Video: Aikman on Eisen says Coaching is not the problem with the Cowboys

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can't say I disagree with him. There were opportunities for us against San Francisco where we simply failed to execute. The play was there, but we just didn't make it. Could the coaching have been better? No doubt. But you set up plays that you practice and then miss on the chances. There are a handful of plays, particularly on offense, if we better execute them that may have changed the outcome.

slick325

Reaction score
Aikman has been saying for years what the problem is in Dallas. He played thru the problem, so is speaking from a point of view fans will never understand. Dallas has issues with coaching but, much like the talent, it will not be a season killer. The problem is elsewhere IMHO.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I think the players deserve the bulk of the blame this season. There was an arrogance of a we can turn it on when we want to type of attitude. And one would think a hc and his staff would try to work that out of the system. As for the question of what’s missing to me it’s leadership and it’s tough to be a buddy and the guy who has to get on someone for slacking. Hopefully Micah can walk that line where dak faltered this year.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Also my point above is reflected in Troy Emmitt and Deion’s responses to the what’s wrong in Dallas questions.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't think you can criticize the defensive coaching. By the end of October they were the better unit continuing to improve.

Dak's play after the calf injury was erratic at best. In three months, we all saw Dak making the same mechanical mistakes through to that last awkward desperate heave.

In 2019 and 2021 Moore has had an active Prescott and we have seen motion, misdirection, RPO, WCO plays in September that are completely out by the end of October. We see an extraordinary amount of false starts, illegal motions, holds, and fumbles. What is interesting to me is the devolution has happened under both Garrett and MM.

I'm not interested in playing the blame game. These are problems that need to be fixed.

Verdict

Reaction score
I can't say I disagree with him. There were opportunities for us against San Francisco where we simply failed to execute. The play was there, but we just didn't make it. Could the coaching have been better? No doubt. But you set up plays that you practice and then miss on the chances. There are a handful of plays, particularly on offense, if we better execute them that may have changed the outcome.
I’m not a Dak basher but he has a tendency to throw passes behind receivers or in the dirt at critical times which kill drives. I am quite sure that’s not a coaching issue.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Players have the best sports technology ever, well paid salaries to support their family, terrific working conditions, high tech research and coaching tools including multimedia, the best healthcare and rehab options available… the more I think about it, the more it’s hard not to put the blame squarely on the players these days.

I still think Jerry sold his soul for those 3 Super Bowl rings sometimes. Like Aikman said, there have been a lot of good winning seasons, you would think at least once we would go further.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The #1 problem with the Cowboys begins and ends with its dysfunctional management!
Neither Jerry, nor Stephen, is the answer. :banghead: Of course, this isn't anything new! :cool:

Let's face it -- Troy Aikman knows it, Michael Irvin knows it and so does so many others.

Last edited: