hard..daks here another 2 years co8nting this one at minimum. DT dont typically go that high so OT yes, OG yes if a cant miss DT is up there yes but a qb get real..

they wont do what SF and GB did because look at it its not working those dudes been sitting and when they do play they aren't looking too hot..not a lock that pick works out, really less likely than likely.

bigE79

Reaction score

Dak sucks...that's all I got.

Zman5

Reaction score
Heard from people that watched the tape that our receivers were getting open but Dak did not have the mobility or pocket awareness and it was too late for him to hit them and also a combination of dak has very little field awareness and reflexes

I watched the all-22 and this is not true. People who said that don't know what they are watching. Dak sucked tool but WRs and the play design were much worse.

Last edited:

TheCritic

Reaction score
Not angry. Just post Stockholm Syndrome. Can't believe I fell for the off-season hype.

cowboyec

Reaction score
pissed we lost.
feel better if Dak only misses 4 games.
some hope.
can't wait til game day.
Go☆Cowboys!

Sully

Reaction score

*** Wasn't upset or mad. Realists knew this team was not going to be good.
--- Putting a rookie OL, who was playing OG for the pre-season and move him to LT was a recipe for trouble
--- Lamb is no #1 WR and all fans were cheering SB after he was drafted
--- Tampa ran all over the defense.....again.
--- More flags than points. AGAIN.
--- Lost their McGovern, who is average AT Best
--- Team cut Rush and Grier and now what them to be the starter. Really?!?!?!
--- LVE still looks lost at MLB, hence teams ran right up the middle.

Player I feel bad for is Zack Martin. Allow him to play for a winner, like D Ware did.
Cowboys continue to be a punchline than a football team

Iago33

Reaction score
I’m about where I was Sunday night:

The defense looked good and will be strong this season. Micha is even better than he was last year.

The offense looked terrible. The offensive line, considering McGovern went out in the first quarter, was surprisingly solid. However about everything else on that side of the ball sucked donkey *****. The QB looked flummoxed, just like he did in the second half of the season last year. The WR’s didn’t seem to be giving him much help, and the play calling seemed uninspired.

I’m somewhere in the middle on Dak, but if they can’t figure out what defenses are doing to slow him down, then you have to use another QB, because there are games where he just can’t do much.

I will say this: Once Peters gets in on the OL, I think this line is going to be significantly better at run blocking than last year’s line. If they can just manage to move the ball on the ground, things will open up more for Dak, or whoever is at QB.

If the offense can do just a little to help out the defense, that side of the ball is going to be very good. Even being behind Tampa for the whole game, the defense made it damn near impossible for Brady to score a TD. Had the offense gotten ahead of TB, the defense would have really been giving Brady fits.

Finally, I’ll say that Bowles and the Tampa defense are really good and to be applying this type of defense to every team Dallas plays is not what is going to happen. They are really good and they had a great game plan against Dallas Sunday night.

Much like they did to Mahomes in the super bowl, they just confounded Dak and the Dallas offense with a similar game plan. Moore needed to stick to the ground game more but he got away from it as Tampa kept adding field goals.

Anyway, I always try to have 3 or 4 games before I judge a team, which I have to remind myself of, because this one just makes me want to jump to snap decisions. However, I’ll wait for a couple more games before I have a good feel for how the team will be… but without the starting QB, it won’t be easy to win any of those games.
I wish I had 10 likes to give. Great post!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Not getting rid of him anytime soon. I actually feel bad for you guys that just blame Dak. The ownership sucks. The culture sucks. The OC is a clown. The number 1 WR is a diva with the droppsies. After him the WRs are special teamers. The game plan was pure trash. Dak had no chance. None.
I know how they feel because I used to blame Romo. It's a process. This whole organization needs to be rebuilt. 26 years of failure. Every other year this team falls and then the next year we stagger to a playoff loss.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Not getting rid of him anytime soon. I actually feel bad for you guys that just blame Dak. The ownership sucks. The culture sucks. The OC is a clown. The number 1 WR is a diva with the droppsies. After him the WRs are special teamers. The game plan was pure trash. Dak had no chance. None.
You are correct in that Dak was not the only problem, but solid play on his end would elevate those around him. He has yet to show this ability, and this is what gets my goat the most. In the pefect situation Dak can succeed, but we need a QB that can thrive in the chaos of Dallas Cowboys football

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I wasn’t really ever mad. It’s hard to get mad at this team anymore. I’m approaching a quarter century in age and they’ve won barely anything of significance since I have been alive.

I’m just sad the offense was that abysmal, and that I don’t believe the will be going anywhere with the core of skill players we have.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
The same bro, this is like a nightmare. Worst start I could remember since rolling my eyes at the Quincy Carter era

I find it interesting That you didn't bring up Chad Hutchinson , or Drew Henson or any of the other wastes of skin we've had at qb.

But you people do what you do Carry on

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I was pissed off before, during, after the game and still madder than a wet hen!
Been following this team for 62 years and it just gets worse at every turn. :angry:

I'm at a point now where I'm wishing some football savvy fellow buys this team.

I do realize that the Jones clowns aren't about to sell their magic money maker.

:facepalm: :starspin: :angry:

Last edited: