Aikman on why he retired

How is that different than what I said? He was great until he wasn't. But some posters here think he left here with his full body in tact and could have walked into any other organization and taken them to the superbowl. On top of that they think just because he was a hall of famer and broadcaster that he could walk in and be the greatest GM in the history of GMs.
Yea and Manning's last year in Denver was awful. Doesn't mean he wasn't one of the greatest qbs of all time. Very few great qbs go out great. I don't think nobody in this thread mentioned him as gm here. Though I think there are many on the Zone that could do better than Jerry.
 
I heard Aikman quit because of the concussions.
That is true. In those last years, Aikman couldn't take a hit anymore without being injured. I think he wants to think he quit for reasons other than health, but his body made the choice for him.
 
He was toast at the end of his career.He should have retired earlier than he did.
 
Yea and Manning's last year in Denver was awful. Doesn't mean he wasn't one of the greatest qbs of all time. Very few great qbs go out great. I don't think nobody in this thread mentioned him as gm here. Though I think there are many on the Zone that could do better than Jerry.
Just giving a full account. I mentioned he was great. Then he wasn't. His body gave out. Like I said.
 
It was time for Aikman to retire. A simple blow to the helmet put him out f the game. For his own health he needed to quit. Romo was the same. Any hit broke a bone somewhere. When you become that fragile it is time to hang 'em up.
 
I think the most interesting part of this is that he intended to keep playing and would have if Norv Turner had signed him in San Diego, then he almost got Miami. What stands out to me was Aikman was driven away from the Cowboys organization because of their bad decisions.

The part that made me cringe was that he got an offer to play for the Eagles. Thank God he turned that one down. That would have been really sickening to see him in an Eagles uniform. I've cringed when I saw Cowboys players in another team's uniform as follows:

John Niland in an Eagles uniform.
Calvin Hill in a Washington uniform.
Herschel Walker in an Eagles uniform.
Ken Norton Jr. in a 49ers uniform.

Thank God I was spared seeing Aikman in an Eagles uniform.


We released him in 2001. He didn't retire from the team.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,154
Messages
14,670,004
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top