Aikman is a Homer

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe it’s because he has publicly announced he wants to get back in the NFL and Cowboys are a dream job but has anyone noticed Aikman being really high on the team?

Now we already know about his LVE statement...Announcers don’t make statements like that.

But even tonight, I just noticed a lot of love from him...more so than other “good” seasons.

Maybe he heads Romo not going out of his way to be bias towards the team and he’s taking some hints. More than likely...it just took him a long time to get over his last 5 or so years with the team.

I was a child during the 90s super bowl years so Aikman was kind of a role model towards me but I couldn’t stand him as an announcer for the most part. This is probably the first Aikman/Buck game in forever I didn’t mute it when the game started trending heading New Orleans.... I’m actually enjoying Aikman as an announcer for the first time since...ever?

Go Cowboys! Games like this makes you realize how much you love this team and this sport.
I think he's just giving credit where credit is due. He criticizes what deserves it as well.

robjay04

Reaction score
I don’t remember word for word but I believe he said that Noah Brown ran the best comeback route he had ever seen in the NFL.

Lol and you think he says that about a random Cardinals 4th round receiver?

No slight on Aikman but if you to me made a thread last week saying “Noah Brown ran the best come back route ever in the NFL” we would’ve been laughed at.

Aikman is such a homer.

And I love it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I noticed it on Thanksgiving though.

Most analysts are still saying the Cowboys are average but Aikman was still being an optimist.

Maybe I’m imaging stuff but I notice a difference in him.

I hear ya. But then again. On thanksgiving the cowboys had already won 2 games and was playing well in that game, to take the division lead.

I think the main thing is, the cowboys have earned some praise the last few games. Had Dallas played poorly the last couple of weeks, I don’t think Aikman would be saying anything kind. Because they wouldn’t deserve it.

IceBowler

Reaction score
You'd have to line up 5 more "Homers" in the booth to counter act Buck. What a God Awful tool ...

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Aikman I don’t think is really a homer.

He obviously still loves the cowboys. But he is realistic.

If Dallas sucks. He calls it out.

The cowboys are on a 4 game winning streak and just beat one of the best teams in the league. They have earned his praise the last month.
He has ripped the team, Garrett and Jones many times. No way should he be labeled a homer. He calls it like he sees it.

robjay04

Reaction score
He has ripped the team, Garrett and Jones many times. No way should he be labeled a homer. He calls it like he sees it.

But he has had two second takes from Buck like Buck didn’t believe what he was saying...

“LVE is going to be an all time HOF caliber player”

“Noah Brown ran the best comeback route I ever seen”

If any fan made those comments, we would be called Homer’s by our own fans.

I’m not hating. I like it.

In a perfect world, Michael Irvin would fall every Cowboys game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But he has had two second takes from Buck like Buck didn’t believe what he was saying...

“LVE is going to be an all time HOF caliber player”

“Noah Brown ran the best comeback route I ever seen”

If any fan made those comments, we would be called Homer’s by our own fans.

I’m not hating. I like it.

In a perfect world, Michael Irvin would fall every Cowboys game.
I agree with the LVE comment.