Aikman is a Homer

robjay04

Reaction score
Maybe it’s because he has publicly announced he wants to get back in the NFL and Cowboys are a dream job but has anyone noticed Aikman being really high on the team?

Now we already know about his LVE statement...Announcers don’t make statements like that.

But even tonight, I just noticed a lot of love from him...more so than other “good” seasons.

Maybe he heads Romo not going out of his way to be bias towards the team and he’s taking some hints. More than likely...it just took him a long time to get over his last 5 or so years with the team.

I was a child during the 90s super bowl years so Aikman was kind of a role model towards me but I couldn’t stand him as an announcer for the most part. This is probably the first Aikman/Buck game in forever I didn’t mute it when the game started trending heading New Orleans.... I’m actually enjoying Aikman as an announcer for the first time since...ever?

Go Cowboys! Games like this makes you realize how much you love this team and this sport.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe it’s because he has publicly announced he wants to get back in the NFL and Cowboys are a dream job but has anyone noticed Aikman being really high on the team?

Now we already know about his LVE statement...Announcers don’t make statements like that.

But even tonight, I just noticed a lot of love from him...more so than other “good” seasons.

Maybe he heads Romo not going out of his way to be bias towards the team and he’s taking some hints. More than likely...it just took him a long time to get over his last 5 or so years with the team.

I was a child during the 90s super bowl years so Aikman was kind of a role model towards me but I couldn’t stand him as an announcer for the most part. This is probably the first Aikman/Buck game in forever I didn’t mute it when the game started trending heading New Orleans.... I’m actually enjoying Aikman as an announcer for the first time since...ever?

Go Cowboys! Games like this makes you realize how much you love this team and this sport.

Aikman I don’t think is really a homer.

He obviously still loves the cowboys. But he is realistic.

If Dallas sucks. He calls it out.

The cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak and just beat one of the best teams in the league. They have earned his praise the last month.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I've noticed that also, but it could be a couple of things. One is that Troy is a very smart guy and he sees the core of this team is young and talented.

The other thing is that I got the sense when he first started that he was overly critical of Dallas because he wanted to show he was objective. Now that he is more established, he doesn't have the pressure to do that anymore.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Aikman is a realist. Nobody really wants a homer calling the games. He gave us 3 SB's. He can say anything he wants as far as I'm concerned and it wouldn't bother me. Buck is another matter though.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Aikman has never held any punches when it came to the cowboys which gets amplified as he is a fox broadcaster who does a ton of games...

Compared to Romo who gets maybe one a year

robjay04

Reaction score
Aikman I don’t think is really a homer.

He obviously still loves the cowboys. But he is realistic.

If Dallas sucks. He calls it out.

The cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak and just beat one of the best teams in the league. They have earned his praise the last month.

I noticed it on Thanksgiving though.

Most analysts are still saying the Cowboys are average but Aikman was still being an optimist.

Maybe I’m imaging stuff but I notice a difference in him.

mmohican29

Reaction score

It's completely obvious that LVE is going to be a transcendant Defender in this league. He has a chance to be an all timer. It's clear he is special to anyone watching the game, not just Aikman.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's completely obvious that LVE is going to be a transcendant Defender in this league. He has a chance to be an all timer. It's clear he is special to anyone watching the game, not just Aikman.

Yep.

He’s a dream linebacker because he can still play like a classic linebacker yet he is also like another defensive back in coverage and his tackling in space is already some of the best I’ve ever seen in this league.

Kaiser

Reaction score
his tackling in space is already some of the best I’ve ever seen in this league.

Its completly insane that a 22 year old rookie with one year of college football (after playing 8 man football) has stepped into the NFL and only missed one or two tackles all year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its completly insane that a 22 year old rookie with one year of college football (after playing 8 man football) has stepped into the NFL and only missed one or two tackles all year.

Yep.

He is just scratching the surface of what he can be.

He’s going to be picking off a lot of passes for this team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually don't think of Aikman as a homer but rather a guy who loves to compliment just about every player like they are something special or great, when they are not at all.

When he is critical, it is very mild such as, "I'm not sure what he was thinking on that play" instead of saying, "That was a horrible throw" or "That was a stupid mistake".

The only guys he tends to be critical of are the persistently bad players who are very easy targets and even then, it's soft criticism.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yep.

He’s a dream linebacker because he can still play like a classic linebacker yet he is also like another defensive back in coverage and his tackling in space is already some of the best I’ve ever seen in this league.

His range, reach, tackling prowess. Other worldly. This kid rarely misses in space. And not to undermine Jaylon either... heat seeking missle playing more confidently after a horrific injury. Good for him.

They will dominate for years barring injury.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

What did he say about Noah Brown where Buck did a verbal double take?