Al Davis / Marcus Allen & Jerry Jones / Marion Barber

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Here's a shot at oldfo... I mean oldschool's keyboard...

http://i206.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb19/youdumbcat/EpicFail02.jpg

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I knew the minute I posted that I gave you all fodder.

Go ahead and have fun with it.

It'll be my reminder to not take myself too seriously.

Oh, and hello Rack. Just seeing your name always makes me smile.

Rack...the Curmudgeon-Balrock of the Cowboy posting world. I know I'm at home when I get welcomed with one of your snarls.

Hello back. :angry:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2488221 said:
Many of you already know this but orc Al Davis got into some tiff with Marcus Allen and even refused to play Marcus for a long stretch - right in the middle of Allen's prime.

We are talking about burying a HALL-OF-FAME BACK - over a contract. Humans engage in contentious contract negotiations-and forgive. Al Davis has a contract dispute and is henceforth never human to the player.

Not only did Davis penalize his own team and fans by depriving them of their best back but Davis pulled tons of petty crap on Allen. Marcus was pure class handling it and still won't talk much of it today, but reports by teammates and coaches tell it all. As powerful as Davis was--he remains the smallest man in Cali.

Well we know that Jerry has picked up strange pets in his day, and defended them irrationally. I'm just wondering if this is the beginning of a case where the irrationality is punitive and Barber gets some raw treatment.

In this case over absolutely no issue at all, merely one Jerry contrived in his own head.

Don't confuse any of this with my feelings about Tashard Choice. I think he's a great player, as is Felix. I'm glad the Cowboys have all of them. But Marion is the workhorse and he brings a special dimension.

http://i206.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb19/youdumbcat/EpicFail02.jpg

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I knew not to open this thread. Sat right here and said .....
self, don't open this thread.

I must have a dark side. Self mutilation would have been better than opening this thread.

newlander

Reaction score
Question for "Batman": what do you see in Stephen Jones that makes you think he'll be any different from JJ? (i.e.-that he'll hire a real GM and real head coach and let them do their JOBS) Honest question....no sarcasm. Probably the most disturbing thing about 'Hard Knocks' IMO was his behavior, attitude and overall demeanor. I hope to heck I'm wrong but he didn't come off as very impressive at all. But I'm very much hoping I'm wrong and you're right for the future of this franchise.

Reaction score
Vintage;2488283 said:
The irony of my quote is I have never smoked weed. And the only time I actually fired a gun, has been when I was wasted at a friend's house.

I just love me some Bone Thugs.

Dont front... Your down with Ja-Rule and Murda Inc.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2488221 said:
Many of you already know this but orc Al Davis got into some tiff with Marcus Allen and even refused to play Marcus for a long stretch - right in the middle of Allen's prime.

We are talking about burying a HALL-OF-FAME BACK - over a contract. Humans engage in contentious contract negotiations-and forgive. Al Davis has a contract dispute and is henceforth never human to the player.

Not only did Davis penalize his own team and fans by depriving them of their best back but Davis pulled tons of petty crap on Allen. Marcus was pure class handling it and still won't talk much of it today, but reports by teammates and coaches tell it all. As powerful as Davis was--he remains the smallest man in Cali.

Well we know that Jerry has picked up strange pets in his day, and defended them irrationally. I'm just wondering if this is the beginning of a case where the irrationality is punitive and Barber gets some raw treatment.

In this case over absolutely no issue at all, merely one Jerry contrived in his own head.

Don't confuse any of this with my feelings about Tashard Choice. I think he's a great player, as is Felix. I'm glad the Cowboys have all of them. But Marion is the workhorse and he brings a special dimension.

wow, one of these :rolleyes: just doesnt seem appropriate

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2488744 said:
Dont front... Your down with Ja-Rule and Murda Inc.

ROFL....

Well played sir.

Ain't it spelled M-U-R-E-D-R Inc? I forgot how he butchered the spelling in one of his diss tracks.