Video: Akoye Breaksdown Rams Offense

Qcard

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I said what I said. I'm like some of these comments are very different than what the video shows. I know it's different personnel but did we have much problem when McVay was the OC for Washington? I've honestly forgot and maybe he wasn't doing as much as he's doing now scheme wise.
No, McVay was not the OC at Washington. He was a position coach (TE not sure). But he was part of the coaching staff that designed RGIII prolific rookie season offensive scheme.
McVay is a new era coach. He adjusts to the personnel. I believe that is the reason young coaches are getting HC.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
I already don’t see Goff as good as everyone thinks he but after watching that video I think even less lol. McVay really has made Goff’s job so easy. It’s amazing how he basically runs an offense where he doesn’t even have to go through progressions. I’m sure defenses with eventually catch up to it but man as of right now I’m sure any half decent QB would look amazing in that scheme

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No, McVay was not the OC at Washington. He was a position coach (TE not sure). But he was part of the coaching staff that designed RGIII prolific rookie season offensive scheme.
McVay is a new era coach. He adjusts to the personnel. I believe that is the reason young coaches are getting HC.
Googles your friend bruh and if you don't know what that means it means you don't know what you're talking about on this topic.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Rams offense on 3rd downs will be key ; the Boys might do well bringing in Lewis to cover Gurley like he did Kamara in their win over the Saints.......

Qcard

Reaction score
Googles your friend bruh and if you don't know what that means it means you don't know what you're talking about on this topic.
I stated I am "Not sure" of which positional coach position McVay held.

But I "do know"McVay was a positional coach with Commanders during RGIII rookie season.

I do know what I am talking about, do you?

Do you dispute the fact that McVay was a positional coach with Commanders in RGIII rookie season?

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a few thoughts.

The video shows the Rams at home playing the Seahawks and the Rams on the road playing the Bear. The Rams blocking was significantly better at home. This is not a revelation of any kind. I think this is fundamentally whats home field advantage is. I am reading that a lot of Cowboys fans will be at this game in LA so perhaps the home field will not be as great for the Rams.

The Cowboys do not have a Hick type defensive tackle. I wish they did. Collins has been getting better, but how bad is his ankle? I love A. Woods, but he is no Hicks. The key to this game, IMO, is the pressure up the middle. If the Cowboys tackles can hold the point of attack and even get some penetration the defense will be alright. If they get blown off the ball like they did against the Colts they are in trouble.

Watching the Rams play the Seahawks reminded me of the last Cowboys-Rams game. In that game the Rams got a hat on every Cowboys player at the point of attack and gave Gurley room to run. Its the same thing the Colts were able to do. The Cowboys defenders must beat the blocks of the Rams TEs and receivers. If the Rams block like they did the last time, it will be a long day for the defense.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I stated I am "Not sure" of which positional coach position McVay held.

But I "do know"McVay was a positional coach with Commanders during RGIII rookie season.

I do know what I am talking about, do you?

Do you dispute the fact that McVay was a positional coach with Commanders in RGIII rookie season?
Are you not smart enough to know what you yourself posted smh. You posted No he wasn't the OC when he was. Smarten up. Why the hell would I dispute something I didn't even mention? Use that strawman bs on someone else.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
One thing I took away from the game against the Saints, I have total faith Rod and Kris are going to have our boyz ready to play, and with a scheme that negates what Geoff and the Rams do. We won't stop them, but then again, no one, and I mean NO one thought the Saints would only have 3 points after 3 qtrs. of play either. Be ready cowboy fans.... we are going to roll in LA!

Qcard

Reaction score
Are you not smart enough to know what you yourself posted smh. You posted No he wasn't the OC when he was. Smarten up. Why the hell would I dispute something I didn't even mention? Use that strawman bs on someone else.
You are 100% right. I knew he was a Positional coach but didn't know he Rose to OC.. My bad