Twitter: Aikman puts Mahomes in his place

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed yesterday and from highlights today. I was going to post at some point.

Mahomes is starting to remind me on the cockiness level of Cam Newton.
Almost Arrogant with on the field antics. Not quite as bad, but a sign of it.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday and from highlights today. I was going to post at some point.

Wouldn’t you be cocky if you were him? Dude has lit the league up and is only in his second year. Imagine if Baker Mayfield wasn’t such a scrub this year...

JBond

Reaction score

Not at all. The kid can play and has been humble despite his success. He also goes out of his way to support other local pro franchises. He was at the MLS Sporting KC game the night before kicking some *** in a noon game Sunday.

JBond

Reaction score
This the same aikman that said accuracy cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. Dak has proven otherwise. Troy's an arrogant redneck. But he's got buck to stroke his ego. "I'm here with the hall of famer".........
Bless his heart...

The poor lad must have bumped his head.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I think this was rather small of Aikman. He didn't win a Super Bowl until his 4th year in the league, either, so he technically had no Lombardis at this same time point in Mahomes' career, an NFL starting-QB sophomore.

Not to mention that Aikman's Cowboys were far more loaded, talent-wise, than Mahomes' Chiefs.

Just give the young guy credit and praise him. He's lighting up the game. He is the Stephen Curry of football.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score

Cam Newton was never in the same damn solar system as Mahomes. That guy is just nutty good. Generational good. I'd be pretty damn cocky too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not at all. The kid can play and has been humble despite his success. He also goes out of his way to support other local pro franchises. He was at the MLS Sporting KC game the night before kicking some *** in a noon game Sunday.

Well, if he fancies European-style football (aka soccer), then he is absolutely going to be delighted when he plays at Wembley. There's not really many stadiums like it.

JBond

Reaction score
Well, if he fancies European-style football (aka soccer), then he is absolutely going to be delighted when he plays at Wembley. There's not really many stadiums like it.
I have a euro trip planned for the next spring break. Alas, will miss the EU stepchild again. Headed to Italy.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
This the same aikman that said accuracy cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't. Dak has proven otherwise. Troy's an arrogant redneck. But he's got buck to stroke his ego. "I'm here with the hall of famer".........
He won 3 super bowls for us, and he did so playing beautifully. And you are calling him an arrogant redneck?! His point was simple, that throwing so many TD's is meaningless if it does not translate to super bowl victories. In fact in Mahomes case I think it is a sign of an imbalanced offense. I'll take the balance of Dallas's offense from Aikman's era and todays team, every time.

JBond

Reaction score
He won 3 super bowls for us, and he did so playing beautifully. And you are calling him an arrogant redneck?! His point was simple, that throwing so many TD's is meaningless if it does not translate to super bowl victories. In fact in Mahomes case I think it is a sign of an imbalanced offense. I'll take the balance of Dallas's offense from Aikman's era and todays team, every time.
To be honest I absolutely believe Mahomes is the best QB in the league. It really isn't debatable. I love my Cowboys! They are the better overall team.