Video: Aikman on why he left the Cowboys - never hear this before

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Where did the rumors Aikman was gay come from?

Bit before my Cowboys Fandom commenced.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The whole reason he broke down late in his career was all the hits he took early in it. During the height of the Cowboy dynasty there was no other QB I would have rather had.
He also took a ton of hits from 97-99 that rapidly curtailed his career. Watch the 97 game at home vs Chicago. Clay Shiver just about got him killed. The failure to adequately replace Stepnoski/Donaldson is an underrated factor not a lot of people talk about.

They got Step back in 99, but he was on the downside at that point.

Big D

Reaction score
Where did the rumors Aikman was gay come from?

Bit before my Cowboys Fandom commenced.
giphy.gif

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
No it didn't. We went to the NFCCG and won the Superbowl the following year after the NFCCG loss. We almost won 2 rings without Jimmy.
They WIN two SB's with Jimmy in 94-95 imo. A four-peat. And SB 30 is a Cowboys blowout win with Jimmy. That game should never have been close.

And heck, maybe they don't underachieve during the regular season in 96. Get a first round bye. Who knows what happens.

No Jimmy in the SF game cost them in 94. That's for certain. That team came out unprepared.

Big D

Reaction score
I researched this after seeing his punchable face here.

Can't believe Bayless is allowed on TV after that.
Yeah He's got America fooled with all of his 'my cowboys' and 'we' all the time. I can't believe he's allowed into Texas!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yeah He's got America fooled with all of his 'my cowboys' and 'we' all the time. I can't believe he's allowed into Texas!
Right? I’m not sure how this guy turned into the world‘s biggest Cowboys Fan because when I lived in Dallas, he was the first guy a Cowboys Fan would kick the $#@! out of. And from what I hear,Troy Aikman and Mark Tuinei almost did do it.

Big D

Reaction score
Right? I’m not sure how this guy turned into the world‘s biggest Cowboys Fan because when I lived in Dallas, he was the first guy a Cowboys Fan would kick the $#@! out of. And from what I hear,Troy Aikman and Mark Tuinei almost did do it.
I would like to see a one on one interview with him and Troy. It would be Rome / Everett pt2. :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would like to see a one on one interview with him and Troy. It would be Rome / Everett pt2. :laugh:
The problem with a guy like that is he’s so small and NFL players are so big, you’re never going to win. You’re going to look like the bad guy and the bully from the start, even if you’re in the right. Just have to be the better man which it sounds like Troy Aikman decided to do, but I still crack up reading about that story when Tuey and the other big guys pulled in Skip Bayless to talk to him with Aikman. Bayless must’ve had to clean out his pants after that. LOL