Twitter: Aikman puts Mahomes in his place

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think this was rather small of Aikman. He didn't win a Super Bowl until his 4th year in the league, either, so he technically had no Lombardis at this same time point in Mahomes' career, an NFL starting-QB sophomore.

Not to mention that Aikman's Cowboys were far more loaded, talent-wise, than Mahomes' Chiefs.

Just give the young guy credit and praise him. He's lighting up the game. He is the Stephen Curry of football.
Yeah,and that whole "in only 8% of his games" would've invariably ratcheted down the ol' subconscious sphincter clench,on any front-runner

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Send me something! I've only crossed the pond for business and never got to do anything!
Now that I'm considering an early retirement... I would love some pointers.

Right-o, I sent you one. It's quite long, but I think you'll find it very informative. And anyone else requesting travel tips, feel free to ask me (I should really start my own travel guide business haha).

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So he put Mahomes in his place when Mahomes never said a word? The KC paper that decided to take a swipe at Troy for some strange reason (Mahomes is shattering records of lots of previous SB winners) certainly deserved it. I do believe that Troy's comments were aimed more at the schmuck that wrote the article than it was at Pat.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think this was rather small of Aikman. He didn't win a Super Bowl until his 4th year in the league, either, so he technically had no Lombardis at this same time point in Mahomes' career, an NFL starting-QB sophomore.

Not to mention that Aikman's Cowboys were far more loaded, talent-wise, than Mahomes' Chiefs.

Just give the young guy credit and praise him. He's lighting up the game. He is the Stephen Curry of football.

He probably shouldn't have said it because Mahomes is an innocent in all of this. But you really can't use the more loaded argument. Aikman's opponents were loaded too. Patrick is not going to ever face a '92 49ers team. Hell, not even a '92 Bills team. One could argue that the team Mahomes has at full strength is better than Aikman's relatively speaking throughout the league. Or very similar in that their clear opponent is the Patriots.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I dont like that Super Bowl wins, bottom line mentality because that makes Eli look like a Hall of Famer and I think Eli had a very mediocre career from start to finish

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Aikman is arguably our best qb ever(I'd put Staubach as #1) and the disrespect shown by some of yall just reinforce my get off my lawn attitude towards you frigging idiots
your post started off ok then you went way downhill dude, lol You could have made your point in a more classy way