Again TY Will McClay

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Mostly for the trades you haven't made this time. I appreciate the drafts and clearing the cap and everything so much but I just wanted to say thanks for not allowing this nut and his son to make two dumb *** trades.

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

While I wasn't a big fan of the Cooper trade at first it's obvious it was worth it and is a testament to Will cause he obviously ok'd it. It's clear that this man is the mastermind behind the masterblinds, see what I did there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
TY Stephen and Jerry for hiring him and keeping him around plus taking his advice.. some of you tend to gloss over who hires these guys, only when you want to state the negatives, it was jerry who brought Jimmy Johnson here as well and all those assistants etc yes hes made mistakes as all owners do but they need credit for the good hires as well..

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
TY Stephen and Jerry for hiring him and keeping him around plus taking his advice.. some of you tend to gloss over who hires these guys, only when you want to state the negatives, it was jerry who brought Jimmy Johnson here as well and all those assistants etc yes hes made mistakes as all owners do but they need credit for the good hires as well..
Jerry ran him out of town and those assistants were picked by Jimmy. I agree I am happy Jerry purchased the team and made a bold correct move and brought Jimmy in here but since then he has absolutely failed us. Him signing McClay 25+ years after his last great move is few and far between.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mostly for the trades you haven't made this time. I appreciate the drafts and clearing the cap and everything so much but I just wanted to say thanks for not allowing this nut and his son to make two dumb *** trades.

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

While I wasn't a big fan of the Cooper trade at first it's obvious it was worth it and is a testament to Will cause he obviously ok'd it. It's clear that this man is the mastermind behind the masterblinds, see what I did there.
Who?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry ran him out of town and those assistants were picked by Jimmy. I agree I am happy Jerry purchased the team and made a bold correct move and brought Jimmy in here but since then he has absolutely failed us. Him signing McClay 25+ years after his last great move is few and far between.
your post is about WillM he works for Jerry , hers here because of jerry , period..Kris Richard now as well..they dont pay themselves and regardless of what happened 25years ago, and well know what really happened, no one got ran out of town, it was mutual..Jimmy went on and DID NOTHING in Miami.. you cant give props to anyone without saying TY Jerry he runs it ALL, Pays for it ALL>.just want to remind you all.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wait, is this a Will McClay appreciation thread where we pretend he actually has decision making power?
There is zero chance he doesn't. Jerry and family has hit on anything outside of Larry Allen without Bill Parcells in the past 30 years. There is no way they are making pretty much every correct decision for the past 5 years outside of the Taco pick that WaddleRod jumped on the table for.

conner01

Reaction score
Wait, is this a Will McClay appreciation thread where we pretend he actually has decision making power?
I don’t think anyone thinks he makes the decisions and neither of the non moves had much to do with him I suspect
But he does have the respect of the guy who does make the decisions and I suspect a lot of influence

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is zero chance he doesn't. Jerry and family has hit on anything outside of Larry Allen without Bill Parcells in the past 30 years. There is no way they are making pretty much every correct decision for the past 5 years outside of the Taco pick that WaddleRod jumped on the table for.
I guess the guy actually being able to make sense and speak in simple tones to the idiotic Jones clan is not too much of a skill to ascribe to him.

Instead, we want to pretend he actually runs the damn franchise.

Get a damn grip.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I guess the guy actually being able to make sense and speak in simple tones to the idiotic Jones clan is not too much of a skill to ascribe to him.

Instead, we want to pretend he actually runs the damn franchise.

Get a damn grip.
He doesn't run the franchise but he definitely is the guy with the biggest voice in the draft room, in free agency and making trades. Why do you think Paxton, Manziel, Ridley ect aren't here?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone thinks he makes the decisions and neither of the non moves had much to do with him I suspect
But he does have the respect of the guy who does make the decisions and I suspect a lot of influence
Really? So you think it was SJ that stopped Daddy from the Lynch trade? No way! It was the vice president of player personnel and Im sure we all know who holds the tile of president of player personnel.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
These threads would be exploding if we had taken Lynch.................................

morat1959

Reaction score
Well said!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Shouldn't be drinking in the offseason. At least not heavily.
Oh yeah?,,, sez' who?,,,eh?

*Well, I'll be waiting fer' yer' overbearing self dictating responding reply ,,,down over up in the sky-cap bar&grillo_O