Twitter: Aikman on Dak: "I say pay the man"

HungryLion

Reaction score
How do you figure? What have Wentz, Cousins, or Jimmy G done to earn that much money? That's the market price.

He doesn’t figure. He just doesn’t know what’s realistic and how the NFL works.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Don't pay him if he's going to turn into a worthless, unmotivated punk like Zeke.

MyUserName

Reaction score
Do you believe in Santa Clause? Which of those guys have performed better than Dak?
You keep circling back to market based pay...and I already told you I believe in performance/accomplishment based.

Could care less that other teams overpay for their players.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
You keep circling back to market based pay...and I already told you I believe in performance/accomplishment based.

Could care less that other teams overpay for their players.

You may believe in it, but the NFL doesn't...and since you are not managing a team, it really doesn't matter if you believe in it.

MyUserName

Reaction score
You may believe in it, but the NFL doesn't...and since you are not managing a team, it really doesn't matter if you believe in it.
I was answering the other poster's specific question...which was specifically why I believe Dak isn't worth "market value"

I don't believe in honoring "market value"....I believe in performance/accomplishment based pay.

Just because another team is okay overpaying for mediocrity doesn't mean we have too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
QB who can't beat a winning team when he has "the most talent he's ever had" around him. Right.

Franchise tag him, that's a lot of guaranteed money and enough to set up a dude for life. No reason to feel bad about doing it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak had 1 rush for 4 yards. It’s time to stop giving him credit for athleticism, or that,” he makes plays with his legs to avoid the rush”...he played below average and should take a lesson from Lamar Jackson on how to play to win against the Big Boys.........but Dakota can sure beat up on the losing team some with weak defenses

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Troy is the man. I always loved him and always will.

That being said. I always thought he was wrong about the accuracy thing. Some QB’s can improve accuracy, depending on what is causing the inaccuracy.

You can with proper mechanics but even with that you have to have some natural talent to hit that window consistently.