Alabama's Kirkpatrick cited for possession.

Nomad

Reaction score
It's not even about the drugs specifically, or whether or not he has/does smoke pot.

If he gets caught with drugs 3 months before the NFL draft, one of the most important times in his life, it shows he has really bad decision making. How can you brazenly take that risk knowing how much it could hurt your draft?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384030 said:
Just because he got caught with weed?

It's not that he just got caught. It's the fact that he stands to lose millions by not conducting himself in a manner that ensures his draft position.

That is indicative of stupidity and this team already has enough of that.

I wouldn't touch the guy. He's an idiot.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes;4384027 said:
Wow, Dude. You went from essentially ripping the guy to saying he'd be a great pickup at #14 within the span of 3 sentences. All the while admitting that your views are entirely unencumbered by knowledge. This is one for the ages.

I believe Kirkpatrick is a top 10 pick in most mock drafts so I was making the point that if he slips to #14 and Claiborne and Decastro are gone, he would be a good pick up there.. since he fell out of the top 10 due to worries about his off the field activities. I didn't rip the guy, I just said what I have read, I even stated I wasn't sure about his play because I don't watch much college football.

Reading comprehension... YOU NEED SOME.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4384078 said:
He'll fall out of round 1. Imagine getting him at 45. Though now, do we want him? If he hasn't hired an agent, he should go right back to Bama.
too harsh. no way does he fall out of the first. although i admit the slight thought of getting him and decastro sent a tingle up my spine. :eek::

sbark

Reaction score
4miler;4384036 said:
Great! Maybe Dez canshow him the town...

.....naw.....maybe Sam Hurd will roll thru town on a road trip:eek:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Hostile;4384078 said:
He'll fall out of round 1. Imagine getting him at 45. Though now, do we want him? If he hasn't hired an agent, he should go right back to Bama.

I think you have to pass, dontcha? Especially this team. With this owner. And this fan base. But man it would be tempting at #45.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;4384078 said:

no way . Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine and still went in round 1. Kirkpatrick was rated way higher than him.
He will still go top 15, no ifs ands or buts.

juck

Reaction score
Whoopee most athletes smoke herb. They dont get caught.

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4384030 said:
Just because he got caught with weed?

It's socially unacceptable :rolleyes:

However, there has never been a recorded death from marijuana

And thousands die yearly from alcohol related accidents

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Are you some of guys really this ridiculous?

Dude getting caught with weed this close to the draft is akin to the average Joe interviewing for a job with his bail bondsman, a stripper, drunk, hungover, etc.

It speaks to an individual's common sense, dependability, responsibility, maturity, etc.

Throw in the fact that a potential employer may have his substantial investment compromised or lost because of said deficiencies, and it's more than just some dude busted with herb.

Mattb_25

Reaction score
unionjack8;4384155 said:
no way . Percy Harvin failed a drug test at the combine and still went in round 1. Kirkpatrick was rated way higher than him.
He will still go top 15, no ifs ands or buts.

And Aqib Talib failed drug tests multiple times and still went number 20 in the draft. It looks like weed doesn't have an affect on draft as much as you'd think. As long as they're not dealing or doing anything else, but get caught with a bit of weed, there's really no reason that he should drop significantly.

edit: Personally, if the guy has only got caught this one time and hasn't had any other problems, I'd take him if he's a good player. There are worse things he could have got caught with then a bit of weed.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4384184 said:
Are you some of guys really this ridiculous?

Dude getting caught with weed this close to the draft is akin to the average Joe interviewing for a job with his bail bondsman, a stripper, drunk, hungover, etc.

It speaks to an individual's common sense, dependability, responsibility, maturity, etc.

Throw in the fact that a potential employer may have his substantial investment compromised or lost because of said deficiencies, and it's more than just some dude busted with herb.

Yeah, didn't Randy Moss have some similar issues before the draft?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Jerry has said the last several years that the one thing they won't gamble on is drug issues. All those guys taken in the first round like Talib were not on the Cowboys board.