Aikman on a roll! "Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'"

yimyammer

Reaction score
ATT deal was for 1.2billion.

Where did you come up with 1.2B?

I thought 1.2B** sounded extremely high so I did a search and this article said it was for 19 million per year on a 20 year contract which would equal 380 million.

Is there more to the deal I'm not seeing?

** - IIRC, 1.2B was the original estimated cost of the stadium

catiii

Reaction score
so is that passed on to their customers?? lol
I wonder what they think that does for their business??
many people dont like cowboys or jones, so would they then be inclined to not use att products?
Have anyone here ever changed to a product that due to a cowboy player endorsing product, or is official sponser
of cowboys, like papa johns etc. or did any of u switch to att because it is att stadium?
Can att write that off as tax deduction?

I have never bought anything because a cowboy endorsed it, or any other celebrity, has anyone here
done that, I might just be an oddball lol.
I wouldn't use their products anyway, regardless of the Cowboy's endorsement (by way of bribe.) They only survive because of the
monopoly they enjoy with another equally-as-bad "competitor" with whom I'm sure they have "agreements."
I really hate public sport venues now being named after corporations. Welcome to "1984."
Jerry could afford to name Cowboys Stadium (see what I did there?) whatever he wanted but instead took the corporate bribe.

Last edited:

lockster

Reaction score
Where did you come up with 1.2B?

I thought 1.2B** sounded extremely high so I did a search and this article said it was for 19 million per year on a 20 year contract which would equal 380 million.

Is there more to the deal I'm not seeing?

** - IIRC, 1.2B was the original estimated cost of the stadium
Jerry paid the rest of the 1.3 billion , then paid more as they've invested over 1.5 and more last report I've read. This was probably one of the few stadium deals that's actually paid off for the taxpayer, but I'm not sure of how many private businesses are still owned around the stadium by someone not named Jones. Lol. I also don't know the interest paid by Jones for the loan. But boy, a bunch of events have come there.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jerry paid the rest of the 1.3 billion , then paid more as they've invested over 1.5 and more last report I've read. This was probably one of the few stadium deals that's actually paid off for the taxpayer, but I'm not sure of how many private businesses are still owned around the stadium by someone not named Jones. Lol. I also don't know the interest paid by Jones for the loan. But boy, a bunch of events have come there.

that's cool and all but has nothing to do with my question, I'm trying to find out how Latin came up with the claim AT&T is paying 1.2B for the naming rights of the stadium

lockster

Reaction score
that's cool and all but has nothing to do with my question, I'm trying to find out how Latin came up with the claim AT&T is paying 1.2B for the naming rights of the stadium
I don't know that one. I forgot the figure they paid. I can't stand att. They are like Walmart, want to own the whole world. Lol

yimyammer

Reaction score
I don't know that one. I forgot the figure they paid. I can't stand att. They are like Walmart, want to own the whole world. Lol

cant stand AT&T either but I feel stuck with them

I think we should put them to good use by sentencing non violent offenders to 8 hours of AT&T technical support per day in order to help cut down on prison over crowding

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, When fans say, “Jerry owns the team...he can do whatever he wants with it”, they are perpetuating the problem. Yes, we all know Jerry paid $147 mil for the Cowboys in ‘89, so technically he can drive this franchise off a cliff if he wants to.

But shouldn't we also say that’s stupid? There’s a reason 30 of the 32 owners in this league hire real football people to run their organizations. It’s why the last 23 Super Bowls have been won by owners who hire football people.

Jerry is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. Sure Garrett is a bad coach. But without changing how this franchise is run and just turning around and hiring another coach with the same culture and habits...it’s like a new paint job on. The Titanic. There will always be an iceberg. We’ve had nearly a quarter century of icebergs with 6 different coaches. And ONE GM.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wouldn't use their products anyway, regardless of the Cowboy's endorsement (by way of bribe.) They only survive because of the
monopoly they enjoy with another equally-as-bad "competitor" with whom I'm sure they have "agreements."
I really hate public sport venues now being named after corporations. Welcome to "1984."
Jerry could afford to name Cowboys Stadium (see what I did there?) whatever he wanted but instead took the corporate bribe.
Or if he was really hip he would have called it "The Death Star" !!!! That would be pretty cool.