Aikman on a roll! "Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'"

T-RO

Reaction score
It was going to pass anyways. Lets not kid ourselves. The revenue Arlington has gotten has probably tripled what they gave.

ATT deal was for 1.2billion.

My view: If the public pays for 1/3 of a facility...they should have 1/3 control of it's usage and receive 1/3 of the revenues. Anyways...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Even though I didn’t need to be reminded, but when he said “three playoff wins in 25 years” the gravity of how putrid this franchise has been in terms of on the field success really came into focus.

So true. We know they have been irrelevant but when you hear that it really sinks in.

lockster

Reaction score
Funny you use this as you point, but want to crush guys like Gregory Elliot, Dak, Lawrence, ect for their lives outside of the game. The double standard and hypocrisy today at a alltime high.

Ill fill you sheep into something, I sent a mod a PM lastnight that i was going to troll the trolls in this forum with some unpopular posts and thoughts to your posts and some of your own thoughts. Just to prove how some of you would react to somebody trolling you. Its been pure comedy to me because i see all of you crying bout my posting when you people do the same to posters who come here to post about the Cowboys and dont have somebody trolling you. Thanks for the laughs.

You have no idea how many post alerts i have had from that single troll post. Ive been amused by the responses. Some of you who i wont name are ridiculous. You bash Aikman when he was criticizing Romo, Dez, The OL, ect calling him a hack and whatnot, but As soon as he has a little critique of Jerry you all run on his jock. Total hypocrits.

I agree with Aikman 100% but i also dont blame Jerry for every little bad thing thats happened. He's given the players and coaches what they wanted and needed to be successful. They just havent delivered for him. So he's going to make a change. I just wrote that post to get some amusement, thanks.
This is a straw man argument if you think this pertains to me. The only things I criticize are things that pertain to the game. I don't believe in most things ppl. Do in their lives, I have a Christian world view, but because I do, I know that the NFL is not a good boys club. The things I criticize cowboys for, are things that destroy the team and football on general. Before you go too far, you had better go look up my posts and find the kind of things you say I type here. :) I also support the constitution, and trying to regulate ppl. Off the field , is non constitutional unless it's a religious institution that has a standard of moral behaviour that ppl have agreed to uphold as an employ. Govt Jobs and publically traded companies, have no legal right , it's sad the players won't stick together and take the NFL to the whipping shed over these things, bit then most ppl. Allow their employees to walk all over their constitutional rights. When I go to the doctor and they ask me private information that isn't a part of needed medicine info, I tell them , it's none of Ur business. Like them asking if you have weapons at home, and way more. :). I also disagree with posters here, but I don't call ppl. Bad names. You need to go find evidence to back up Ur claims here. :)

lockster

Reaction score
My view: If the public pays for 1/3 of a facility...they should have 1/3 control of it's usage and receive 1/3 of the revenues. Anyways...
I agree, public use of funding for stadiums should benefit the taxpayer, or no Deal. These billionaires getting the public to fund their businesses is corrupt, unless the public gets their share.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This is a straw man argument if you think this pertains to me. The only things I criticize are things that pertain to the game. I don't believe in most things ppl. Do in their lives, I have a Christian world view, but because I do, I know that the NFL is not a good boys club. The things I criticize cowboys for, are things that destroy the team and football on general. Before you go too far, you had better go look up my posts and find the kind of things you say I type here. :) I also support the constitution, and trying to regulate ppl. Off the field , is non constitutional unless it's a religious institution that has a standard of moral behaviour that ppl have agreed to uphold as an employ. Govt Jobs and publically traded companies, have no legal right , it's sad the players won't stick together and take the NFL to the whipping shed over these things, bit then most ppl. Allow their employees to walk all over their constitutional rights. When I go to the doctor and they ask me private information that isn't a part of needed medicine info, I tell them , it's none of Ur business. Like them asking if you have weapons at home, and way more. :). I also disagree with posters here, but I don't call ppl. Bad names. You need to go find evidence to back up Ur claims here. :)

Shouldnt have used your post as a quote, but those that know who im talking bout know. Im guessing a post like that coming from me got some people off guard because i dont post that way. So my apology if it came off as me saying that to you. But it was in general to the trolls.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Wasnt he a very unpopular guy?

it was lady (Laura Miller) and a lot of folks were pretty pissed she was so instrumental in keeping the Cowboys out of Dallas. I'm not convinced jeri was that serious about moving the team to Dallas and just used the Dallas move as leverage with Arlington but thats just my speculation.

Had the Cowboys moved to Fair Park (where the Cotton Bowl used to be and the Texas/OU game is currently), it would have been a fantastic location and it would have taken the management and financial burden from the city and put it in the hands of a guy like Jerry who would have redeveloped Fair Park and caused the surrounding area to boom, all while creating huge tax revenues for the city in the process.

But folks got worked up and demonized the whole idea of businesses getting a break so Fair Park remains a largely unchanged, expensive burden for tax payers and the Cowboys are in Arlington

~sigh~

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
it was lady (Laura Miller) and a lot of folks were pretty pissed she was so instrumental in keeping the Cowboys out of Dallas. I'm not convinced jeri was that serious about moving the team to Dallas and just used the Dallas move as leverage with Arlington but thats just my speculation.

Had the Cowboys moved to Fair Park (where the Cotton Bowl used to be and the Texas/OU game is currently), it would have been a fantastic location and it would have taken the management and financial burden from the city and put in the hands of a guy like Jerry who would have redeveloped Fair Park and caused the surrounding area to boom, all while creating huge tax revenues for the city in the process.

But folks got worked up and demonized the whole idea of businesses getting a break so Fair Park remains a largely unchanged, expensive burden for tax payers and the Cowboys are in Arlington

~sigh~
yeah i corrected it, forgot it was actually a woman. She could've approved a 600mil project 5 yrs earlier than the 1.2 project it came out to be.

jnday

Reaction score
I am sure after 25 years of screw-ups, Jerry would have asked Troy by now if he wanted his opinion. I have a ton of respect for Aikman and his honesty, but his opinion will not be the reason for Jerry to change.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did they not have the players to win more playoff games? Maybe reach the superbowl? This is Jerry fault? The owners job is to give a coach what he needs on the field. Its the coaches, and the players fault they didnt get it done.

2007, 2014, 2016

Is it Jerrys fault Troy, Irving, and Moose had to retire? IN back to back yrs too. Started the ending of that era. You dont lose 3 HOFers in back to back yrs and not take yrs to come back.
Building the team is the GM's job. Seriously, how can some of you not get this?

kskboys

Reaction score
Well when you lose 3 HOF(Troy, Irvin, Moose) in back to back yrs Its going to take some time to get back what you lost.

IN 1999 Irvin's career was ended, and Moose retired at the end of the yr.
Feb Jerry traded for Joey Galloway, to replace Irving. At the time Galloway was the most fear deep threat in the NFL, he' was basically the Tyreke Hill of that time.
2000 Galloway gets injured early, and then Aikman's career is ended. Erik Williams was gone.

I dont think some of the posters here today remember just how good Galloway was, he just had bad luck in Dallas, but he was brought in to replace Irvin.

In the first 4 yrs of his career Galloway
4000+yrds 36 tds

So yes, Jerry had to give up hefty for him. Who knew he would go down and Aikmans career was going to end on 1 hit by Arrington.

Now from this point Jerry didnt have RD1 picks from the galloway deal, so they had a few yrs were it got tough, So Jerry went outside of his comfort zone and got Parcells who was praised by everybody. But he failed, Jerry had relinquished control and Parcells failed. He built up some talent but he couldnt relate to them. So he bailed.

Phillips stepped in and went 13-3, Dallas had the #3 offense and the #9 def. Jerry is to fault they couldnt get it done in 2007?

In 2009 Dallas had the #2 offense and again the #9 defense in the nfl. Again Jerry fault the players choke vs MIN?

IN 2014 Dallas ran over everybody literally. Jerry Fault the refs stole one from Dez?

IN 2016, Again Dallas ran over everybody literally, and again Jerrys Fault the refs missed 3 guys holding David Irving right in front of a ref and in front of Aaron Rogers?

I hate when people think Jerry has not built winners, but nobody other than Jerry to blame that they didnt get it done.
Man, you just cannot be this dense. Jerry is responsible for both the coaching and the players brought in. How in the world can it NOT be on him?

kskboys

Reaction score
So Jerry’s selection of HC had nothing to do with his GM capabilities? Sorry, but if Aikman isn’t calling out Garrett, then this is meaningless...

plus, everybody was saying this was one of the most talented roster in football, meaning you can’t blame the GM this time around. During close to 20 of those last 25 years, we knew the rosters were garbage.
This GM handpicked the coach. Hmm......

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ATT deal was for 1.2billion.
so is that passed on to their customers?? lol
I wonder what they think that does for their business??
many people dont like cowboys or jones, so would they then be inclined to not use att products?
Have anyone here ever changed to a product that due to a cowboy player endorsing product, or is official sponser
of cowboys, like papa johns etc. or did any of u switch to att because it is att stadium?
Can att write that off as tax deduction?

I have never bought anything because a cowboy endorsed it, or any other celebrity, has anyone here
done that, I might just be an oddball lol.