Twitter: Aikman Rips Coaches

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Troy had his best Cowboys broadcast yesterday. Direct and to the point. No minced words. Standing up for the blown tripping call was just icing on the cake. I guess the league can send an apology memo and Dallas can frame it next to the one from the Dez catch three years after the fact.

Otto65

Reaction score
Is Jerry Jones the most stubborn owner in the NFL? You bet he is. Jerry do the right thing. Fire Garrett before the Buffalo game. You are 6-5 with Garrett this year. 6-5 with the players on this roster is unacceptable! In any other division in the NFC, the Cowboys would be in 2nd or 3rd place with a very small window to make the playoffs. Fire Garrett now and give the team a spark to win the next 5 games.

Reactions: BAT

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Troy had his best Cowboys broadcast yesterday. Direct and to the point. No minced words. Standing up for the blown tripping call was just icing on the cake. I guess the league can send an apology memo and Dallas can frame it next to the one from the Dez catch three years after the fact.

And place it next to the burlap sack with Jason Garrett in it.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe it was because of what he said, but I thought this was Troy's best day commentating on a Cowboys game.
Yeah, I don't usually like Troy's commentary, but yesterday he was spot on!! Calling out our coaches was the best thing he's ever done in the broadcast booth!! And his comment to Mike Peirera on the tripping call was priceless! :thumbup:

Reactions: BAT

Silly

Reaction score
I forgot about the Pollard muff. LOL. Every time the Pats kicked that direction, the ball fell well short of the goal line. But there is Pollard, yet again, standing on the goal line trying to run up 20 yards to catch a kick.

LOL.

I noticed that dallas never kicked short. Perfect opportunity for a fumble and JG has the ball kicked into the endzone

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Actually Aikman was ripping the FG call primarily because of a scenario "if we missed the attempt" - That's a reasonable critique but it wasn't scathing.

He was far more perturbed by Pollard - that's entirely on the ST coach. He needs to be in the rookie's ear on that.