News: Alabama's Derrick Henry, graded a second-rounder by NFL draft advisory board, wants to play for Cowb

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do I feel like Henry will be there in the 2nd and we'll pass on him for a tight end or something?
Oh yeah, because we did that before with Eddie Lacy and Le'Veon Bell in favor of Gavin Escobar.

Didn't need a RB at that time, as they needed a TE behind Witten may have had something to do with it.

Wasn't Bell suspended for drugs or something. And is now injured. Lacey been in and out of the line up for different types of injuries and been up and down at times, had fumbling issues. Though Escobar now injured. But that can happen to any player for that type of injury at anytime.
I know what you are saying, but all this hindsight draft stuff gets nowhere.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Why do I feel like Henry will be there in the 2nd and we'll pass on him for a tight end or something?
Oh yeah, because we did that before with Eddie Lacy and Le'Veon Bell in favor of Gavin Escobar.

Imagine fat Eddie on this team? He would be a pariah.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They must have misquoted him.

Nobody wants to play for the Cowboys because Jerry's the worst GM in the league, Garrett's a useless puppet and the Cowboys haven't been relevant since the '90s. I learned all that on this board!

Don't tell me about Super Bowls, a playoff win last year, Forbes lists, TV ratings, home/road attendance or any other facts to the contrary. Don't want to hear it!

No, players shoot for the bucks, and follow the yellow brick road...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He must like playing for losers. I've been informed by a well known one on here that we don't have a chance this year.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wants to be in the super bowl with us in three years.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Alabama's Derrick Henry, graded a second-rounder by NFL draft advisory board, wants to play for Cowboys

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...r-nfl-draft-advisory-board-wants-play-cowboys

Alabama running back Derrick Henry, as expected, declared for the NFL draft on Friday.

After running for 2,219 yards and 28 touchdowns on 395 carries -- including 158 yards and three scores against Clemson in the College Football Playoff National Championship, a 45-40 Alabama win -- there was nothing left for Henry to accomplish as a member of the Crimson Tide.

His mind is firmly on the NFL.

The Heisman Trophy winner, speaking to media in Tuscaloosa, Ala., expressed his desire to play for the Cowboys...

Another overhyped Alabama RB...no thanks.

Dodger12

Reaction score
They must have misquoted him.

Nobody wants to play for the Cowboys because Jerry's the worst GM in the league, Garrett's a useless puppet and the Cowboys haven't been relevant since the '90s. I learned all that on this board!

Don't tell me about Super Bowls, a playoff win last year, Forbes lists, TV ratings, home/road attendance or any other facts to the contrary. Don't want to hear it!

Yes, I'm sure he'd turn down a million dollar offer if he was drafted by the Browns.

robjay04

Reaction score
Didn't need a RB at that time, as they needed a TE behind Witten may have had something to do with it.

Wasn't Bell suspended for drugs or something. And is now injured. Lacey been in and out of the line up for different types of injuries and been up and down at times, had fumbling issues. Though Escobar now injured. But that can happen to any player for that type of injury at anytime.
I know what you are saying, but all this hindsight draft stuff gets nowhere.

La'Veon Bell is one of the best backs in the NFL. I would take him over any back in the league considering his age, versatility and upside.

pgreptom

Reaction score

meme.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
They know it can and will happen, and they want to be apart of that. Wouldnt you?

Oh absolutely. But I am a bit biased haha.

It just amazes me though. The "not Americas team", the ".500 since the last super bowl" etc. they all want to be us.

lkelly

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas is the only system Henry sees himself working in. He's used to running behind a vastly superior OL that opens huge holes, allowing him to run in straight lines. If he had to create on his own then he'd be the next Trent Richardson.

If you are going to spend a premium pick on Henry you might as well sign Richardson for half of what McFadden signed for.

Any back Dallas drafts with a top pick better be a 3 down workhorse that can catch 70 passes and pick up the blitz.

phildadon86

Reaction score
In this scheme I don't even know why anyone would want to even invest draft picks in corners anymore. I'd take my chances with them in free agency. I'm not investing big money or a draft pick into corners who are just gonna be 10 yards off their receiver.

While i agree with your statement your forgetting one key factor. They are only 10 yards off the WR on 3rd and 17, 3 man rush, prevent defense, first down opposing team. Its kinda like clockwork because it literally seems like it happens every time. WE get the other team into 3rd and long situations consistently and then Rod decides hey, this is working to well, lets give them a shot.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas is the only system Henry sees himself working in. He's used to running behind a vastly superior OL that opens huge holes, allowing him to run in straight lines. If he had to create on his own then he'd be the next Trent Richardson.

If you are going to spend a premium pick on Henry you might as well sign Richardson for half of what McFadden signed for.

Any back Dallas drafts with a top pick better be a 3 down workhorse that can catch 70 passes and pick up the blitz.

Sooo, Elliott is what you are saying?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sooo, Elliott is what you are saying?

From comparing what I seen of Henry in his college championship games this year, to what Elliot did in his last year. Including conference championship games.
I would take Elliot hands down with no questions.
I wouldn't mind Henry in the 2nd round, and from what I been reading lately, maybe not with the 34th pick, but a little later. Which means we would need another 2nd round pick.

Which would mean a slight trade down. If that happens, then may as well take Elliot in the 1st, a QB, like Hackenberg, unless Wentz is still there at 34th pick. With the next pick, then defense with that extra 2nd.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Henry reminds me of a Brandon Jacobs - Eddie George type. Slow to the hole, downhill runner with no moves. With that being said I'd take him in the 3rd for sure if he was still around.