Aikman showed again why he’s the top analyst

MarcusRock

Reaction score
One thing I will say about Troy is that people are choosing to remember the good.. which is fine.. but there has definitely been times when he went overboard against the Cowboys.. Maybe not overtly but there has been dozens of times when a team would get away with an egregious penalty against the Cowboys and Troy and Joe would not utter a word but then the Cowboys would get away with a penalty and they would bend over backwards to let you know that "the Cowboys got away with one." Often in the same game.

You've said this before and I gave you a cold, hard example of where Troy sounded like he wanted to kick Pereira's tail for trying to endorse those tripping penalties vs. New England a few years back (see below). Where are your examples? Why are there never examples from the hazy "bias/conspiracy" crew? I think you're in that Cowboys homer category the OP and others have mentioned.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
With FOX and Amazon reportedly battling for Troy Aikman’s services, the longtime analyst picked the perfect time to have a masterful performance in the booth.

Aikman has become the best NFL analyst on television, and all of his skills were on display during the Rams 20-17 NFC title game win against the Niners on Sunday.

What makes Aikman stand out against all the other top analysts is simple: While most color commentators are afraid to criticize anybody or anything, Aikman will let the critiques fly at all times. But he does it fairly and professionally. No snark, no over-the-top attacks, just straight-forward commentary.

full story below

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20...sXABIRt1fKF05hKwNJ8jwDQIkL9U_syLm7wWBfHxyqyZc
Aikman is definitely non biased, and I respect that about him.
He gives deserving praise when and where it is deserved, but he has zero obligation to withhold his negative opinions as well, and his opinions have been rather point on.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You've said this before and I gave you a cold, hard example of where Troy sounded like he wanted to kick Pereira's tail for trying to endorse those tripping penalties vs. New England a few years back (see below). Where are your examples? Why are there never examples from the hazy "bias/conspiracy" crew? I think you're in that Cowboys homer category the OP and others have mentioned.

Maybe that "crew" is not as desperate to be right about the Cowboys being screwed as you are to proclaim they're not. Maybe they know that they could provide you with hundreds of examples and you would see them through whatever colored glasses people like you see things and dismiss them anyway so they rightfully conclude you're not worth the effort.. Just a theory though.. I have no proof that they don't bother.. except.. you know... the fact that they don't bother..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Maybe that "crew" is not as desperate to be right about the Cowboys being screwed as you are to proclaim they're not. Maybe they know that they could provide you with hundreds of examples and you would see them through whatever colored glasses people like you see things and dismiss them anyway so they rightfully conclude you're not worth the effort.. Just a theory though.. I have no proof that they don't bother.. except.. you know... the fact that they don't bother..

Hundreds of examples and yet never attempt a single one. My point is they just don't, period, except for haze that magically never has concrete proof. On the bold above, oh the irony considering the evidence I actually provided to the contrary of said haze. Please tell me your last name is Simpson, Homer. Lol.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I really enjoy Aikman's commentary but I cannot stand Joe "that's a disgusting act" Buck.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The A-Team is my favorite and I like Troy but he says some stupid things. Like Zeke is a threat to take it to the house at any time when he hasn’t taken it to the house in forever. Also said Murray had nothing but end zone ahead on his fumble against GB in 2014 but Clinton-Dix was in the secondary waiting for him.