News: Alabama's Derrick Henry, graded a second-rounder by NFL draft advisory board, wants to play for Cowb

CCBoy

Reaction score
Alabama's Derrick Henry, graded a second-rounder by NFL draft advisory board, wants to play for Cowboys

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...r-nfl-draft-advisory-board-wants-play-cowboys

Alabama running back Derrick Henry, as expected, declared for the NFL draft on Friday.

After running for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns on 395 carries -- including 158 yards and three scores against Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship, a 45-40 Alabama win -- there was nothing left for Henry to accomplish as a member of the Crimson Tide.

His mind is firmly on the NFL.

The Heisman Trophy winner, speaking to media in Tuscaloosa, Ala., expressed his desire to play for the Cowboys...

Manster68

Reaction score
Hey, I say the Cowboys draft Jalen Ramsey in the first round. If Henry is still there in the 2nd, then grab him.

If Henry is gone, then take Alex Collins.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A cb (Ramsey) who rarely makes int's. Zero last year, and only 3 in 3 years of college. Sounds like what Claiborne did for us.

In this scheme I don't even know why anyone would want to even invest draft picks in corners anymore. I'd take my chances with them in free agency. I'm not investing big money or a draft pick into corners who are just gonna be 10 yards off their receiver.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
In this scheme I don't even know why anyone would want to even invest draft picks in corners anymore. I'd take my chances with them in free agency. I'm not investing big money or a draft pick into corners who are just gonna be 10 yards off their receiver.

True.

Nav22

Reaction score
They must have misquoted him.

Nobody wants to play for the Cowboys because Jerry's the worst GM in the league, Garrett's a useless puppet and the Cowboys haven't been relevant since the '90s. I learned all that on this board!

Don't tell me about Super Bowls, a playoff win last year, Forbes lists, TV ratings, home/road attendance or any other facts to the contrary. Don't want to hear it!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They must have misquoted him.

Nobody wants to play for the Cowboys because Jerry's the worst GM in the league, Garrett's a useless puppet and the Cowboys haven't been relevant since the '90s. I learned all that on this board!

Don't tell me about Super Bowls, a playoff win last year, Forbes lists, TV ratings, home/road attendance or any other facts to the contrary. Don't want to hear it!

No.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If he's there in the early second and no early first rounder slips, it's a no brainer for me. Draft Henry.