Ailing Eddie Van Halen gets visits from ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by lukin2006, Oct 12, 2019 at 7:37 AM.

1. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

7,522 Messages
    13,571 Likes Received
    Idgit likes this.
  2. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

18,105 Messages
    34,694 Likes Received
    "Sources tell gossip writer....."

JohnnyTheFox likes this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

75,950 Messages
    42,630 Likes Received
    I want to know the real truth, but this doesn't sound good.

4. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    There have been conflicting reports that he may/or my not have health issues. David Lee Roth has stated that VH in its original form would never be seen again. Communicating with the fans has never been the brothers Van Halen strong point, will wait until official word.

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. Runwildboys

18,105 Messages
    34,694 Likes Received
    Roth does interviews like a meth head. He'll say something one week, then something completely different the next week. He just likes the attention.

DeathMonkey and MichaelWinicki like this.
  6. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    Don't think he likes the attention, and has been pretty consistent with what he says. He unlike the brothers at least communicates with the fans. The brothers are nothing but total silence and have been this way for years and years.

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  7. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    And would like to add most of these "reports" have come from less than reputable websites. AJ Benza really:laugh::laugh:
    Anyways wish there was at least some official word on his health status be it good or bad.

Runwildboys likes this.
  8. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

3,584 Messages
    3,898 Likes Received
    Hope he gets well.

JohnnyTheFox, Runwildboys and Rockdoc like this.
  9. Runwildboys

18,105 Messages
    34,694 Likes Received
    C'mon, you really don't think one of the most outspoken, flamboyant front men to ever stand in front of a stadium full of people likes the attention?

JohnnyTheFox and DeathMonkey like this.
  10. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    I read his biography and he says its the way he has been his whole life but ya I am sure he does love the attention. I am sure if he were born today his parents may have him on some type of medication. As for Edward I do hope he is ok, I have seen this rumor on several different so you know he has to be aware of it. I would think he would announce he is healthy or is not and is in need of prayers. The silence makes me suspicious but its pretty much the way the 2 brothers have always been.

Runwildboys likes this.
  11. Runwildboys

18,105 Messages
    34,694 Likes Received
    I agree, Eddie is one of my favorite guitarists of all time, and part of that is because he always looked like he was having so much fun playing. I truly hope whatever is going on, he beats the Hell out of it, but I understand his preference for privacy.

12. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    Me too, and people deal with stuff like that in different ways. Some are silent and some go public.

The 1st time I saw the band was the summer of 79 at the Civic Center here, only about 2000 people in attendance and the ticket was 6 bucks. Even thought they weren't as big as they were to become a few years down the road they were totally on and just blew the crowd away. My first concert and was totally amazing.

I was in the crowd but a little bit towards the back, buncha pics online of the show taken by local boy rock photog Richard Galbraith

[​IMG]

Runwildboys likes this.
  13. Runwildboys

18,105 Messages
    34,694 Likes Received
    I never saw them with Dave, but I did see them with Sammy, around '98. It was an outdoor concert, and for part of it, it was pouring rain, thunder and lightning, but Sammy said, "If you have to be out here, we're gonna be out here with you!", and they kept playing. It was awesome, even in the storm.

Idgit and JohnnyTheFox like this.
  14. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack Zone Supporter

18,449 Messages
    19,408 Likes Received
    Van Halen was just a little bit before my time but not by much. I didn’t fully appreciate them until after the fact. But, I used to love drawing the VH symbol on my book covers in junior high :laugh:

15. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,175 Messages
    28,697 Likes Received
    There's an article on Google this morning about Hagar trying to write with Alex and Eddie chain smoking in their 5150 studio and he'd have to shower when he got home to get the stink off and he wrote a lot of it in the shower. The rumor is the tongue cancer has returned but they're not releasing much information.

That band, both versions, will always have a special place in my heart as I credit them with bringing Rock back because it was struggling and I can recall the first time I heard them filling my car up when "You Really Got Me", one of my favorite 60's songs from the Kinks, came on and I got back inn the car and just listened and thought to myself 'what the hell is this and I gotta get me some more right now'. So I did.

I am not the VH purist some are, I like Hagar just as well as Roth and a hell of a lot better as a person. Roth was a great front man but a total male diva and the best reason for most rock stars staying the hell out of the media and remaining a mystery.

The one thing about VH that I always thought was way too underplayed was Michael Anthony, his backing vocals are every bit as much of the signature sound of VH as Eddie's playing style.

16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

12,159 Messages
    17,183 Likes Received
    Throat cancer? That's horrible..... Beth Chapman didn't last long after her diagnosis. It sounds like it spreads quickly. Prayers go out to him and his family.

Runwildboys and JohnnyTheFox like this.
  17. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received

Yes, they did bring rock back in a big way. At the time you had your established super groups, Stones/Zep/Pink Floyd/Who then you had disco and the beginnings of punk/new wave. When they released their first album in 78 it was totally unique. What a lot of people don't know is that they slaved away playing bars, back yard parties, etc for 4 years or so before they did that first album. We are talking doing 3 sets a night and getting paid 100$ bucks to split between the 4 guys.

CouchCoach and Runwildboys like this.
  18. JohnnyTheFox

5,803 Messages
    8,028 Likes Received
    Well I have heard and please let me remind you its unconfirmed that the cancer is back and spread to his lungs.

cowboy_ron likes this.