Alabama's Kirkpatrick cited for possession.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
FWIW, Saban says, when healthy, his other starting CB was his best DB. DeQuan Menzie.

He should move up the boards after the combine if he has a good workout. He's big, (6'1" 200 lbs, physical and can play man and zone).

Has had some injuries but was injury free this season and had a good year.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
JackWagon;4383886 said:
This has Jerry Jones written all over it fellas ... a flashy but troubled Corner falls directly in JJ's lap at #14 .... He is so gonna pick this ******.

Visions of hall of famer bound Warren Sapp are dancing in Jerrys head.
With Jerry, it would probably be nightmares of Randy Moss that causes him to make the selection, but I still think Kirkpatrick goes before we pick anyway.
TheFinisher;4383932 said:
This is pretty funny but I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

Not sure what's so funny. He is easily in the top 3 talent wise. I like him better than Kirkpatrick, and some debate that he is better than Claiborne skill-wise. If he didn't get kicked out of the Florida program, he would be a top 10 pick.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
unionjack8;4384155 said:
no way . Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine and still went in round 1. Kirkpatrick was rated way higher than him.
He will still go top 15, no ifs ands or buts.
There is a difference between a failed test and cited for possession.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4384184 said:
Are you some of guys really this ridiculous?

Dude getting caught with weed this close to the draft is akin to the average Joe interviewing for a job with his bail bondsman, a stripper, drunk, hungover, etc.

It speaks to an individual's common sense, dependability, responsibility, maturity, etc.

Throw in the fact that a potential employer may have his substantial investment compromised or lost because of said deficiencies, and it's more than just some dude busted with herb.
Exactly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes;4384027 said:
Wow, Dude. You went from essentially ripping the guy to saying he'd be a great pickup at #14 within the span of 3 sentences. All the while admitting that your views are entirely unencumbered by knowledge. This is one for the ages.
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(yes, that deserved multiple laughing icons)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mattb_25;4384185 said:
And Aqib Talib failed drug tests multiple times and still went number 20 in the draft.
Maybe not the best example you could've used...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384322 said:
What's the difference? You fail a test and it proves you were using drugs.
Charges = more negative publicity and a stricter microscope by the NFL.

Gaede

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4384211 said:
FWIW, Saban says, when healthy, his other starting CB was his best DB. DeQuan Menzie.

He should move up the boards after the combine if he has a good workout. He's big, (6'1" 200 lbs, physical and can play man and zone).

Has had some injuries but was injury free this season and had a good year.

If that's the case, there's a 100% chance we draft him in the second round

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4384187 said:
Yes, we know.

And this is the problem. Getting caught is nothing but stupidity. Too stupid to draft.

Finally , somebody gets it. Many players / athletes smoke weed. A very small percentage get caught doing it. But this situation really takes the cake. Months before the biggest day of your life, and with Millions of dollars on the line, you get caught with weed. It's almost comical how stupid this is.

I honestly don't know who's dumber between him and janoris jenkins. Jenkins was caught repeatedly , and just kept blazing up anyway. It's really a damn shame to me that two of the top 3 corners in this draft (IMO) have these drug related problems/ mental problems.

Too many people are focusing on the weed, and not the mental makeup of the people using it. What's even more interesting is the fact that we could very well end up taking one of these guys, depending on the value aspect of where they can be had in the draft. Whether we agree with it or not.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384322 said:
What's the difference? You fail a test and it proves you were using drugs.

you carry so close to your life changing cause you think rules don't apply to you -
you're a fool.

Reaction score
iceberg;4384392 said:
you carry so close to your life changing cause you think rules don't apply to you -
you're a fool.

Dude chill I know full well what drugs can do to a person trust me all I'm saying is I just don't get the difference between someone who was caught by cops and someone who failed a drug test. Both did drugs obviously.

hra8700

Reaction score
So apparently he was in the car of someone picked up for possession.

Hopefully just enough to let him slip to 14.

WOOOHOOO!

JackWagon

Reaction score
hra8700;4384409 said:
So apparently he was in the car of someone picked up for possession.

Hopefully just enough to let him slip to 14.

WOOOHOOO!

*facepalm*

Woods

Reaction score
I doubt the Cowboys organization invests the number 14 overall pick in the CB after this info came out.

Not the direction JJ/Garrett will go, imo. Esp as Garrett has said he wants high quality guys, etc. Also, this is a good draft for CBs, esp in Rounds 2 and 3, so we can always pick up one later.

Gaede

Reaction score
Hostile;4384355 said:
How did that turn out as regards Sean Lee?

Hey, I'm not criticizing. Just making fun. I think it's a smart gamble. I love both the Lee and Carter picks when they were made.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
It is weed. My 14 year old cousin has tried it.

Weed doesnt make you an idiot, being an idiot makes you an idiot.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch him at #14. I've seen him play all 3 years. He was a blue chip recruit that turned out to be a pretty good player for Bama. But not a real game changer. He played in a great system that maximized his play but he never showed special athletic ability as he was advertised to have when he was coming out of high school.

Also Kirkpatrick has always been an immature player and one that Saban spent a lot of time trying to mold. Sure enough he gets out from under the pressure of a system that demands acountability and he is caught with a bag in his front shirt pocket. No way I draft him high.

Give me the other Bama CB. Dequan Menzie. Better CB and a mature player.

jnday

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;4384880 said:
I wouldn't touch him at #14. I've seen him play all 3 years. He was a blue chip recruit that turned out to be a pretty good player for Bama. But not a real game changer. He played in a great system that maximized his play but he never showed special athletic ability as he was advertised to have when he was coming out of high school.

Also Kirkpatrick has always been an immature player and one that Saban spent a lot of time trying to mold. Sure enough he gets out from under the pressure of a system that demands acountability and he is caught with a bag in his front shirt pocket. No way I draft him high.

Give me the other Bama CB. Dequan Menzie. Better CB and a mature player.

Menzie has caught my eye also . Has he entered the draft ?