Aikman showed again why he’s the top analyst

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Top analyst? For Sports Illustrated yes. Other websites beg to differ. If Romo & Nantz did FOX, Aikman wouldn't be #1.

I loathe Aikman, when doing Dallas games especially vs Egals he does nothing but mock them endlessly. Look out when he has a few in him. He gets worse. Both Buck & Aikman admitted to drinking doing games on FOX.

Nantz & Romo are my favorites as well as many other websites. Romo calls plays before they even happen. He's a natural. That's why CBS gave him an obnoxious raise to stay put.

Thank goodness Aikman' leaving FOX for Amazon streaming Thursday Night Football. Can't wait to see how Sean Payton does with Buck on FOX.

Here's the video/drunks in case SOME of you question their drinking. A picture tells a thousand....

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I like Aikman and Buck as long as they aren't calling the Cowboys Game, something about when they do call our games that irks me even if we win. I think it is more Buck that gets under my skin because he is not a football guy so I am constantly telling him to shut up (thru the tv)

agree. But I did think Bucks tv show interviews were pretty good, though

shabazz

Reaction score
Top analyst? For Sports Illustrated yes. Other websites beg to differ. I loathe Aikman, when doing Dallas games especially vs Egals he does nothing but mock them endlessly. Look out when he has a few in him. He gets worse. Both Buck & Aikman asmittwd to drinking doing games in FOX.

Nantz & Romo are my favorites as well as many other websites. Romo calls plays before they even happen. He's a natural. That's why CBS gave him an obnoxious raise to stay put.

Thank goodness Aikman' leaving FOX for Amazon streaming Thursday Night Football. Can't wait to see how Sean Payton does with Buck on FOX.

yup, he’s paid #1 money for a reason…..and Troy doesn’t have Romos dimples either.

dckid

Reaction score
With FOX and Amazon reportedly battling for Troy Aikman’s services, the longtime analyst picked the perfect time to have a masterful performance in the booth.

Aikman has become the best NFL analyst on television, and all of his skills were on display during the Rams 20-17 NFC title game win against the Niners on Sunday.

What makes Aikman stand out against all the other top analysts is simple: While most color commentators are afraid to criticize anybody or anything, Aikman will let the critiques fly at all times. But he does it fairly and professionally. No snark, no over-the-top attacks, just straight-forward commentary.

full story below

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...sXABIRt1fKF05hKwNJ8jwDQIkL9U_syLm7wWBfHxyqyZc
I think Aikman has become a lot more critical more recently. I think Romo is great especially when he first started as he came with the joy and glee of a fan.
Troy is just rock solid and who can forget the QB who took us to 3 SB wins.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Love Troy, the best today. Just like Jay Bilas in basketball no matter the team Keeps it real and some fans hate them for it, like dook can’t stand Jay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Aikman has become a lot more critical more recently. I think Romo is great especially when he first started as he came with the joy and glee of a fan.
Troy is just rock solid and who can forget the QB who took us to 3 SB wins.
Yep

Its only the homers who don’t appreciate Aikman . As usual they’ll bash anyone who critique’s.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some things can't be taught. Romo was good from day 1 and so was Aikman. So, was Moose. Some guys just think fast on their feet and can verbalize it. Others can't. Witten had no talent for this kind of work at all.
So you think these guys had no training and day one was the first time you heard them?

Aikman got his training doing Europe ball and I do not agree that Rome was or is good.

Witten was totally lost and a 3 man crew is a mess to begin with. Griese and Riddick were fighting for attention and it became clear there was some tension building between the two of them.