Again TY Will McClay

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
TY Stephen and Jerry for hiring him and keeping him around plus taking his advice.. some of you tend to gloss over who hires these guys, only when you want to state the negatives, it was jerry who brought Jimmy Johnson here as well and all those assistants etc yes hes made mistakes as all owners do but they need credit for the good hires as well..
BS....! Jimmy hand picked his staff.

And 25 years of screwing it up and "Okaying" hiring McClay is a tad bit embellishing. He promoted Campo for the love of God!!!!!!

The bar should be set at Robert Kraft......period.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
your post is about WillM he works for Jerry , hers here because of jerry , period..Kris Richard now as well..they dont pay themselves and regardless of what happened 25years ago, and well know what really happened, no one got ran out of town, it was mutual..Jimmy went on and DID NOTHING in Miami.. you cant give props to anyone without saying TY Jerry he runs it ALL, Pays for it ALL>.just want to remind you all.
LOL. A while ago maybe ten years, there used to be a really good restaurant near me in Montclair NJ, Mexicali Rose. The owner had an amazing business and sold it to someone else. The new owner was a little cheap and didn't want to pay the cooks so he got new cooks and started to tinker with the menu. They quickly went from a 2hr wait on a friday/saturday night to out of business.

A while ago maybe 25 years ago an owner of a popular football team thought he didn't need a real head coach and thought he didn't need a gm at all, though he could gm the team, so he fired the HC/GM who got them 2 super bowls and set them up for an easy 3rd. Since then the football team hasn't won anything but 3 first round playoff games in about 20+ years once the original HC/GM players/drafts and assistants/coordinators were completely gone.

Everyone knows this as you do that if Jerry wasn't the owner and the GM then Jerry the GM wouldn't have made it out of the 90s with his job.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL. A while ago maybe ten years, there used to be a really good restaurant near me in Montclair NJ, Mexicali Rose. The owner had an amazing business and sold it to someone else. The new owner was a little cheap and didn't want to pay the cooks so he got new cooks and started to tinker with the menu. They quickly went from a 2hr wait on a friday/saturday night to out of business.

A while ago maybe 25 years ago an owner of a popular football team thought he didn't need a real head coach and thought he didn't need a gm at all, though he could gm the team, so he fired the HC/GM who got them 2 super bowls and set them up for an easy 3rd. Since then the football team hasn't won anything but 3 first round playoff games in about 20+ years once the original HC/GM players/drafts and assistants/coordinators were completely gone.

Everyone knows this as you do that if Jerry wasn't the owner and the GM then Jerry the GM wouldn't have made it out of the 90s with his job.
you are hard headed bro, get the f over it , Jerry owns the team and is Wills boss thats all im saying , your post giving props to Will is saying Jerrys doing a good job, you cant skate around it by living 25years in the past and try hard to forget the Jones' own the team and still make all the final decsions..MCClay didnt hire himself nor makes any decsions without going through the boss..

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Parcells gets too much credit, romo was Payton’s and Ware was despite of parcells who wanted spear over him.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Mostly for the trades you haven't made this time. I appreciate the drafts and clearing the cap and everything so much but I just wanted to say thanks for not allowing this nut and his son to make two dumb *** trades.

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

While I wasn't a big fan of the Cooper trade at first it's obvious it was worth it and is a testament to Will cause he obviously ok'd it. It's clear that this man is the mastermind behind the masterblinds, see what I did there.
Earl Thomas > woods Frazier Heath

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mostly for the trades you haven't made this time. I appreciate the drafts and clearing the cap and everything so much but I just wanted to say thanks for not allowing this nut and his son to make two dumb *** trades.

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

While I wasn't a big fan of the Cooper trade at first it's obvious it was worth it and is a testament to Will cause he obviously ok'd it. It's clear that this man is the mastermind behind the masterblinds, see what I did there.

Jerry tried to trade for Lynch and Denver refused. Earl Thomas he tried to trade a 2nd and they refused. They also tried to give Watkins a long term deal at 16 million per season and he turned them down to sign with KC.

Not sure how much of that was McClay, but either way, he didnt succeed in talking them out of any of those deals if he tried.

Ironically, if Thomas is healthy all year long they probably beat Dallas in the first round of the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry tried to trade for Lynch and Denver refused. Earl Thomas he tried to trade a 2nd and they refused. They also tried to give Watkins a long term deal at 16 million per season and he turned them down to sign with KC.

Not sure how much of that was McClay, but either way, he didnt succeed in talking them out of any of those deals if he tried.

Ironically, if Thomas is healthy all year long they probably beat Dallas in the first round of the playoffs.
some of you are hilarious how you twist possible or other moves in Hindsight ..sure is easy where we are sitting but the reality is Lynch was regarded as a player to watch at that time and the same reason Denver rejected the offer is the very reason we made the offer, you need help with that logic? the fact that it showed as potential mistake is moot, it wasn't at the time..there were like 8-9 QBs taken ahead of Dak and none now are Clearly better then Dak who we stole in the 4th round if you look at what hes done over the other 7 that went ahead of him and how those players cost those teams compared to us..

Logic&common sense sometimes get lost in here..

:facepalm:Probably BEATS US LOL , live much in your own mind, it never happened and guessing on results from a game that already finished if you add injured guys back in the equation, well if we Had Tfred and healthy Tavon ad beasly we might have beat the Rams..

if IFs and butts were Candy and Nuts everyday would be Christmas..:lmao:

Swanny

Reaction score

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

If it's a bad move it's Jerry sucks. If it's a good move it's Will is the Mastermind.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

Why are you giving credit to McClay for trades made or not made?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If it's a bad move it's Jerry sucks. If it's a good move it's Will is the Mastermind.

No its not like that.

JJ is an idiot and he sucks. Thats a fact.

People just giving examples to make it more transparent.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If McClay helps this team win a championship.. Jerry will get jealous that McClay gets credit for it and run him out of town.

John813

Reaction score
LOL if you think McClay has any power to veto a move from the Jones gang.
Only person that can talk any "sense" into Jerry is his son.

Stephen Jones was the guy who prevented the Paxton Lynch trade, along with the Manziel nonpick.

1. Now 9:54. Schneider back on the phone. The call was quick. Stephen Jones got off the phone, turned to Jerry Jones at the board, and as one eyewitness recalled son said to father: “No way with Seattle. Too much. They want our two and three.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-lost-out-on-paxton-lynch-as-their-future-qb/

2. "I'll never forget that morning," recalls Stephen. "Jerry said, 'Let's go through the [prospects] again, make sure we all see eye to eye on how we've got 'em ranked.'" If Manziel was still there at 16, the patriarch added, "I assume we'd take him--wouldn't we?"

Replied Stephen, with some delicacy, "Well, I don't think we would."

The two struck a deal: If any of three players -- Aaron Donald, Anthony Barror Ryan Shazier -- were available to the Cowboys they wouldn't take Manziel. But Stephen wanted to add one more name.

"And Zack," Stephen reminded his father. Indeed, Dallas had Notre Dame guard Zack Martin higher on its board than Manziel. But Jerry wasn't making any promises.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...icism-of-cowboys-not-drafting-johnny-manziel/

3. Earl Thomas had nothing to do with McClay. During the draft the Cowboys were going to trade the 2nd(18) to Seattle, until they found out Williams was still on board. No deal. Afterwards, during the season the Seahawks wanted more than a 2nd round pick.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article217854630.html

The Seahawks seemed to want to make a trade, and according to ESPN's Dan Graziano, the two sides re-opened discussions centered around the Cowboys giving back their second-round pick (No. 50 overall). Ian Rapoport of NFL Network even indicated that if the Cowboys had been willing to surrender that pick, they would have gotten Thomas. But the Cowboys had their heart set on Connor Williams, and nothing materialized from there.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...as-Cowboys-all-rumors-119558239/#119558239_12

4. The Cooper trade was The Jones gang again.
Stephen made the call to the Raiders GM to execute the deal.

I'm sure they talk to McClay often about the roster. But I don't believe there is any evidence of him overruling Jerry and or Stephen. He's on a lower level.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The bar should be set at Robert Kraft......period.

In all honesty, Kraft only made one decision .... but it was a damn good one. If you find a coach that you believe has the vision & the plan to win SB's, you give him full authority & stay the hell out of his way. GM's & owners undermine a lot of coaches who might have a chance otherwise. I don't understand why more organizations don't follow this example.

Brax

Reaction score

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

JJ and SJ tell Will what to do and as JJ recently said HE approves and makes all decisions. By the way you can thank Elway on the Paxton L miss because JJ was trying hard to move up and get him
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...es-regrets-not-overpaying-to-get-paxton-lynch
not sure why people believe WM is over ruling the Jones boys.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
25 years of suck.......Jed.

5+ years of solid athletes and a better team.

You do the math.....

DFWJC

Reaction score

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

McClay was up for that Lynch trade. He had him rated highly on our board.
And there is zero evidence that he prevented us from trading for Thomas. If anything, that was Stephen drawing hard a line and Seattle not biting.
Clay is good, but he's not perfect.

His group's job is league wide and draft talent evaluation. They provide the information and then Jerry/Stephen and crew negotiate deals or draft picks based on that data.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Cooper trade was a Jones decision and they made this very clear.

Secondly, Cooper was here for a little more than a half a season. How about we wait and see if he can continue his production...which was inconsistent just like in Oakland.

Ebnorice

Reaction score

1. Paxton Lynch
2. Earl Thomas

To be fair he was going to trade for Earl. The Seahawks just got greedy.

To be fair they were trading for lynch. Denver just over paid for him.