Al Harris to be retained

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL, wish you would have posted the Mike Woodson coaching the Knicks GIF and staring down the refs. If I knew how to do it I would.
This one?

woodson6.gif

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is Jerry's staff. People are told to work together - brilliant strategy for cohesiveness and chemistry!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Actually he said the team had retained him. I don't think it was his decision.

This is the cancerous way we roll thanks to the lunatic.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Actually he said the team had retained him. I don't think it was his decision.

This is the cancerous way we roll thanks to the lunatic.
Exactly. Here is a review of Al Harris' coaching career:

• Miami Dolphins (2012) Coaching intern
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2013) Assistant secondary/defensive assistant
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2014–2015) Assistant secondary coach
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2016–2018) Secondary/cornerbacks coach
  • FAU (2019) Defensive assistant
  • Dallas Cowboys (2020–present) Defensive backs coach

There have been previous examples of coaches promoted to coordinator, Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore, on this team, during the two decades, with far less coaching experience. Additionally, Harris has been working the past three years under his former Green Bay Packers head coach, Mike McCarthy. Seemingly, the two have enjoyed a good, productive working relationship between them.

It makes me wonder if Al Harris considered the open position after Dan Quinn's exit? Or was Harris seriously approached with the offer? Those are two considerations a general manager should weigh, before introducing an outside variable in an existing formula, especially if a short list of candidates are included in any job search.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Al Harris and the tight ends coach are the only ones I wanted back.

DAL1180

Reaction score
Exactly. Here is a review of Al Harris' coaching career:

• Miami Dolphins (2012) Coaching intern
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2013) Assistant secondary/defensive assistant
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2014–2015) Assistant secondary coach
  • Kansas City Chiefs (2016–2018) Secondary/cornerbacks coach
  • FAU (2019) Defensive assistant
  • Dallas Cowboys (2020–present) Defensive backs coach

There have been previous examples of coaches promoted to coordinator, Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore, on this team, during the two decades, with far less coaching experience. Additionally, Harris has been working the past three years under his former Green Bay Packers head coach, Mike McCarthy. Seemingly, the two have enjoyed a good, productive working relationship between them.

It makes me wonder if Al Harris considered the open position after Dan Quinn's exit? Or was Harris seriously approached with the offer? Those are two considerations a general manager should weigh, before introducing an outside variable in an existing formula, especially if a short list of candidates are included in any job search.
Correct me if I'm wrong(it happens a lot) but didn't Harris say he has never or doesn't do X's and O's but focuses more on teaching technique?